Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Wish List For The Crossfire

Old 12-04-2003, 07:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I need a navigation system.... Which isn't very often... I take my lap top with the GPS module and MS Trip Maker and off we go. I've only needed it twice in the 2 years that I've had the system.

Old 12-04-2003, 08:23 PM

Sunroof, visors that flip to the side, and someone mentioned this before...a cargo cover.

Old 12-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Default Wish list

Seriously, a valet key! Or at least the option of having a different lock/key on the glove box. And an alarm that chirps when set.

Old 12-30-2003, 01:06 AM

Some of your suggestions are turning this thing into a Chrysler and removing the Mercedes out of it. The cruise control is perfect. It it wasn't it wouln't have gone unchanged for 30 years. You don't even have to look for it and it keeps your hands right where they should be. Yes the cupholder sucks but a Lotus doesn't even come with one.

Harder brake pads??? This isn't a Chevy truck. The softer the pad is, the better stopping power you have. If you want less brake dust, use PBR Deluxe pads. They stop just as well but make virtually no brake dust.

I definately agree with the windows needing to go down slightly. My passenger side window makes awful wind noise. I don't know what they were thinking with the reversed window switches either. None of my Mercedes are like that. HID's would be nice but the projector beams do a really good job for halogen.

Old 12-30-2003, 05:55 AM

Relocate Cruise control w/indicator light, harder brakes to eliminate dust, Navigation system, Driver seat memory, tilt wheel, compass, aux. power outlet, 50 more horses, stop lowering the price and fire the marketing company.

Old 12-30-2003, 09:42 AM
Forum Regular

I think the biggest change they could make to the car is to redesign the center console. How hard could it of been to put some effort into it instead of just spraying it all silver. The trouble is the Crossfire was a rush job. It could have been the best coupe ever only if they stuck with Merc engineering and Chrysler styling.

The performance is enough for most and just makes you dream about a new HOT version.

Old 12-30-2003, 12:06 PM

Initially I was unhappy with the cruise control location. Nowafter a bit of useit makes sense to have it where it is; I'd like to see an indicator light, thoughcoil pressure gagecmove mirror control off the consoleceliminate cup holder; I don't allow anyone to eat or drink in the car (That's what my Element and Dodge truck are for)cDitto on the cargo cover and tilt wheelcadditional power outlet(one for phone, one for radar detectorcdon't like those tacky dual outlet add-ons)cbrushed aluminum trim rather than painted plasticcmanual control of rearvier mirror "shading." I prefer the old tilt versions)cupgraded dash/console materialca dramatically more efficient built-in antenna.

Picky, picky

Old 12-30-2003, 02:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a option only, Electric folding side mirrors. A larger choice of colors. cd multi changer or mpv player. silver bulbs in turn signals and side repeaters. (too get rid of egg yoke effect)

Old 12-30-2003, 04:21 PM

Just curious: Assuming our wish lists were enacted, what's the top price you'd pay for the "new" Crossfire? Just wondering what the threshold price is for the car.

For me, as beautiful as this car is, if it was above $45K, I'd probably feel like it (or any car) is out of my range. One of the biggest attractions is that I felt it had $50K of style at $35K.

Still, a valet key, seat memory, better cupholder, side visor, reversing the window controls, and side-of-car turn indicators would have been nice.

Old 12-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Forum Regular

For what I originally posted:

Electronics
Move cruise control lever

And other good ideas from this thread:

Cruise indicator
Power outlet
Seat Memory
Better cupholders

$2000 - $2,500

Fixing the window switches and adding a side visor should be free!!!

If D/C would make all of this available as an upgrade to my existing car, $3,000

My opinion - how about everybody else?

Old 12-30-2003, 04:52 PM
kusheen
Default good question

Even with all the things on the wish list, as this car approaches $40K, and especially if it goes over, there are a number of other options out there that I'd strongly consider at that price point.

Not saying it wouldn't be a supercharged Crossfire with memory seat, brushed metal console, and a decent cupholder.

But I'd take a good long look at other cars out there too.

Old 02-10-2004, 06:19 AM

At the top of my wishlist for the Crossfire would be a satellite-ready radio as standard equipment. I've talked to two dealerships regarding the availability of one in the future and neither has been able to provide any timetable for when this might happen.

I finally installed the new XM Commander to the left of the center console where the dash padding sits. The micro-antenna sits at the front of the dash at the windshield. Looks and sounds great.

The dealerships told me the entire line of Chrysler vehicles has a satellite-ready radio as an option if not standard equipment, except the Crossfire.

A major oversight in my view.

Chris
SB/TTG Autostick

Old 02-10-2004, 12:43 PM

Very simple. The car could contend with a lot more expensive performance machinery if it only had some more power. 275 tires out back and a new Hemi with a 6 speed. At 3060 it weighs about the same as the current(last) Z06!

With 300,000 hemi units produced every year, production costs would probably go down.

So if the Mercedes v8 from the 420 will fit the slk, why can't Chrysler put a V8 in it.
V8s and american cars are just made for each other.
And if Chrysler wants a premier marque leading car, that would make it!