Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Please help

Old 11-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help

Hello, I reallyyyyy want a Crossfire but I'm 6'2 and don't know if there would be enough head room....are there any people out there who are my size and can fit?

Old 11-08-2008, 06:01 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Please help

Step 1: find a dealership or someone selling a crossfire
Step 2: Go to location of crossfire that is for sale
Step 3: open door
Step 4: get in crossfire
Step 5: check to see if there is sufficient headroom

There you go!

actually only people 4'2" and smaller can fit in a crossfire, sorry man!

Old 11-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My son, who is 6'4", fits, but it is tight. I'm 6' and fit with no problem at all. I suspect it will work for you.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:10 AM

6'2" & no problemo.
Just don't wear a hat though.....

Old 11-08-2008, 06:22 AM

I'm 6'3" 270 lbs, no problem in roadster with or without hat on. I hear the coupe is a little tighter.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:46 AM

If my roadster had wheels and tires on it (recent theft) and you were in the Ft. worth Dallas area I'd be happy to let you enjoy her for a day. Test drives don't communicate the feel of a car due to rushing salesman. Maybe rent one if possible or find an enthusiast close to you, offer a great lunch (hooters) and talk about the car. That's exaclty how I wound up with mine.
friend let me drive it to lunch and I was a buyer the next week.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:53 AM

If it's a 6 spd, you need to watch the leg room also. I have to adjust the seat perfectly or my left leg hits the underside of the dash when shifting. Put some perfromance goodies in it and it's a blast to drive.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by erichills91
Hello, I reallyyyyy want a Crossfire but I'm 6'2 and don't know if there would be enough head room....are there any people out there who are my size and can fit?
I'm 6'2" also, and at first I didn't think I'd be able to fit either. But a salesman showed me a "trick" to get the seat in just the right position so I would have enough leg room.
After putting the power seat in its lowest possible position, and putting the seat back in a vertical position, slide the seat back until it reaches the "wall" behind the seat until it can't go any further.
Get in, and move the seat forward as close as you can get to the dash board without hitting your knees, then tilt the seat back. You should have enough space to find a comfortable position.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

6'1" here and no problems. Although the roadster is much easier to get in and out of.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:16 AM

I am 6'0'' with a 6-speed coupé, no problems at all in the car. But getting out is sometimes tricky with the legs, but it's ok for a young guy like me.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 6"0 175 lbs and even have spinal fusion in the lumbar srea of my back, getting in and out yes I have troubles but head clearence no problems, just like +fireamx says just posistion the seat just right and your ready to zoom zoom zoom lol

Old 11-08-2008, 04:55 PM

Ok good....There's just one more thing. Could I fit a set of golf clubs in the trunk? I sat in one tonight and could fit fine, but I'm not sure about the golf clubs in the trunk.
Thanks everyone

Old 11-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Ok good....There's just one more thing. Could I fit a set of golf clubs in the trunk? I sat in one tonight and could fit fine, but I'm not sure about the golf clubs in the trunk.
Thanks everyone
I carry mine in the passenger seat.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:31 AM
Forum Regular

Same here, Passenger seat. They do fit in the back of Wife's Coupe, if you pull your drivers out, but the seat is just easier.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Forum Regular

I love my car, hate the thought of wearing it out (the day will of course come), and "fit".

But I have to be honest, at 6'1"/230 lbs

I think there's a lot of flavors of "six-feet tall". While it's true that human proportions are fairly consistent, some people are longer in the torso than the legs, and others longer legs, compared to the "standard proportion". That puts the waist in different places and consequently when seated, the differences show up.

I'm a little taller from the waist up than some people my height so that probably accounts for my squeeze (long torso and arms, wider shoulders).

I drive the Limited, 6 speed, (leather seats are said to be thicker?) sometimes it's a little uncomfortable after a couple hours. If I stop and take a quick walk, it's a relief.

It's a press fit. If I put it in cruise, there's no place to put my foot (size 12/13) except to bend my knee a little and bring my foot back toward the seat.

My left arm fits the arm rest on the door but my right arm takes up the whole console, leaving the passenger with just the seat and door armrest.

I have maybe 1/2" of head room and have the steering wheel telescoped all the way in.

Having said all that, I love a car to fit like a glove and the Crossfire certainly does that - I could just use another inch or so to be really happy.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:41 PM

OK.......Now there's only 2 more things I need to know. #1-How does it drive in the snow? #2-Is insurance outrageous, or above average on the coupe 3.2?
Thanks to everyone for the help. It's greatly appreciated.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Forum Regular

OK.......Now there's only 2 more things I need to know. #1-How does it drive in the snow? #2-Is insurance outrageous, or above average on the coupe 3.2?
Thanks to everyone for the help. It's greatly appreciated.
Snow - it sucks (my other vehicles are both Jeep 4x4's)

Insurance - it sucks (it costs more than my brand new, 3-times more expensive Jeep Commander)

So it stays home in the snow and I just swallow hard when I get the insurance bill.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Forum Regular

Just for the record, 6"0' here, and its a plenty fine fit, only thing is at the track, with a helmet on if you have alot of lat forces it does get abit tight if your taking a sharp right turn.