Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Great forum! new srt member with ?'s

Old 07-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great forum! new srt member with ?'s

Hey guys. Just bought an srt in silver blue. Love it! But even though i love it i cant leave it alone. Looking to do the cai, exhaust, pulley, tune combo. Plan on the exhaust is to add a y pipe plus straight pipe to stock muffler and delete the resonator, and maybe add a x pipe in the middle. I found a couple of pulleys available online including a poland brand and eurocharge brand along with the expensive needswing pulley. The cai is needswing for it is the only company i have found who offers a cai.

Now some questions....does my exhaust modification sound like a good idea or would it benefit me to change out the muffler to a borla or magnaflow?

also what pulley is the most recommended if any over the others and is there anything special i should know about changing them out? I was leaning toward the eurocharge brand but wondering what makes the needswing so much more expensive?

last, is the eurocharge tune the way to go after everything is installed or would a good local tuner in the area be a wiser choice?

Thanks for all the help guys. I just want to do it right the first time.

Last edited by bradleykologek; 07-05-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Great forum! new srt member with ?'s

Since I have a NA I cant help much with most of the questions BUT I think you will find the Eurocharge is the way to go. Welcome anyway

Old 07-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eurocharged is the way to go for ur tune. It is essentially the "go to company". I recommend thwir 65mm Supercharger pulley and tune. Needswings is a great company as well. Rob, the owner, is a great guy and will help u,evwry step of the way with ur modding journey. I believe the general consesus u get from the forum for mods will be:
Needswings DCAI
Needswings Catch Can
NGK BKREIX-11 Spark Plugs
Eurocharged 65mm Pulley
Eurocharged ECU Tune
Eurocharged TCU Tune

Theres other little things that help achieve the horsepower u already will obtain such as tweaked y-pipe, and tweaked SC snout.

As far as exhaust, deone is a B**** when it comes to our cars so moat guys do thwir power mods towards the front end of the exhaust, i.e. secondary cat delete and x-pipe in place of factory h-pipe.

Happy modding.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:44 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

And don't overlook the belt wrap kits, the coolant separator kits and the pulley shield.
The pulley shield is no help as to horsepower, but it sure is nice to have if a pulley explodes and you have to find a new hood ( like RED DOG )

Last edited by ala_xfire; 07-06-2015 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:05 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Hello and welcome to the forum. This is the place to come for "how to" advice before you do anything to your Crossfire. Please take a moment to do this (link below) so we can know more about you and your SRT6 without having to ask questions . . . Like where in Michigan are you located?

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post812689

Old 07-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bradleykologek
Hey guys. Just bought an srt in silver blue. Love it! But even though i love it i cant leave it alone. Looking to do the cai, exhaust, pulley, tune combo. Plan on the exhaust is to add a y pipe plus straight pipe to stock muffler and delete the resonator, and maybe add a x pipe in the middle. I found a couple of pulleys available online including a poland brand and eurocharge brand along with the expensive needswing pulley. The cai is needswing for it is the only company i have found who offers a cai.

Now some questions....does my exhaust modification sound like a good idea or would it benefit me to change out the muffler to a borla or magnaflow?

also what pulley is the most recommended if any over the others and is there anything special i should know about changing them out? I was leaning toward the eurocharge brand but wondering what makes the needswing so much more expensive?

last, is the eurocharge tune the way to go after everything is installed or would a good local tuner in the area be a wiser choice?

Thanks for all the help guys. I just want to do it right the first time.
Don't overlook the tune from Inmotion, (recommended by Rob at Needswings). Also read everything you can on the forum about modding, and most importantly think. Blindly following everyone isn't necessarily the best way to go. Do things one at a time, give the CPU time to "learn" before doing the next. This is a process, take your time.