Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Does every one have a problem with there xfire?

Old 12-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does every one have a problem with there xfire?

i dont have hardly any with mine,but all i see is people having problems with there car and i sure dont want to go through this with mine.....

Old 12-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Does every one have a problem with there xfire?

Originally Posted by jarrod08
i dont have hardly any with mine,but all i see is people having problems with there car and i sure dont want to go through this with mine.....
Most people who don't have problems won't post. They will lurk.

Those with problems will post.

People visit this forum (often lurking without posting) because they love their cars, and have an interest in knowing more about them. Since this is the official "Crossfire support group", the same people are often more vocal when there's a problem.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:45 PM

well thats true but it just seems more than other cars, but it really doesnt matter to me cause i am a car guy and if nothing broke then i would be bored and not learned a thing...

Old 12-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Forum Regular

Also see what other people have done to there cars.
Meetings, like tail of the dragon.
to learn more about the car & what to look for
when it goes wrong.
Oh and what he said..

Old 12-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Forum Regular

For decades, Ivory Soap sold on the slogan "99-44/100th % pure" ... if we were to apply that standard to automobiles, there is no surprise whatever that one encounters a few problems ... in fact, the greater surprise is that one does not encounter MORE ...

There is some debate over the number of individual parts contained in an average car with some estimates as low as 10,000 and some as many as double that ... for the purposes of this discussion, let's split the difference and say 15,0000 ...

If your car is as pure as Ivory Soap, 14,916 of those parts are not a problem .... leaving 84 that are ... even one-tenth of that leaves you with 8 or 9 problems to deal with ...

I don't care what car you drive ... you ARE going to have some problems to deal with ...

Old 12-02-2008, 07:14 PM
CRM

Other than the rattle in the tailgate, I have had ZERO problems. One of the most enjoyable and trouble free cars that I have ever owned.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Received 512 Likes on 353 Posts

It's a car! It will have issues. Some more severe and costly, some just annoying.

Perhaps we hear more on the Forum because, well, that's what the Forum is for. Discusions about the car we have in common. I would hope all the issues are brought forward for discussion and solutions and I would therefore think we would hear more details than I do about my wife's minivan.

I have yet to hear about steering feedback or TPS or "Won't start" mysteries with the Dodge Grande Caravan. It has had at least four safety recalls.

So far, the Crossfire I'm driving hasn't.

The biggest problem I have with mine is a recurrent desire to drive it. Hard.

Or like now, it's just sitting in the garage when it could be taking me for a ride.

damm thing is a PITA.

roadster with a stick

Old 12-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveS
For decades, Ivory Soap sold on the slogan "99-44/100th % pure" ... if we were to apply that standard to automobiles, there is no surprise whatever that one encounters a few problems ... in fact, the greater surprise is that one does not encounter MORE ...

There is some debate over the number of individual parts contained in an average car with some estimates as low as 10,000 and some as many as double that ... for the purposes of this discussion, let's split the difference and say 15,0000 ...

If your car is as pure as Ivory Soap, 14,916 of those parts are not a problem .... leaving 84 that are ... even one-tenth of that leaves you with 8 or 9 problems to deal with ...

I don't care what car you drive ... you ARE going to have some problems to deal with ...
That's quite possibly the most badass explanation I've ever seen.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:03 PM

Forums will be forums, no matter what the product is the greatest use of a forum is to seek advice or info. I've had numerous issues with my Crossfire, but I came into it knowing there's always an x-factor variable that will be a monkey wrench...

this forum is invaluable!

Old 12-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's see...I've had my car since April and now have 9600 miles on her. I had to take it in to get the A/C fan fixed which always stayed on and recently the electrical transmission plug was replaced due to leakage. It's still under warranty until July and I think I'll get it extended to avoid costly future repairs. The car is way too much fun and I don't mind the little things happening to her so far.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:07 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow, a thread bitching about bitching...now I have seen it all....sorry Franc...just bitchin'....

Old 12-03-2008, 04:22 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JHM2K
That's quite possibly the most badass explanation I've ever seen.
Thank you, sir ...

Old 12-03-2008, 04:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, come on, it's mechanical, $HIT HAPPENS !
That's one of the reasons we're all here. This forum is the most valuable tool one can access when dealing with our lil Halfbreed Wonders !
Pardon me: PC= Hybrid Wonders !

Old 12-03-2008, 04:41 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

After being on the PT Enthusiasts Forum for 7 years you would think the Cruiser was one of the worst cars ever built. Not so, as far as the 4 we've owned. The only trouble I've had was a set of bad wires and a leaking valve cover on the oldest one. Traded my GT fot the XFire

Old 12-03-2008, 06:47 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

I was on that forum (PTE) too for a long time, great forum and nice people. I think the forums tend to highlight the problems people have with the car because everyone is looking for an answer to their problem. Like someone else said here if yours is problem free you have less to say, you may lurk a bit more. I know I never would have found my first PT, rmember how hard they were to get at first? if it wasn't for PTE. That said I've owned a lot of cars in my 58 years including a PT and GT Cruiser and now my Crossfire and they are some of the finest cars I've ever owned. The PT and GT I never had 1 problem with either of them which made me wonder why I was getting rid of them.
The Crossfire has had a few small issues like my seat warmer, the hatch lock and the fan recall. I haven't had the seat warmer fixed yet. These are relatively small issues compared to the fun it is to own this car. If a problem gets to be an issue, and by that I mean something they can't fix (My 78 Corvette, bought new, was in the shop a week of every month I owned it) or figure out then I might rethink things but so far KOW its been a fine car.
Pat

Old 12-03-2008, 06:47 AM
AlG
Forum Regular

You want to read about problems...go to the ls1gto forum. I was thinking of getting one as they had great deals and 0% interest when I was looking but the car is a mechanical nightmare. Thrilled with my roadster.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ANY car forum will show what looks to be a high percentage of owners of the vehicle in question having issues with their cars. As has been stated here already, those with problems will post, those without will lurk.

Even within a given forum the members will start to believe that a problem is huge when in fact it isn't. #4 thrust bearings in 1999 & 2000 Mazda Miatas are a huge topic of conversation on miata.net yet the percentage of failure is really, really small. PT Cruiser forums will tell you that it's a matter of when, not if, your automatic trans will fail in a turbo PT, yet the extreme majority of owners never have trans problems. I visit a ton of forums because of my job (almost always in lurker form) and there is always something that appears to be a common issue.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:29 AM

Hey, I moved up from a 2000 PT to a 2005 SRT6! Loved my PT, but love the power of the Crossfire even more! Only problem I ever had with the PT was overheating on hot days after hitting 100K miles.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:47 PM

2004 here with 26,000 miles. Zero problems. Absolutely love it!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:35 AM
Forum Regular

And then you have people like me that cause the problems with their xfires.

Quick Reply: Does every one have a problem with there xfire?