Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

What do you guys think i will get for my 04? Getting WRX STi.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What do you guys think i will get for my 04? Getting WRX STi.

Im sorry to say that in a few months time i will be selling my 04 alabaster coupe. Simply put, I need a car with more power, a manual transmission, aftermarket support, and 4 seats. Being able to decimate my redneck friends' lifted trucks on the trails is pretty cool too. I will be buying an 06 subaru impreza wrx sti... And i plan to have it at 500 whp on 93 octane in the next few years, i cant wait. Of course, it will never do an 11 second 1/4 mile with as much style as a 15 second crossfire 1/4 mile, which i am going to regret.

When i sell the crossfire, how much do you think i will be able to get for it? I paid 12,000 all told ttl included about 6 months ago. When i sell the car it eill have around 40,000 miles. Everything is working fine, no problems whatsoever. Interior 10/10, some scuffs from jean rivets on the outer bolsters but otherwise perfect. The exterior i would give an 8/10, there was a pretty bad door ding there when i bought it, not huge by any means, but about an inch in diameter dent with an inch long scratch (all the way to the sheet metal, filled in but somewhat noticeable). On the front bumper i was hit by a rock falling off of a truck, no dent really but an inch big chunk of paint taken off. This was bondoed/ painted over but is still noticeable up close. Also there are a few minor dings/scratches on the front bumper. 3 of the rims have curb rash, not noticeable from afar but definitely very noticeable up close. (i swear to god our rims are magnetized to a metallic strip in curbs, the first time i heard the GRRRRRINDDDD CRRRRUNCCCHHH i was beside myself. I am in virginia beach, any estimates would be greatly appreciated. The autotrader/cars listings vary too much to find a real price point, and the kbb is 10,500 ( hoping to get at least 11)

and one more thing, please no hate. I really love the crossfire and if the opportunity presents itself i will buy another as a DD.

Thanks,

dave.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What do you guys think i will get for my 04? Getting WRX STi.

Given the couple of body issues (which to some may be no big deal) and the pretty low mileage I would guesstimate maybe $10,600 to on the higher end at $11,200. Good luck with the STi. I have a buddy with a new one and while I dont think it is the nicest looking vehicle on the road, there is no denying its performance and practicality.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

well, definetly sell it outright, 'cause you would be lucky to get anything near 11K in trade...I think 10.5-11 is doable...good luck w/ the new purchase...but, I differ....I think the STi DD/ xf for pleasure...

Old 09-06-2009, 03:12 PM

Thanks for input guys. When i do sell im going to list it at 11,500 and go from there.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely give it a full detailing before photographing and listing it. Plan on up to a couple of weeks of hard work, if you DIY and if it is bad. Some common missed spots: the engine bay, underside of the hood, the fuel filler area, the door jambs and frame, and under the wing. See the Detail Shop category for lots of good advice.

On the car I just sold, I figure detailing it increased the sales price by about $1800, and make it sell within hours of listing it on CraigsList.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Re: What do you guys think i will get for my 04? Getting WRX STi.

I recently checked kbb for my 04 and it was around 9700 trade in and 11-ish for private sale. Private sale can be difficult if youre impaitent but if you can play the waiting game its worth the wait. have fun with your scooby-rue

Old 09-06-2009, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by green-ghost
I recently checked kbb for my 04 and it was around 9700 trade in and 11-ish for private sale. Private sale can be difficult if youre impaitent but if you can play the waiting game its worth the wait. have fun with your scooby-rue

yea i will definately have to wait a bit, when i bought it it had been sitting for 2 years! lol. hopefully theres the right sti for me when i do make the sale , because it will be the bus to work until i find one.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by LugNut
Definitely give it a full detailing before photographing and listing it. Plan on up to a couple of weeks of hard work, if you DIY and if it is bad. Some common missed spots: the engine bay, underside of the hood, the fuel filler area, the door jambs and frame, and under the wing. See the Detail Shop category for lots of good advice.

On the car I just sold, I figure detailing it increased the sales price by about $1800, and make it sell within hours of listing it on CraigsList.

the car is very clean inside and out. i baby it and clean the engine bay weekly, and wash it every 3 days (if it gets dirty). i also vacuum the interior and use leather wipes and plastic wipes when i wash it. detailing shouldnt be an issue (1800 dollars wtf how do you figure) i can get a top notch pro detailing for like 500.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

"1800 dollars"

Edmunds.com has prices vs. condition.