Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

UK rip off continues.....thank you chrysler

Old 07-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK rip off continues.....thank you chrysler

UK list price for the auto Xfire = 28,500 or $45,385

Given that the crossfire is built in Germany and shipped to the US how on earth do chrysler justify this, the great british rip off continues....anyone know european prices yet?

Old 07-15-2003, 05:45 PM
Forum Regular

Is that with or without VAT? I remember UK hits you with quite a wallop with the VAT.

Old 07-16-2003, 08:26 AM
Forum Regular

Includes VAT at 17.5% plus road fund license
But still we were expecting it to be about 26K UK pounds, at this price it isn't quite so good compared to the TT and Nissan

Old 07-20-2003, 10:57 AM
Forum Regular

Terrible value for money now I'm getting worried.

I think it's only the styling whats keeping my order.

Old 07-25-2003, 05:30 AM

I ordered my crossfire in april and was told by the dealer that the price was likely to be around 24k just a tad short of the now 28500 there asking, your right we always seem to get slapped in this country I just hope the cars as good as they say it is. On the plus side I think the car will initially go up slightly in value just look at the z4, audi tt, mini etc

Old 07-25-2003, 12:58 PM
Forum Regular

Hopefully some of the problems with the left handers such as the radio will be sorted in some way when they switch to right handers.

Old 07-26-2003, 10:25 AM
Forum Regular
Default not too hopefull

doubt they will, mind you have my blaupunkt ready to go if needed, still waiting for the full UK spec, want to see if Xenons become an option of the girly parking system? plus will they introduce the luggae cover?

maybe we are getting all 3 in the price that may explain 28.5k!!!!!!

LP

Old 07-26-2003, 11:22 PM
Forum Regular

OK, I thought I got my British terms down pat but what's the "girly parking system"?

Luggage cover? You mean like a tonneau cover? Is that what those little latches in the boot are for?

The rear glass is actually pretty heavily tinted and it is quite hard to see into the boot.

Old 07-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Forum Regular
Default sorry :(

ok will put it in the queens english....lol
A reversing sensor or parking aid, given the poor visibility of the crossfire this would seem a good idea.

and yes some sort of luggage cover to stop your bags being cooked by the sun and spotted by car thieves.

My point on value has been re enforced today, Audi TT 3.2 V6 with paddle shift (beautiful top of the range motor) 29,100 , crossfire 28,500 the gap is just too small the cabins are worlds apart the TT is amazing quality compared to the xfire sprayed plastic sliver!

what is the difference in dollars between the TT 3.2V6 and the crossfire?

LP

Old 08-02-2003, 11:48 PM

The TT 3.2 Quattro is $39,990 plus options (nominally $3K more) versus $35K for the crossfire with a six speed - enough of a difference to make it worth considering the crossfire

Old 08-03-2003, 07:13 AM

Hello,
german price is 37200 Euro + 420 for metallic an
480 Euro for transport.
Get SSB 6 speed in early november.

Old 09-12-2003, 05:01 PM

Hello

New member to the club!!!

I have ordered a silver and had the addition of totally blacked out windows to the rear and sides. My freind has also ordered his car and was in Florida last week and saw the crossfire on a forcourt. The car he saw came with a complete set of Crossfire Luggage made to measure for the boot area. The price is a pain but what the heck were british, We que, we wait in a line, and we get shafted from behind by every car manafacturer. Inport is a consideration but with i understand onlt 3,000 car in 2004 for the whole of eurpoe, it may prove a problem, I have not been given a delivery date as yet even though i have paid the deposit etc. Has anyone been given a confirmed date as yet.

I must say i am sadly dispointed in Chrysler after such a good marketing job, has turned into me finding out the price through Auto Express. I got the model car at the launch, a tin by post, the least they could have done was email me.

I awaite any feedback by forum or email at
harrywells1@btopenworld.com

Maybe a Crossfire Owners club could begin in the UK, I think that would be great fun, Unless they turn out to be a pile of D*********

Thanks

Harry Wells

Old 09-12-2003, 06:09 PM
Forum Regular

Hi Harry

You're in the same boat as me mate. My local dealer knows sod all. When I ordered it last year I know more then they did. I believe late October is the time to be ready if you are on top of the dealers list. Where are buying from?

It's not going to be a easy ride for us here in the UK when the car goes wrong which it will do believe me.

