Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Major Problem: Dying At Idle, Won't Start

Old 07-17-2008, 06:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Major Problem: Dying At Idle, Won't Start

I've had this car since Nov. and LOVED IT! BUT... the last few days it has been dying on me at intersections when I'm pulling to a stop, happened 3 times and it would only take about a few minutes to start it back up.

Last night it died at a gas station and took me about 15min to start, the check engine light came on and I immediately took it to a friend with a diagnostic tool.

I got three codes: PO410, PO335, and PO730. These are, can't remember the order, a Gear Ratio problem, a Crank Shaft problem, and an Emissions Error (probably a bi-product of the other two).

This morning, my fiance took the car without thinking about the problem, and it died on her twice, both times taking 30min to get it to start again.

I've called the dealership and had to leave a message with the Service Advisor... in my past experiences, it will take them a while to get back to me.

Has anyone else had this issue? I was thinking it was a fuel injection problem because it seemed to die right as I began to Idle, but that isn't an error code that is coming up.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Major Problem: Dying At Idle, Won't Start

Crankshaft Position sensor ??? Try a search !

Old 07-17-2008, 02:05 PM

If it's an '04, search under "Mystery No Start Issue" for the answer to your problems.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:43 PM

So it was the Crank Shaft Position Sensor like everyone said. I did get a little pissed off at the dealer for not providing me a loaner or rental. I bought the extended warranty and they said it only covered rentals for repairs over 8hrs long, even if they had my car for 3 days and the repair only took 2hrs.

But here is the kicker to this all, the problem is back, check engine light and all with the same codes. I call the dealer, they tell me to bring it in tomorrow since they are busy today.

Has anyone had this repair done and then had the problem return immediately? Or any suggestions on dealing with an obviously poor dealership?

Old 07-22-2008, 05:43 PM

That bit about the the rental is a load of crap. I've gotten a rental several times for very minor repairs.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:49 PM

I still believe the answer is to be found under the posts re: Mystery No Start Issue. Buy the relay part described in the post from an MB dealership for less than Chrysler and snap it in place yourself in less than 10 minutes. The rental excuse is a bunch of BS - if they need to have your car more than a day you get the rental.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:24 PM

I got the car back from the dealership after the check engine light came on again with the same three codes. Their prognosis... nothing. They cleared the codes and put some miles on it and the codes didn't come up again. So they gave it back to me and what happens... light is back on again. I told them about the fuel pump sensor, they said they would notice it if it was the problem.

My question now, I guess, is whether my extended warranty is just with that dealership or with Chrysler? Basically, I'd like to go to another dealer.