Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Well, It's Begun...

Old 09-19-2003, 07:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont mean to offend anyone who paid list or over but I picked up a white auto xfire 2 days ago for nearly 3k below sticker at my local chrsyler dealer. - bklyn Ny. Love the car - think I got a great deal. He said it was sitting in his showroom for about a month, right next to a red viper ( also couldn't sell) - asked me if I was also interested in the viper ( pretty funny). He said he had 3 xfires' . 2 sold quick and he had 3 more coming next week. I guess he just wanted to move the car. My good fortune. the car kicks butt. I'm 5 10 165 and feel like I'm molded to the seat when I drive it. Other dealers around me are still trying to get over sticker. i'd say about 50/50. depends where you go and what they have - time of month, etc..etc.. but discounts are out there...just need to look and not care about color as much - they're all good colors so I would have been happy with anything. White is nice - light grey two tone interior.

Old 09-19-2003, 08:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a great deal considering the dealer gets it for $2000 to $2500 under msrp! Hard to believe! I don't know too many dealers that sell cars for a loss.

Old 09-19-2003, 09:07 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Yea, the invoice of the Crossfire is 31,000 and MSRP is like 33,000. You got the deal of the century, you actually got a car dealership to pay you to take a car!

Old 09-20-2003, 04:38 AM
imported_mightyjlr

Also.. what was on the sticker of the car might not have been MSRP. Some dealerships use an adjusted price for demand that is higher than MSRP. How much did you actually pay? If it was around 33-35k it wasn't 3k under sticker. If it was around there you paid MSRP which is not bad at all.

Old 09-20-2003, 09:03 AM
Default what I paid

I paid $32,275 out the door. Since I live in NJ I will register and pay tax on the car there. I know I got a great deal - one of the reasons why I purchased it.

Old 09-20-2003, 01:21 PM
imported_mightyjlr

I am assuming you got an automatic transmission Crossfire? That is a great deal... you got lucky. Probably one of the reasons you were able to get such a good deal is that Chrysler is only shipping new Crossfires to dealers that move out existing stock... he probably needed to get that car off the lot to get some more in. Congratulations on your Crossfire!

Old 09-20-2003, 05:41 PM

Hey thanks! And yes, its an auto ( which is fine with me).

S

Old 09-21-2003, 11:25 AM

My dealer now has 3 in stock. Red, Silver and Black. They've had the red one for 3 weeks, the silver for 2 and the black since yesterday. I bought my red one almost 2 months for MSRP.

Old 09-21-2003, 11:55 AM
Forum Regular

What am I missing?? So dealers have cars on their lots--most dealers do. Go to any Nissan dealer you're going to see Z's (and at invoice no problem), Infiniti dealers have G's on their lots (and let over '03's), Lexus has any car you want on their lot...so what's the big deal that Chrysler dealers have Crossfires on their lot?? If they are fire selling them, so what--their loss. It would be no different at any other car dealer that wants to get rid of a particular car on their lot. I see MB, Lexus and host of other cars at used lots including KIA--so what? I see Hummers on used second tier lots all the time.

Cracks me up when people start panicing because they see them building up on dealers lots (have you ever thought maybe they are just receiving more vehicles) or that they are on used lots.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:33 AM
Default Misjudged the market ?

Purchased mine last week for under 31K...Dozens sitting in Tampa Bay area..Public does not have a clue...Why is DC not promoting ???
Salesman kept saying, you know more about this car than I do.

Old 02-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Misjudged the market ?

Originally Posted by sealevel
Purchased mine last week for under 31K...Dozens sitting in Tampa Bay area..Public does not have a clue...Why is DC not promoting ???
Salesman kept saying, you know more about this car than I do.
Welcome to the club and congratulations!!! What color? Stick or auto? :wink: :wink: :wink:

BTW: It's been my experience over the past 10 years or so, most salesmen today don't know squat about the product they are selling (and just not cars either).

Old 02-12-2004, 06:33 PM

Yes welcome to the forum, I like your handle we are about ten feet or less above it around here. I bought my Crossfire at Ferman in New Port Richey but I think they have a dealership in Tampa also.

Old 02-13-2004, 07:44 AM
Default Dealer agnst ?

Mine ? Graphite,,6sp, cedar/slate/ PS2's #18580,,,Still not convinced if I am reading the serial# correctly,,,as most #'s I have seen are different..Can Karman produce this many cars ???

Old 02-13-2004, 05:37 PM

I picked mine up at a Sacramento dealership for $31.5k in October. The automatic was $1k more. I heard that the exec in charge of advertising for the crossfire was relieved of his duties due in most part to the poor job he did with the crossfire. When this same dealership first got the car they were charging $10k markup over the $34.6k MSRP. If it wasn't for a well timed DC dealer call, I would be driving a G35 right now! They have about 10 crossfires on the lot today.

Old 02-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought mine last month at the same price $ 32,950.00. I believe that as long as there's not a lot of Crossfires running on the street, they loss a marketing niche cause if people are asking what kind of car I'm driving, then, they havent heard much about it or seen one in their life. Once theyve seen one I bet they would want one!

Old 02-14-2004, 09:29 AM
kusheen
Default for what it's worth...

For what it's worth, in case anyone is in the market and in reasonable driving distance to Baltimore...In today's Baltimore Sun, two dealers are advertising new 6 speeds for $29.9. Another is advertising a brand new 6 speed for $28.9.

One is advertising a $299/month lease, with $2200 plus taxes/tags due at signing. He says he has 7 available with this deal. Another is advertising a $287/month lease, but the terms were a little confusing...looked like about $8K was due at signing!!!

Old 02-14-2004, 01:04 PM

Almost makes you want to stop driving it and put it in the garage. Limited production year like this and unique styling, etc gives the crossfire many of the elements to become a collectors car in about 20 years!

Old 02-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Default foolios...

I have been to 3 dealers in the last week that had marked up from MSRP at least 2k.
But when you tell them you're not paying over invoice, their tune changes.
Any dealer that won't give you a car for invoice or within about $300 over it, find another dealer. There are tons of dealers who will do it.
The big mystery in new cars is how much the dealer pays for the car from the manufacturer.
IT IS NOT INVOICE!!!
Usually it is less, depending on the size of the dealership.

Anybody looking for a Xfire, tell them you'll only pay invoice, even if there is dealer markup.

Old 02-16-2004, 07:35 PM

I paid 30,400 for a new automatic crossfire last friday. The dealer had a bunch of them here in south east Pennsylvania. I hope the thing holds up to everyday driving, So far the wife loves it. I kinda like it too but would rather drive my truck, more room. :wink:

How long does it take to get the luggage delivered??

Old 02-16-2004, 07:47 PM

flathead, you got a great deal! when i purchased my alabaster autostick back in october in southeast delaware county, PA, bottom line was 35.7K (not including extended warranty)...and i'm well-liked by my dealership...

when the alabaster one arrived, it had my name written all over it...and they knew it. took my sebring lxi in for a routine oil change and spend the time in my new crossfire. left that afternoon with it and have been having a ball ever since!

safe travels, bonster

ps luggage arrived in 2 weeks! enjoy - its great! :lol:

Quick Reply: Well, It's Begun...