Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Shipping company can't start my car!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping company can't start my car!

OK so I am having my car shipped from MA to FL by Dependable Auto Shippers. Everything was cool until the car arrived their hub in Morrow, GA where is say for almost a week. So I finally call to see what's going on and I am told that "Oh, your car won't start and we now have to process this car as such which takes longer" Mind you I am talking to a DAS customer service rep and not with the people that actually work at the hub. So I am put on hold as the rep contacts the hub. She comes back and tells me the thier are notes on the dash with one saying "do not remove key from ignition" and " the key has to be jiggled up and down a couple times before it starts."

I then called the the previous owner to see if there was any problems with the car when it was loaded. He said that what he did to start the car was to turn the ignition on twice then the turn it again and it would start. He said that's how he always does it. I thought that was odd but whoever loaded the car had no problem and when the car at stopped at hubs previous to be loaded onto a different carrier there was also no problem.

So I did some searching on here and found topics about how the wheel locks and how you have to move it some for the key to turnover. I also saw one that said a dead battery in the fob will cause the car not to start.I have explained these things to the rep today and she would forward that information and the she would call me back when she hears something.

Are these guys doing something wrong? Can leaving the key in the ignition cause the battery to drain in the fob? If you guys have any suggestions that could help me out I would really appreciate it! If they can't get it started my only option is to go pick it up myself.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Shipping company can't start my car!

I do remember having that issue a few times when I owned it. Never failed to start though.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, leaving he key in te ignition can in fact drain the battery in the fob. when it is in the ignition it is constantly communicatin giwth the computer even if you are not turning the car on. this is probably your issue... dead fob.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:30 AM

If yours is an '04 do a search on "mystery no start" or "intermittent start" and you will find numerous threads on this issue. It could be the relay control mModule that giving you the problem.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:49 PM

I just got off the phone with them again and the key will not even turn on the ignition. It seems to be locked somehow that it is not allowing the key to turn at all. Would the dead battery in the fob cause this too?

Old 04-24-2008, 01:16 PM

Dead battery in the fob will only disable the remote function of locking and unlocking the doors. It has nothing to do with starting the car. From past discussions on the key fob all the car needs is the right RFID (chip) and the correct metal key, and you have both if the car was started previously using the said key. Look elsewhere for the problem and not the fob.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Banned

unless the ignition switch is broken ?! it sounds like the steering wheel lock is preventing it from turning ! have them move the steering wheel while trying to turn the KEY on !

Old 04-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just send a private email also live in Atlanta and have two crossfires for about two years John Whelchel cell 770 377-1036 give me call if still non start and I will go by and see if I can start

Old 04-24-2008, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Buran
I just got off the phone with them again and the key will not even turn on the ignition. It seems to be locked somehow that it is not allowing the key to turn at all. Would the dead battery in the fob cause this too?
Is it an automatic? Gear shifter needs to be in Park for key to turn in ignition lock.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Forum Regular

i removed battery in my key waited 3 hours or so ,
and my car will start and driver with out a battery in the key.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Steve - UK
Is it an automatic? Gear shifter needs to be in Park for key to turn in ignition lock.
It is a Manual.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Forum Regular

dependable was used to ship my vette to cali, had 150 more miles on it and a ciger burn in the leather.....never again...

Old 04-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Forum Regular

A friend had to ship a Ford GT to England. The guy who showed up to put it on the carrier didn't know how to drive a standard and blew the clutch trying to get it on the truck... Ford fixed it in warranty, but the owner was plenty angry!

Old 04-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think the battery in the key fob will drain if key is left in ignition. Mine is in the garage and I never pull my key, in fact when I store it in my garage I don't pull the key and I've never had to replace the fob battery.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:47 PM

It is a Manual.
Do you know if they are pushing down the clutch pedal when trying to start it or are they just trying to start it in neutral? It might sound like a dumb ? but I had a Dodge Stealth at a dealer one time to have work done on it and they came in and asked me if it had a special alarm system because they couldn't start it. It wouldn't start because the dumbass didn't push in the clutch pedal.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by robby363
Do you know if they are pushing down the clutch pedal when trying to start it or are they just trying to start it in neutral? It might sound like a dumb ? but I had a Dodge Stealth at a dealer one time to have work done on it and they came in and asked me if it had a special alarm system because they couldn't start it. It wouldn't start because the dumbass didn't push in the clutch pedal.
They can't even get the key to turn the ignition on let alone try to crank the car. I am told the key will not turn right at all.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:09 PM

They can't even get the key to turn the ignition on let alone try to crank the car. I am told the key will not turn right at all.
It sounds like the steering wheel is locked if the key won't turn at all or the switch is broken.

Last edited by robby363; 04-24-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by robby363
It sounds like the steering wheel is locked if the key won't turn at all or the switch is broken.
Yeah I told them about the steering wheel possibly being locked and they may have to move it some to allow the key to turn. I was assured that was tried. I don't know about the switch possibly being broken.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:59 PM

They could try to spray some lock grease in it.I don't know if it will help or not but these pics are from the service manual.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
k1.JPG (46.6 KB, 21 views)
k2.JPG (64.0 KB, 19 views)
k3.JPG (38.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 04-25-2008, 09:06 AM

OK Everything is good to go! A HUGE THANKS to Mickey5469! He went to the lot where my car was and turned the wheel to unlock it! That was the issue. No dead batteries or any of that. The people working there just didnt turn the wheel hard enough. Thanks again John!

Quick Reply: Shipping company can't start my car!