Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Thats why my low air pressure sensor went on...

Old 11-02-2003, 10:13 PM
imported_mightyjlr
Default Thats why my low air pressure sensor went on...

When my low air pressure sensor first went on, I checked all four tires, and my rear drivers side tire was down to about 15 psi. Obviously that isn't good. I checked the tire and didn't see anything wrong with it. Today I was walking inside after parking my car, and I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. There is a nail in my tire. I'll take a picture in a little bit, but boy does this suck. I guess I can get it patched though right? I'll call my dealer tomorrow and talk to him about it. Damn. Hate to have to spend $350 on a new tire already. It's in there pretty good though, and after I filled the tire up a second time over a week ago, the pressure has stayed ok. Don't know how long that will last, and don't like risking it in a car that only has a tire fix kit as it's spare.

Old 11-02-2003, 10:31 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Here is a pic:

Old 11-03-2003, 05:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like someone put that nail there!!!!! :evil:

Old 11-03-2003, 05:44 AM

I had the same thing happen to my Crossfire. Only 800 miles and had a patch done. The biggest problem was trying to find someone who can change the tire. The dealers can't, so you're stuck with finding a merchant that can guarantee they won't screw you rim up. I had to call Michelin to find who in my area could fix the tire. Good luck!

Old 11-03-2003, 06:33 AM
kusheen
Default hope you can get it patched

Tough to tell from the pic, but it looks like it's on the 'shoulder' of the tire, where it starts to curve into the sidewall. Nail holes in that area sometime cannot be patched.

About 8 years ago, I took my Lotus to have a new set of Yokohama AVS mounted. Picked up a nail IN THE SIDEWALL on the ride home, less than 5 miles! Being in the shoulder could not be patched, and the warranty did not cover road hazards.

Old 11-03-2003, 05:00 PM

Hey all...
Discount Tire in most cities around the US can fix the Crossfire tires they have machines that can handle up to 22"...and, for about $40.00 per tire, I bought a road hazard policy from them on my Crossfire tires....all you need is for one to have a nail or other sidewall problems and it pays for itself.

Old 11-03-2003, 05:06 PM
imported_mightyjlr

My dealer says they have the ability to fix it. Going in on Wednesday to have it fixed and an oil change. Plus, my driver's seat is squeaking or creaking a bit and I want them to look at it. They said it would be about $20.00 to fix the tire.