Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

"'Dreamed in America. Crafted in..." - good idea?

Old 06-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "'Dreamed in America. Crafted in..." - good idea?

I was just wondering what you all think of the advertising for the Crossfire that Chrysler is currently going with.

Do you think it is good or bad for Chrysler as a brand to push too hard that the Crossfire has German roots?

The floor is open...what do _you_ think?

Old 06-25-2003, 12:14 PM
imported_mightyjlr

I think it is a VERY good idea. If the Crossfire didn't share so much with the SLK, I probably would not be buying it. I have a Chrysler Sebring now. Horrible quality, I don't even know why I got it, and I'm glad I didn't buy it, but leased it. If the Crossfire was 100% American, I would be buying a Nissan 350z or and Infiniti G35.

Old 06-26-2003, 10:41 AM

I personally think the strategy is right. But the writing is poor. It makes it sound like American's can only dream of building a solid performance car. Which, I guess is the case in this regard.

I like the Crossfire. My BMW may get traded in soon.

Old 06-29-2003, 03:37 AM

i think its good, but lets not be mistaken here.

its not thats americans cant build great cars, its that american factories and their practices dont care about the design process that it takes to build such a solid ride.
the germans have perfected this cause they have for years did R&D so much that they know how to get a tight machine off a line.
to prove my point look at the S.C. plant of bmw where the make the z4 and x5, these are american made and they still drive tight as a german made machine!
while the american companies dont care as much for this, most of witch just think they will sell there cars thru nagging salesmen and 0% and big rebates.
while the germans know thier cars will sell themselves without any of the deals.

even with the crossfire the salesmen was very laid back and knew this car will sell itself.
he didnt have to sit me down and ask "what can i do to sell you this car?"

lol
I hope this starts a trend for the american companies!!!