Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Cold Air Intake

Old 12-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Air Intake

I am interested in a cold air intake for future purchase. I am interested in purchasing the extended warranty, but if Chrysler declares bankruptcy then no dice and the warranties are not honored so that may be a dead issue. If they do move to keep warranties valid, is their an intake that would not void the factory warranty? Also could I get into the factory air box and use the ole dremel and open it so it will breathe better.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Re: Cold Air Intake

LOTS of information here can be found by using the SEARCH function located at the top of the page. I did a search for ya on "cold air intake" and came up with many threads on this topic.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...earchid=626916

Seems that the Needswings intake is the most popular. Look at some of the results from the link above for some insight into intakes.

Keep your orginal intake and re-install it whenever ypu need to take your car to the dealer.

Oh yeah, WELCOME to the forum!!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PLease pass the Guiness to my friend Tighed1, as that was BRILLANT! I never even thought about that. I could due to CAI with the Mercedes air box that Anthony of TVT has advertised when I take it in for factory maintence and they would never know. Do you think that if I would due to TVT 250/265 and modify the computer that techs would know or just think it was peppy? I want to modify but I also want to be able to keep the warranty if at all possible.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason_HBC
PLease pass the Guiness to my friend Tighed1, as that was BRILLANT! I never even thought about that. I could due to CAI with the Mercedes air box that Anthony of TVT has advertised when I take it in for factory maintence and they would never know. Do you think that if I would due to TVT 250/265 and modify the computer that techs would know or just think it was peppy? I want to modify but I also want to be able to keep the warranty if at all possible.
No, they won't know. You do have to be careful that they don't reset your tune. I have read where others had some dealer work done and the dealer reset the codes for an update.