Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Car Cover - Which to buy?

Old 05-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Cover - Which to buy?

I don't have a garage, or carport. So guess where the Xfire sits, ---yes outside. I drive it daily and take good car of the car, wash, wax etc.

I do have other cars that aren't being driven due to my recent Xfire purchase and they are feeling neglected.

So I want to know from your experience which is the best car cover to purchase for the Xfire? Can I cover the car dirty and not have nightmares about the cover grinding the dirt into my paint?

**I did a search on every variation of words looking for advice on a car cover, but I couldn't find anything useful.

Thanks in advance.

Don

Old 05-16-2008, 02:40 PM
RPM
Default Re: Car Cover- Which to buy?

I use this one:
http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/chcrveco.html

Not so sure how it would work out in the elements (I put it on in the garage during winter).

A lot of folks have had good luck with 'California Car Covers,' or something like that. There are some other threads on this subject on the forum.
Good luck.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by donschorr
I don't have a garage, or carport. So guess where the Xfire sits, ---yes outside. I drive it daily and take good car of the car, wash, wax etc.

I do have other cars that aren't being driven due to my recent Xfire purchase and they are feeling neglected.

So I want to know from your experience which is the best car cover to purchase for the Xfire? Can I cover the car dirty and not have nightmares about the cover grinding the dirt into my paint?

**I did a search on every variation of words looking for advice on a car cover, but I couldn't find anything useful.

Thanks in advance.

Don
If you want to protect your car from bird ****, lawn service's that use a blower and blow dirt all over it. Sun, rain, dirt, they are OK..but you will scratch your car if the inside of the cover gets dirt trapped in it. It's a trade off. One manufacture is as good as the other when you are in the $150.00 range and up. Good luck.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:23 PM

Got mine custom made at autoanything.com and it's reasonable price.
Lightweight, waterproof and very easy to put on and take off.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re: Car Cover - Which to buy?

I bought a couple cheap ones at Walmart and use them on the Xfire and the Audi. Yes - you have to be careful they don't get dirt on the inside. I also roll them on and off rather than dragging them, which I believe reduces scratching. I don't think spending more gets you any better protection in the long run.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:57 AM
mbd
Default Re: Car Cover - Which to buy?

Hi,

Lots of information here....

http://www.carcareonline.com/viewarticle.aspx?art=2

I have a covercraft custom car cover using the Noah material. I have been very pleased with the cover. It is important to secure the cover if it is going to be windy. I simply use a "bungy" cord running under the car between the eye hooks.

http://www.covercraft.com/

Hope this helps

mbd