Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire on cover of R&T

Old 09-10-2003, 01:31 PM
imported_mightyjlr

No, I haven't seen the pictures of the Jaguar Concept... we have a 2004 Vanden Plas, probably the best Jaguar in 40 years... Do you have a link to a picture of the concept?

Old 09-10-2003, 02:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 09-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you who are concerned about parts availability, there is a consumer protection law here in the US that requires manufacturers to stock parts for any cancelled product for a minimum of 5 years after termination of a product. I'm not sure about pricing restrictions but there is something about that as well I'm sure.

I have a 5-year, 75k bumper-to-bumper on my Crossfire and DCX's standard 7, 75k powertrain, so I'm not concerned about parts.

After that, if the car is still worth collecting as a collector's item, parts can be custom made or ordered from collector car stores just as easily as I can get parts for a '57 gull-wing Mercedes or a '55 Chrysler C-300.

If it is not worth collecting, then it doesn't matter.

Old 09-12-2003, 06:03 PM

Here's a link which shows you one mixed up car!
I can see more than one manufacturer in here.
http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=117&i=7297

Old 09-13-2003, 09:04 PM

The car isn't going anywhere. It is way too early to declare anything. As I have said my dealer has no problem with selling the car. And to this day we are still aquiring them from other dealers. AS I think I said in another thread, just like the Pacifica, people just don't know that the cars are out there. They put them on the lots with out a real Ad campaign. Most of our customers are drive bys, or people who have seen ones we have sold. It is just the approach some dealers are taking. No test drives etc. That is just plain stupid. And yes sorry to say we do charge that little nasty word over sticker for them. But no one bats an eye. They love the car too much. Now obviously not everyone agrees with it, but most love the car. I've actually sold a couple too possible 350Z buyers. They like the styling of the Crossfire, and the ride and handling better. Summer is the slow season. Way to early to put the white flag up on it.

Old 09-13-2003, 09:15 PM
kusheen
Default glad they're selling where you are...

Why are other dealers letting your dealership have their allocation?

Old 09-13-2003, 10:24 PM

Now that distribution of the Crossfire has been under way in the Northwest for the past month or so, I might as well break the ice and inquire if we have any participants in this forum yet who are owners in Oregon or Southern Washington. If so, give-me an E-buzz so we can compare notes and maybe get together some day. Harleygeorge.

Old 09-14-2003, 12:33 PM
Default Re: glad they're selling where you are...

Originally Posted by kusheen
Why are other dealers letting your dealership have their allocation?
I don't have an exact answer why. I think it just due to their location. We aquire them from less populated areas. Of course dealers that are close won't give them up to us, yet they still sit on them too. And that is why I keep saying it is how the dealer is treating the customer, not what the asking price is. There are 2 dealers near me that won't get the keys till you fill out a credit app. I wonder why they are still sitting on them (insert sarcastic look). Right now we have 2 Blaze Red on the way, and another Black. Yet the Saphire Blue seems to be sitting right. But as you know in this business you can't really predict. We have 4 SB's. One with the cedar interior. It gets a lot of looks, but people seem to shy away from the red.