Autocar list the car down as group 15 insurance which seems OK but I don't trust this figure. Also if you read Auto Express for some reason the AIM TO PAY price for the Crossire is 1000 below dealers price!!

Have YOU or any other UK buyers got an insurance quote yet, if so who with?

Old 09-12-2003, 06:53 PM

My dealer has just changed ownership and had to find my paperwork.Came back to me with delivery 2nd week in Nov,we'll see.
When you have ordered a car a year in advance this sort of service to potential customers is ****.
If we all cancelled our orders do you think this car would EVER sell in the UK,we should now start pushing the dealers into finding more information rice,spec,ins group,delivery dates.
If an SLK320 is insurance group 18 how do they get 15 for an x-fire?
I had a clio172 for a year (teenage kicks) it was almost as quick and much cheaper at 11.5K (import)and that was ins group 17.

Is it the dealers at fault or Daimler-Chrysler,their website for the x-fire hasn't been updated for months so how are we to find out anything.

Keep up the good work on the site,it not only keeps present owners informed but patiently waiting ones too.

This should be the car to break the mould for Chrysler in the UK but any bad press will kill it,they should be doing more to impress us ones that have not bought from them before but instead are only adding to the reasons why not to!

Old 09-13-2003, 04:26 AM
Default Insurance

Originally Posted by MARK_UK
Hi Harry

You're in the same boat as me mate. My local dealer knows sod all. When I ordered it last year I know more then they did. I believe late October is the time to be ready if you are on top of the dealers list. Where are buying from?

It's not going to be a easy ride for us here in the UK when the car goes wrong which it will do believe me.

Autocar list the car down as group 15 insurance which seems OK but I don't trust this figure. Also if you read Auto Express for some reason the AIM TO PAY price for the Crossire is 1000 below dealers price!!

Have YOU or any other UK buyers got an insurance quote yet, if so who with?
:roll: :roll:

Hi Mark

I am fortunatly under a fleet insurance as we have 100+ cars in the fleet so we get a good fixed rate for all the cars, 750.00 F/Comp

I have used Norwich Union on the web for every other type of insurance that i need e.g Wifes Car Insurance. They have been very good and the price is pleasing. I will have a look as soon as they state the car on there listing's and post the price i have found.
:roll:

Old 09-14-2003, 04:48 PM
Forum Regular
Default delivery

early nov i'm quoted from delaer in essex, i can get jan 04 from a london dealer if anyone wants the details, insurance group is provisional 17 according to eagle star

Old 09-15-2003, 01:40 AM

Good News Forwarded to me

I have been assured by my supplier that the car will be available for test drives by 17th October in the UK. and cars will be issued on orders by no later than the second week in November. My dealer is going to have a word with Chrysler and find out what has been going on as the marketing should be continueing right up to delivery.. He knows someone at Chrylser..

Old 09-15-2003, 08:22 AM

Well Harry I think you"l be lucky, all the dealers Ive spoke with are telling me that yes a crossfire will be in the showroom from October 16th but nobody is allowed to drive them that car is just a showroom demo. Ive had one on order since January and Ive pleaded with them to let me have a go but theres no chance, just dont see the logic in having a car there that nobody can try. Im the first one to order one at my dealer and mines only coming in November dunno when cause they cant give me a date its almost like chrysler dont want anyone to try out the car until youve bought it

Old 09-15-2003, 09:16 AM

If you want i will inform you when a test drive is organised
It may be the fact that we spend spprox 390k a year through
dealers on cars..... Im sure as H*ll That no money will transfere until i have driven it.

Originally Posted by xfirefan
Well Harry I think you"l be lucky, all the dealers Ive spoke with are telling me that yes a crossfire will be in the showroom from October 16th but nobody is allowed to drive them that car is just a showroom demo. Ive had one on order since January and Ive pleaded with them to let me have a go but theres no chance, just dont see the logic in having a car there that nobody can try. Im the first one to order one at my dealer and mines only coming in November dunno when cause they cant give me a date its almost like chrysler dont want anyone to try out the car until youve bought it
:roll:

Old 09-16-2003, 05:43 AM

Good on ya Harry give em hell. Yeah that would be great if you could tell me what its like cause everything Ive read about it just contradicts itself one minute the motoring press say they like it next they dont. I dont think they really like anything unless it can do 200 mph, o-60 in 3sec with the comfort of a luxury yacht

Quick Reply: UK rip off continues.....thank you chrysler