Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I miss my car...

Old 06-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I miss my car...

So friday will be two weeks that I have spent without my car. It's actually a huge headache. I dropped it off at the dealership for some minor work, and had noted the engine was making a ticking noise when it idled.

They told me I can get it monday.

They call monday and say tuesday.

They call tuesday and say by friday.

They call friday and say monday.

They call monday and say tuesday.

They call yesterday and say maybe today.

Every time they extend it they tell me it is because they have to order more parts, or they didn't order enough parts. It's starting to **** me off. I wouldn't mind at all if they had given me a rental until mine got fixed -- but they said I am too young to rent a vehicle from them. I can buy a car from you guys, but I can't rent one? Right.

Anyway, I'm just pissed and ranting. I hope I get my ride back tonight.. I miss her..

Old 06-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: I miss my car..

I understand TOTALLY what you're going through as am I. Hit the deer almost 3 weeks ago and their estimate online was for 17 June I'd have my baby back. Every Wednesday I get a phone call update on the progress and that date was pushed to 19 Jun. I got my call earlier today (Wednesday) and they say (paraphrasing) the car is about 90% done. All painted and when it was to be put back together they noticed some little pieces were missing and so they're waiting on parts from the dealer. I should have it by this Friday, which sounds like next week to me. Going through Crossfire withdrawal, and no Crossfire means mammary withdrawal....

Justin

Old 06-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What part of jersey are you from?? I've been trying to meet up with some fellow xfire owners???

Old 06-19-2008, 06:41 AM

Hey rodimus,

I am from northern jersey -- west milford area. I could probably throw a rock over to Warwick NY. Right on the border!

edit: I see we have the same profession as well! pretty cool :d

Old 06-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: I miss my car...

I lived in bergen county for years. (Teaneck)

I work in Rockland County and Live in Orange county now, moving to Rockland in September. Hopefully we can organize a drive/meet with some other local xfire owners..

Old 06-19-2008, 10:01 AM

hey sounds good! I've always been down for trying to meet up with some crossfire local's as well .. would be a blast to just hit the road for a day.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:45 PM

ARGH!!!!!!!

I get my car back today and the dealership didn't do ANY work on any of the stuff I had originally dropped it off for.. and on top of that as SOON AS I GET HOME IT STARTS TICKING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJGk;adfjdslfadslfjhaldg

Old 06-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by khanable
ARGH!!!!!!!

I get my car back today and the dealership didn't do ANY work on any of the stuff I had originally dropped it off for.. and on top of that as SOON AS I GET HOME IT STARTS TICKING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJGk;adfjdslfadslfjhaldg
If your close to Rockland County.... Nanuet Chrysler has been great with my past crossfire and my current crossfire. I used another dealership close to home who sucked. Thats how I ended up there too.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ARGH!!!!!!!

AJGk;adfjdslfadslfjhaldg
When you picked it up, did you not question them on what they found or did? A good dealership would have given you some explination.

On the surface, it would appear they were just holding your car to p*ss you off so you wouldn't come back. And, they don't know how to fix it and don't care.

Last edited by InfernoRedXfire; 06-19-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rodimus
If your close to Rockland County.... Nanuet Chrysler has been great with my past crossfire and my current crossfire. I used another dealership close to home who sucked. Thats how I ended up there too.
I don't even live up there and I know Nanuet Chrysler - they did some emergency work on my Jeep for me while I was traveling - They took me with no appointment and replaced a cracked exhaust manifold.

They were great.

On the dealer that kept putting you off and then didn't fix what you brought it for... Don't go back and make sure you tell them that. If you get a call from Chrysler Customer Service make sure you tell them - they will sometimes help you get satisfaction and at the very least will slap the dealer.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ppro
I don't even live up there and I know Nanuet Chrysler - they did some emergency work on my Jeep for me while I was traveling - They took me with no appointment and replaced a cracked exhaust manifold.

They were great.

On the dealer that kept putting you off and then didn't fix what you brought it for... Don't go back and make sure you tell them that. If you get a call from Chrysler Customer Service make sure you tell them - they will sometimes help you get satisfaction and at the very least will slap the dealer.

That dealership restored my faith in someone knowing what to do with these cars..... I was losing my mind until I went there. I'm been raving about them ever since.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Forum Regular

Consider taking it to the MBenz dealer for the tick. They're probably a lot more familiar with the car. Don't think they will charge you more just because they're a Benz dealer. It might cost you a trifle more but compared with the extra hours the Chrysler dealer will bill you because they don't work on the cars much you may very well come out ahead with the Benz dealer, not to mention get better service and a better outcome.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ppro
It might cost you a trifle more but compared with the extra hours the Chrysler dealer will bill you because they don't work on the cars much you may very well come out ahead with the Benz dealer, not to mention get better service and a better outcome.
No dealership is going to let a rookie work on something the likes of a Crossfire in any branding. I seriously doubt any hourly tech is gonna work on this car. With that being said if a flat rate tech is doing something to the car that by the flat rate manual says 2 hrs and it takes him 4; well it looks like he'll be eating ramen noodles because you'll only be paying for the 2 hrs it called for. If ever you have any questions on time, break out the flat rate manual, more than likely the dealer will have it on digital media, and see the cost breakdown.

Justin

Old 06-20-2008, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
When you picked it up, did you not question them on what they found or did? A good dealership would have given you some explination.

On the surface, it would appear they were just holding your car to p*ss you off so you wouldn't come back. And, they don't know how to fix it and don't care.
I did question them and the guy behind the counter didn't know exactly what they had done since he hadn't worked on the car and the 'paperwork wasn't ready yet'.

I'm stopping in today and I will promise you heads will be rolling if I don't get some answers.

I'd love to take it to a mercedes dealership but all the work being done is under warranty .. which I am sure why it took so long and basically nothing got done. I simply cannot afford taking the car to a benz dealership to be honest..

I'll check out that other dealership that was mentioned. Thanks guys.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:15 AM
Forum Regular

I did question them and the guy behind the counter didn't know exactly what they had done since he hadn't worked on the car and the 'paperwork wasn't ready yet'.

I'm stopping in today and I will promise you heads will be rolling if I don't get some answers.

I'd love to take it to a mercedes dealership but all the work being done is under warranty .. which I am sure why it took so long and basically nothing got done. I simply cannot afford taking the car to a benz dealership to be honest..

I'll check out that other dealership that was mentioned. Thanks guys.
Fair enough if it's under warrantee it makes sense to have it done at the Chrysler dealer. But if they didn't do the work make sure you have a record that you reported it so if it doesn't get fixed before your warrantee runs out....

As for the Benz dealer, I thought I couldn't afford it either until I actually took mine there - I launched over a traffic island and the Chrysler dealer didn't have the tools for the four-wheel alignment. Benz dealer charged me same price as NTB would have to do alignment and mount new tires. No more expensive...in that case...