Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

this car produces the most "head turners" than any other car under $50k.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this car produces the most "head turners" than any other car under $50k.

Seriously, I am surprised people don't break their necks when they look at my car. Its really funny because I only paid 14,000 and people who get mustangs, corvettes, bmw, lexus, mercedes, and pay double or more what I did.... and most people won't even flinch.

I love the rarity of this car.. it makes it that much more of a head turner.

Discuss your opinions and experiences on "head turning".

Old 05-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Default Re: this car produces the most "head turners" than any other car under $50k.

I must say to that mine gets "almost" the same kinda of looks that my TT Supra got

This makes me VERY happy considering what I paid for my supra 8 years ago!

Old 05-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Default Re: this car produces the most "head turners" than any other car under $50k.

This isnt always good, on my way to school this morning i saw two cop cars, looked in to both and they were both turing their heads and i wasnt sure if it was b/c of the car or they didnt like my tinted rearlights/HID's in the front, every time i look its creeps me out/scares me... i wish cops werent allowed to stare at cars... u never know that they're up to :P

Old 05-15-2008, 05:13 AM

It does not receive the attention that a Mini Cooper still gets. I have both. I park at my favorite retaurant and observe through a one way window. The Mini still gets more..The Mini is Chili pepper red and the Crossfire is a blaze red rdstr.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by janobry
This isnt always good, on my way to school this morning i saw two cop cars, looked in to both and they were both turing their heads and i wasnt sure if it was b/c of the car or they didnt like my tinted rearlights/HID's in the front, every time i look its creeps me out/scares me... i wish cops werent allowed to stare at cars... u never know that they're up to :P
I wish the same thing. This would save me countless hours of mind-numbing traffic patrol duty.

Another one I wish we didn't have to enforce...the "almost stop" stop. You know, the one where the car slows way down at a stop sign, but never truly stops. I HATE citing those, and everyone seems to do it.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:56 AM
Forum Regular

Well I hve to say that I do get a lot of head turning from mine as well. And I love the most frequently asked question, "what kinda car is that?"

Old 05-15-2008, 05:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shark067
Well I hve to say that I do get a lot of head turning from mine as well. And I love the most frequently asked question, "what kinda car is that?"

i get that too.. in addition to that, i also get the "what's that thing top out at?" question from the more knowledgable car people.... they looked shocked whe i tell them the answer hahaha.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:08 AM

hhmm.. I haven't noticed as much.. maybe I should drive it more often and not just store it in the garage..

Old 05-15-2008, 06:24 AM
Forum Regular

I base my purchases on what turns my head and I find out it's what turns most other peoples heads also. But it has to turn mine first. My wife comented the other day after we pulled away from a light, "did you see those guy's next to us checking out your car?"

Maybe Andrew could create a decal that says" WHAT ARE YOU LOOK'IN AT BUTTHEAD"

Old 05-15-2008, 07:00 AM
Forum Regular

my head turning has increased about 200% since the paint. seems like i might as well be driving a lambo or something.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:54 AM

^ah.. I saw your pic in a different forum and I wanted to talk to you.

I love your paint job.. where did you get it at? And how much does something like that cost.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by arado
It does not receive the attention that a Mini Cooper still gets. I have both. I park at my favorite retaurant and observe through a one way window. The Mini still gets more..The Mini is Chili pepper red and the Crossfire is a blaze red rdstr.
Now, I find that hard to believe. Minis are everywhere. Maybe they are wondering how hot the chick is that drives it! lol, just kidding man, I like Minis too.

BUMP,

I have noticed that the head turning has slowed a bit since Chrysler has been flooding the market with these cars. I did have a group of people stand up at the windows of a deli when I was getting gas like some crazy exotic just pulled in.

Last edited by cgocifer; 05-15-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Forum Regular

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Originally Posted by cgocifer
Now, I find that hard to believe. Minis are everywhere. Maybe they are wondering how hot the chick is that drives it! lol.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:24 AM

No offense to anyone that likes minis, but I don't find them the least bit attractive. They are on par with the PT cruiser for me lol

Old 05-15-2008, 09:35 AM

Yeah I have had people taking pictures of my car at stop lights and what not I have to say it’s a little creepy.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:35 AM

When I bought my xfire it was between it and a mini. I was suprised to find out my wife does not like minis at all and loved the xfire.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sigh, every thread I read about this I just cringe and write the same reply.

Come to MICHIGAN! I guarantee it won't turn heads, there are SO MANY CROSSFIRES HERE I now see at least 5 a day..

Old 05-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Forum Regular

It really isn't that special. A unique body style maybe but unless you go "menacing silhouette" style they just end up looking like a cheap tarted-up sport car rentals.

Anybody that knows anythng about cars knows they are bargain priced, and any active member of this forum knows that 90% of the fanbase would mount Walmart tires and use regualr unleaded until they could afford pinstripes.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Forum Regular

I can't speak for anyone else, but in San Diego, I get people rolling their windows down in traffic asking me what kind of car it is.

I also get people telling me how gorgeous it is while I am at gas stations.

As for all the Crossfires in Michigan--I feel sorry for you, both in San Diego and in Malibu I hardly see any.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Forum Regular

I've had everything from what looked like a Sopranos cast member asking me if it was a Porsche to a 10 year old girl jamming the brakes on her bike to yell "nice car" from her driveway.

...Still rides like an Amish buggie with marshmellow steering.

EDIT: I guess the point i'm trying to make is that feeling "baller" in a Crossfire is pretty sad.

Last edited by Opticon; 05-15-2008 at 10:38 AM.

Quick Reply: this car produces the most "head turners" than any other car under $50k.