Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Trying to figure out pricing to get a good deal

Old 10-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to figure out pricing to get a good deal

Hello. I have decided to get a crossfire LTD with a manual trans and am trying to find a good deal. I was wondering what a good price for an 04 with 28K on it is. Its listed for 13.5 and the dealer says that their prices are firm, however, there is another dealer with an 06 auto with 19k on that is down to 14.4 on their car. I offered 11K which I know will get turned down but where is a good place to hold my ground? Thanks

Old 10-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Trying to figure out pricing to get a good deal

I have bought many a car over the years, and sometimes after I got home with my new car, had that "buyers remorse" feelling that I spent too much. When I bought my XF a few months back, I think it was the first time in my car purchasing years I didn't feel the remorse, that I actually got a good deal. I paid just a litle over 15K for my 05 Lmt Rdstr with a little less the 15000 miles. Are you searching autotrader, etc, to compare prices across the county. I did a quick search within 200 miles of my area, (Los Angeles), and found an 04 with 14500 miles for 17000, but then I also found an 04 for 24K with 14000 miles. Never mind that last car, it was an SRT6 for 24k. There is another 04 for 21K with 41k miles. So I would for sure do some price comparison searching before making a final decsion. Based on what I just found, I would think those are fair prices for the cars you mentioned, but as always, it's a subjectve matter on prices. Wait for the other's to post their thoughts. Take care.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Forum Regular

I'm also in the market for a Crossfire. Trust me, do not rush into it. Play the waiting game, for the value of these cars are dropping constantly....I'm simply waiting for the right deal to come along. If you look at the Crossfires on AutoTrader, you will find listings that have been on line for MONTHS! It is a reflection of the bad economy. Cars that continue to sit on lots month after month is not a strong business model. The buyer is in the driver's seat, and right now, "Cash is King!" ....Play it smart, save some money, and wait it out. You will get the deal you hope for....

Old 10-05-2008, 11:33 AM

The way the economy is rite now,offer the seller what you are willing to pay.If they dont accept it,keep walking.Your gonna see some super deals on ALL cars over the next 12 months.------------Dave

Old 10-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Sometimes there are more important things than price. I bought my 04 from a private owner. The couple that owned it were very particular about everything they owned, They had other cars much older that were still in like-new condition, their motorcycles parked next to the Crossfire in the garage were perfect. I know from talking with them and seeing how the car was cared for, it was worth a little more extra.

I just had that feeling that the car was well cared for and that I didn't mind spending a little bit more. So far it has been a good choice after looking/driving nearly 10 of them.

A dealer can make an abused car look new again when for sale. I would never rule out a car at a dealer, but be sure you know what you are buying. A freshly detailed car can hide a bunch of stuff you will find later.

James