Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Happy new owner

Old 06-16-2003, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy new owner

Drove down to San Diego yesterday and drove my Saphire Blue 6 speed home. Pretty much caused a rolling road block all the way back. People would pull up beside me, slow down & crane their necks to look & then move on, then the next car would do the same. A guy followed me off the freeway to a gas station so he & his son could look at the car up close. If you want to hide - DON'T drive one of these :lol:. Chrysler has built a winner I think. Can't wait for the aftermarket guys to start pumping out the mods ( it could use about 50 more ponies :twisted: ). Well, there's a twisty mountain road nearby that's calling me - see ya in a few hours

Old 06-16-2003, 10:17 AM
imported_mightyjlr
Default Re: Happy new owner

Originally Posted by chuckhaze
Drove down to San Diego yesterday and drove my Saphire Blue 6 speed home. Pretty much caused a rolling road block all the way back. People would pull up beside me, slow down & crane their necks to look & then move on, then the next car would do the same. A guy followed me off the freeway to a gas station so he & his son could look at the car up close. If you want to hide - DON'T drive one of these :lol:. Chrysler has built a winner I think. Can't wait for the aftermarket guys to start pumping out the mods ( it could use about 50 more ponies :twisted: ). Well, there's a twisty mountain road nearby that's calling me - see ya in a few hours
So there IS a blue Crossfire. For some reason it wasn't in my dealer's computers, but I was sure I saw a picture of one somewhere. What I don't understand is how the west coast got the Crossfire before the east coast... What are they doing, shipping them to California, only to put them on a car carrier to NJ? My dealer still says the end of June. Enjoy the ride.

Old 06-24-2003, 02:11 PM

you mind letting us know how much you paid for it?

Old 06-25-2003, 03:12 PM

Paid 38,102(USD-not Pesos) before tax, licence & all the other fees that the 'Peoples Democratic Republic of California' can add on. Came to 42,850 :shock: out the door. But it's only money and this is how I feel when I drive it

Old 07-01-2003, 01:23 PM

I am pissed off that you guys in the states have a BLUE option .... in the UK we are only offered, SILVER, BLACK, DARK GREY and RED !!!

Also, count your blessings ... we are being asked to cough up ’28,500 (c $45,000)

Old 07-01-2003, 01:54 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by devere
I am pissed off that you guys in the states have a BLUE option .... in the UK we are only offered, SILVER, BLACK, DARK GREY and RED !!!

Also, count your blessings ... we are being asked to cough up ’28,500 (c $45,000)
The "blue" is very misleading. It is actually the silver. It is called Sapphire Silver Blue, and is actually a silver with a little undertone of blue. It is the same color you will be getting in England. All the pictures of the Crossfire you have seen in silver are actually of Sapphire Silver Blue. You can see some good pictures of it here:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum....php?user_id=7

The funny thing is if you go to the Chrysler website and try and build a vehicle. The Silver Sapphire Blue they show is actually VERY blue in the picture, but this isn't the true color of the car. :?

Old 07-01-2003, 02:32 PM

MIGHTYJLR ... when you say you are getting dark slate grey/cedar seating what colour is the cedar ... do I take it that its the red in the pictures ???

Cheers ... deVere

Old 07-01-2003, 02:36 PM
imported_mightyjlr

MIGHTYJLR ... when you say you are getting dark slate grey/cedar seating what colour is the cedar ... do I take it that its the red in the pictures ???

Cheers ... deVere
Yes, it is the red. Not what I would have named the color, but oh well. The red isn't exactly red either, there are a lot of deceiving pictures out there of the Crossfire. Here is a good picture of the "cedar".

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum....php?pic_id=39

Old 07-01-2003, 02:40 PM

sorry mate .... don't mean to offend !!! ... do you have any links for the different colour options, not just slate/cedar ???

Old 07-01-2003, 02:42 PM
imported_mightyjlr

sorry mate .... don't mean to offend !!! ... do you have any links for the different colour options, not just slate/cedar ???
Don't worry, not offended. Here you go:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...php?user_id=16

Old 07-01-2003, 02:48 PM

cheers for that ... oh I do like the two tone slate (dark/light colour) .... was exactly like that of my old SLK230 ... looks like it will be a call to my dealer tomorrow to change my spec .

thanks for all your help mate today on this topic ... really pleased I have ordered one to complement my Porsche Boxster S on my drive ...

can't believe the Crossfire is so like the SLK inside ... will be like stepping back in time !