Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Rule #1, Know Your Product

Old 07-24-2008, 06:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rule #1, Know Your Product

My Wife and I stopped at a local Chrysler dealer tonight that usually has several Crossfires on their used car lot.
They had 5 or 6 cars, a couple were dark grey, two were SSB, and a black Base car. Probably Chrysler Program cars with around 12k miles.
When a sales rep. came out, I asked him if they had any 2008 models, and was told, "Oh they never built any 2008 models."
Last year on Aug. 1st. I stopped at another dealer and was told they never made any 2007 models either.
I'm beginning to think, the standard answer you get from your typical indifferent Chrysler Dealer is, "If we don't have any, then obviously they never built em. So buy what we do have."

Old 07-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Rule #1, Know Your Product

smarter ppl that research before doing thier job, actually have better jobs. most sales ppl are losers, and just there to make a buck while being as lazy as they can.

yet rarely, u'll find those good sales ppl. (i used to work at a dealership rebuilding cars, so i've seen many pathetic sales ppl, one thought a new corvette we were selling had a v6 in it (after driving it and looking under the hood), hahahah d*** a** ).

Old 07-25-2008, 03:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Junction in Chardon has a boatload of 'verts, and i think they are all '08's.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:02 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by +fireamx
"If we don't have any, then obviously they never built em. So buy what we do have."
That's the truth. Were you driving yours? Did they know you are a Xfire owner?

Old 07-25-2008, 05:34 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

They haven't known this product since day 1. No surprise they don't know anything about it now. Chrysler scares me these days. They weren't even sure how to let me buy out my lease a few weeks ago. The dealer finance guy seemed completely lost. They even put a new car temp tag on my car.
I had a feeling once Daimler was gone they would take a nose dive. Seems that's what's happening. I'm sure there are still some fine Chrysler dealers out there, just not near you and me Mike.
Pat

Old 07-25-2008, 06:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine from a dodge dealer used, I knew nothing about them. Once we drove it we knew it was what we wanted, one of those spur of the moment buys as a toy. I didn't realize until after we bought it and I found this forum, the registration says "Crossfire Limited". They didn't even know what they had, and neither did I, but we dealt based on price and appearance. Sometimes you have buyers remorse, but we love this car and will enjoy it until the wheels fall off. With the knowledge I have now it gives me a chance to buy another later and use this one as an everyday driver, until the snow flies.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:35 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

too true. I find many sales people jump from one dealer to another and never really know much about what they are selling.
Most common question they ask is "how much do you want to spend?"
They are there to make a buck. That is why I tell them I want to spend one dollar.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
That's the truth. Were you driving yours? Did they know you are a Xfire owner?
Yeah Dan, I was driving our Crossfire. As a matter of fact, the first thing the rep said to me was, "You don't need another one, you already have one."
Pat, you're absolutely right, "they" never did know anything about the Crossfire. But I suppose we all should be happy about that. Because they totally dropped the ball when it came to marketing it, and that way quite of few us reaped the benefits thru drastically reduced prices.
Still, it's a shame, because a lot of potential buyers never even knew anything about this car.

Last edited by +fireamx; 07-25-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

I spent a great deal of time "shopping" for mine back in late 04 and 05. The only dealer that had a clue was the one I first saw the car at, DAR in Marlow Heights, Md. The Sales Mgr. at that dealership, at that time knew the car inside and out because he tried to get me to buy it instead of the GT Cruiser I bought. He knew all about the Mercedes tie in. Went all over the car with me. "You wanna sit in it?" Dumb move. "If you are interested I'll let you take it out", they had just put it in the showroom while I was waiting to try out my GT. It was probably one of the reasons I fell in love with it. He took the time to try and "sell me" that car. Only problem was the GT was 23k and that one was the first Crossfire they got and wanted 37k for it. Everyone else in my Crossfire experience was clueless about the car. Its a real shame, Chrysler had no idea what they had with this car, no idea.
I'm afraid its typical of most dealerships these days. I can only wonder what it's like trying to buy a Corvette these days? When I bought mine the salesman I dealt with knew the car, he knew each car he sold me, about 6 cars by the time I was 22. Can you imagine the same clueless treatment buying a 60-100,000 vehicle?
Pat

Old 07-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Forum Regular

When I bought mine I asked the salesman what the little **** was behind the shift lever. He had no idea, but tired to suggest several ideas. I opened the manual and told him it was the remote mirror control...

