Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New to the forum

Old 11-06-2008, 05:51 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New to the forum

Hello All,
Sorry but I couldn't find the "Introductions Forum" so here I am.
Glad to have found this site, it's set up alot like the PT Cruiser site I belong to. Two weeks ago I got an itch to drive something else after seven years in three different PT Cruisers, the last being a 2004 Dream Cruiser III Turbo with the Getrag 5 Speed. I drove down to Purcell,OK Ford dealership just to see if I could even get my 6'2" 245 lb body into a Crossfire. Went for a test drive with the salesman and fell totally in love with this car. After an afternoon of talks, we finally agreed on a fair trade in price and I brought her home that afternoon. She is a 2007 Limited Coupe Sapphire Silver 6 Speed with only 11,800 miles on her. She has had three washings and multiple waxings so far. We went on a wine tasting cruise last Sunday, we were out about 6 hours, car was fantastic but the wine wasn't. Still, all in all a Great Day!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
XFire and Tree.jpg (1.51 MB, 23 views)
Old 11-06-2008, 05:59 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: New to the forum

Welcome to the forum, lots and lots of info, and 1000's of very friendly people to answer all your questions.
Enjoy the Crossfire, but I guess you already have.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum Cruzr and congrats on your new ride !!!
Most anything you'll ever need to know and some stuff you may not wanna know about owning your new baby can be found right here.
Again welcome and enjoy the ride !!!

Caution: this forum can become habit forming !!!

Old 11-06-2008, 06:16 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome! And congrats on your new ride! You should find this forum very helpful in learning about your little Mercedes...I mean Chrysler.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This past summer, we flew to the Rockies for a 3-week vacation ... got a PT Cruiser from the car rental folks ... driving that car was no small adjustment for me but it was a better experience that a lot of rentals I've driven ...

like most, I am always disappointed to see my vacation end but I must say, after 3 weeks in a PT Cruiser, coming home to my Crossfire was all it took to get over the disappointment ...

I'm new enough here myself that I feel a bit strange to be part of the welcoming committee, but welcome to the world of Crossfire lovers ... I'll bet you enjoy the ride ...

Old 11-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Forum Regular

Welcome Aboard smfrycruzr. Slide into the Groove and Enjoy the Ride.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Welcome to the forum!
Browse around and you will soon see that there is a LOT of information on these cars here.
Also a LOT of GREAT folks here to help you with questions and comments, just ask!
Be sure to hit this thread and post your color, coupe/roadster and sequence number (last five of your VIN).
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=14473
"See" you on the forum!

Last edited by tighed1; 12-19-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by smfrycruzr
Hello All,
Sorry but I couldn't find the "Introductions Forum" so here I am.
Glad to have found this site, it's set up alot like the PT Cruiser site I belong to. Two weeks ago I got an itch to drive something else after seven years in three different PT Cruisers, the last being a 2004 Dream Cruiser III Turbo with the Getrag 5 Speed. I drove down to Purcell,OK Ford dealership just to see if I could even get my 6'2" 245 lb body into a Crossfire. Went for a test drive with the salesman and fell totally in love with this car. After an afternoon of talks, we finally agreed on a fair trade in price and I brought her home that afternoon. She is a 2007 Limited Coupe Sapphire Silver 6 Speed with only 11,800 miles on her. She has had three washings and multiple waxings so far. We went on a wine tasting cruise last Sunday, we were out about 6 hours, car was fantastic but the wine wasn't. Still, all in all a Great Day!
Hello smfrycruzr,

Welcome to the site! It looks like you have a nice looking Limited. I would recommend reading the stickies to get an idea of what to look out for in these cars. Nothing serious at all... just some things to check out. Like potential door rust issue.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Forum Regular

Smfrycruzr,

Welcome to the fourm. You will learn an awful lot of info from the members of this forum.

I also live in Oklahoma, pretty close to you, on the west side of Lake Hefner, just off of MacArthur.

A group of us Crossfire Owners got together about a month ago for a meet at " POPS" in Edmond for the first time and had a great time . Ten Crossfires together at one time was probably a first for Oklahoma. We are planning another meet and hope you will be the 11th. Stay in touch ,hope to meet you soon.

Check Crossfire Meets (South Forum Oklahoma meet)

welcome again

Joejet
2007 Black Coupe 6sp

Old 11-07-2008, 03:08 AM
Life is random...so am I.

Welcome to your newest addiction!

Old 11-07-2008, 04:10 AM
Forum Regular

Welcome to a new brave world. Most people you meet do not even know what these cars are. So enjoy the ride but be prepared to answer questions from glotting passerbys.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:10 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks +Firemx, Stogey, InfernoRedXFire, SteveS, TBird, Tighed1, Mika33, Apkano, Rivit93RX7- for the welcome. Glad to have found this site. I've already picked up alot of info about the XFire that I didn't know.
Tighed1, I followed your link, and it took me to what seems to be a SRT6 thread about sequence #'s. But if you like my last 5 #'s are 71,583. She is a Sapphire Silver Limited Coupe with the 6 Speed. So does this mean she was the 71,583th car produced? After owning PT's that had runs in the high 100,000's each year, it's hard to beleive that there were so few of these little beauties made. Kind of nice to be the caretaker of such a wonderful car.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:14 AM
Forum Regular

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum. This forum has helped me through many issues....

Especially helpful for the auto-blivious such as myself.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:17 AM

Welcome!

We can use another car at our next get to gather!

Be sure and check out the following link for information on the next Oklahoma GTG: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=28718

Old 11-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Forum Regular

Congratulations and welcome to the Best Crossfire Forum!
Now the FUN begins!

Old 11-07-2008, 02:12 PM

Congrats and welcome, good luck with you're Crossfire.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 483 Likes on 335 Posts

Welcome and enjoy the new ride !!!

Old 11-17-2008, 02:14 PM

Hi Cruzer:

This is my first post as well since I could not find the Introductions thread either. You're not going to beleive this but I showed up in Purcell with my checkbook the day after you bought the silver x-fire. Missed it by THAT MUCH! (to quote the famous S/BTiger-driver). According to the salesman-we both live in the same town. Anyway-this weekend I drove down to Greenville Texas and bought a Black 2005 with 300 miles on it. It was titled to the dealer and due to the age and they could not sell it as new. Seems nice so far. I've always liked these - I have a thing for off-beat "American" 2-seaters. I used to have a Capri (also german) and I leased a Ford EXP when I lived in Mobile AL. I always wanted an Alante' and I still have a perfect 1989 Reatta with 80,000 miles on it (about 4,000 per year)

Old 11-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

A late congrats and welcome to the forum.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 483 Likes on 335 Posts

Welcome Black-x-fire-OKC,
Ya got a great sports car and found a great forum to learn all there is to know about it.
Enjoy the miles ahead !!!

Valk - Gary

Quick Reply: New to the forum