Old 07-25-2008, 07:52 AM

Yeah Dan, I was driving our Crossfire. As a matter of fact, the first thing the rep said to me was, "You don't need another one, you already have one."
[sound of jaw hitting floor] Ok, I don't work as a sale professional, but even I know better than to talk a customer out of a sale. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. That comment is just ... amazing.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:06 AM

Last year on Aug. 1st. I stopped at another dealer and was told they never made any 2007 models either.
I'm beginning to think, the standard answer you get from your typical indifferent Chrysler Dealer is, "If we don't have any, then obviously they never built em. So buy what we do have."
Welcome to Brick and Mortar sales.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:13 AM
RPM

Originally Posted by patpur
Its a real shame, Chrysler had no idea what they had with this car, no idea.
Very true. I was just looking over the 2008 Crossfire specs/gallery on chrysler.com and ran across some mistakes. If you go here:
http://www.chrysler.com/en/2008/crossfire/gallery/
Look at picture 6 of 19. The text below the pic states:
The stylish two-tone cockpit adds a sophisticated aura. Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited shown in Nappa Leather Trim - Dark Slate Gray.
Really? That is a SRT6 interior with Alacantra Suede - look at the seats and the 200mph speedo.
Also, pic 13 of 19 shows the famous pic of a SSB coupe and a Gray roadster. Problem is, that pic has been photochopped numerous times. Check this pic when they used to be SRT6s (it is also in my gallery):

Also, this link states that an auto dimming rearview mirror is standard on all models.
http://www.chrysler.com/en/2008/cros...rity/lighting/
Really? They brought it back after only having it in 2004? Weird. This 2008 must have been overlooked at the factory .
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...3756.m14.l1308

There are numerous other pics on chrysler.com showing the SRT6 interior, and they haven't produced one of those in years.

Absolutely pitiful. Sales were doomed from the start c/o Chrysler's lack of knowledge (read: interest) surrounding these fine vehicles.

Last edited by RPM; 07-25-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

The dealer I use doesn't even want one on his lot, thats why I wanted to have a meet and greet there, just to rub it in...there are people out there that like them...but, they didn't have much luck selling them for a profit, so why floor plan them...just doesn't make them any money...and because they didn't sell any, they don't have a mechanic on staff XF Cert either...

Old 07-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Forum Regular

Strange - the dealer I bought mine from knew a lot about the car. He knew his way around it, and he seemed to be comfortable with it when we went out on the test drive. This was a Mercedes/Chrysler/Dodge dealer here in the UK. I am sure that there are those out there who know less about the car, but the person who I dealt with seemed to know his stuff.

It clearly helps - if the customer feels that those selling the car actually know about it, they are more likely to buy.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As a matter of fact, the first thing the rep said to me was, "You don't need another one, you already have one."
That was his first mistake. He should have seen you as a satisfied customer coming to buy another one. Did he say anthing about your hood? I suspect he didn't have a clue.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was advised by a service rep that crossfires all have run-flat tires. I didn't correct him, as maybe he meant go-flat tires, which are standard equipment on many fine vehicles.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

That's too funny!
pat

Old 07-26-2008, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. F
Junction in Chardon has a boatload of 'verts, and i think they are all '08's.
All the ones with stickers in them are '08s 2 silver roadsters with 6 spds and a black and a red roadster with autos and a red coupe that was an auto.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
100_1746.jpg (743.4 KB, 7 views)
100_1747.jpg (721.6 KB, 9 views)
100_1748.jpg (854.2 KB, 13 views)
100_1749.jpg (795.9 KB, 11 views)
100_1750.jpg (764.7 KB, 12 views)
100_1751.jpg (798.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Forum Regular

Yeah, when I bought mine, the sales guy told me it had the same engine as the Sebring... Dolt. I didn't bother to correct him.

Quick Reply: Rule #1, Know Your Product