Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Wish List For The Crossfire

Old 12-03-2003, 09:26 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wish List For The Crossfire

I think we should all say what we would like to see changed / improved on our Crossfire. Maybe Crossfiretech will forward them to D/C, and they will get implemented, and hopfully, made available to us.

Here is my wish list:

1. Being an electronics freak, I would like to see the heater control and radio replaced with a complete electronic screen to control all those functions and add a real nav system. A 4 CD changer should be here as well. Integration of a car phone would also be nice. If they really wanted it to be the best, make it all voice activated.

2. Move the control lever for the speed control. I hit it all the time when I reach for the turn signal. I would like it on the steering wheel, or even more cool would be voice activated as part of the electronics from #1 above!

These things are already available, so it is not like they would have to be designed from scratch.

Other than that, I would not change a thing on this vehicle!

OK Chrysler guys, come uo with a price.....

Old 12-03-2003, 10:12 AM
Default wish list

Everything you said plus reversing action of the power window switches. The rear part of the rocker switch should be "down" instead of the forward part of the switch.

Old 12-03-2003, 10:27 AM

I agree with the window switch. And the Cruise control switch. I would add a light when the cruise control is on. Also a tilt wheel would be a nice touch.

Old 12-03-2003, 11:08 AM

Thats weird UK power window switch's are correct, Push down on the switch puts the window down. Mind you thats easy to sort out, just pop them out and turn them around...sorted!!.

Also I don't have a problem with the cruise control lever, its position is spot on and very easy to use. I wonder if these are all tweaks they made after the first batch of cars were built, like the Radio.

Old 12-03-2003, 11:28 AM

agree on the cruise control and a nav system. Also seat memory so you don't have to re-adjust everytime someone else sits down to see how it feels. tilt wheel would be a help as well

Old 12-03-2003, 11:34 AM

Better (Harder) brake pads that don't make brake-dust as bad.

Old 12-03-2003, 11:53 AM
Forum Regular

Put the mirror control option somewhere it DOESN'T stand out. At least make it flush and silver match to interior trim!

HID factory lighting. I was upset when I learned there was no HID option and only standard H7 halogen bulbs. Upgraded mine, love it.

NAV - Give us an option to upgrade to Navagation. Slide out single screen unit with matching silver.

Rear Cover - Rear hatch cover to keep people from looking into the rear window and seeing what we got back there!

Proxcimity sensory - Set off a short chirp when someone gets to close to the car! Keep finger prints off my baby!

Windshield Trim - Make option to paint body color. Not bad w/ silver, other colors its ugly.

(Cruise control) Leave it alone! It is in same spot on SLK and other Mercedies. One good reason why they do its, is to keep your hands at 3 / 6 instead of 10/2. When an airbag deploys, you don't want to have your hand forced into the glass or roof of car. Keeping them on the side of the steering wheel reduces injury when the bag is activated.

Old 12-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Forum Regular

Oh and a damn compas!

Old 12-03-2003, 12:21 PM

I've got a compas in my Explorer and my boat. The only one I ever use is in my boat. If I was headed out across the desert then I would want a compas in the car. The roads always go the same direction day after day.

Old 12-03-2003, 03:23 PM

How about 2 more traditional cup holders v. 1 & recessed into the console somehow so it doesn't constantly get bumped, interfer with shifting & collect those accidental spills.

Old 12-03-2003, 04:18 PM

Minibar!

:mrgreen:

Old 12-03-2003, 04:53 PM

I second neander!!! :lol:

Old 12-03-2003, 05:01 PM
imported_mightyjlr

I want color touchscreen navigation (with some sort of trip computer, like miles remaining, mpg, that sort of thing, my 99 sebring had it, no reason for the Crossfire not to), and windows that roll down a little when you open the door, and then go back up when it is closed... it makes the door have a better seal. Also, although the sound of the stereo is decent... I think they should have installed 8" subs behind the seats, instead of the 6x9s i think are back there, it would make the bass clearer and punchier, and less muddy.

Old 12-03-2003, 05:02 PM

Car & Driver mentioned that the Crossfires brakes were right off the SLK, so maybe we could have larger brakes with an increase in HP and paint the calipers red while they are at it.

Old 12-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Forum Regular

OK, but who is going to refill it? Does this mean that D/C will have mandatory stops on the service schedule for Minibar (M/B) maintenance?????

And the little bottles will be all greasy and probably empty from the service techs......

;-)

Old 12-03-2003, 05:49 PM
Forum Regular
Default extras

xenon headlights + reverse parking sensors
plus hot and cold running women :lol:

lp

Old 12-03-2003, 08:15 PM

I think a one touch up mode for the window switches would be good too... most cars have that now.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:19 PM
Default wish list...

oh, what i wouldn't do for a left-handed remote!

Old 12-03-2003, 10:33 PM

I agree with some of the above suggestions:
1. The cruise control arm should be changed to buttons on the steering wheel.
2. A light on the dash board when the cruise control is activated, so the driver knows if he hits the arm accidently. There are plenty of other notice lights, no reason this one was not included.
3. Outside mirror control should be moved off the console and onto the driver's door panel.
4. Better cup holder location, that doesn't get in the way.
5. The power seat memory is a nice idea.

I really enjoy this car and the above suggestions are not posted as a negitive/s towerds this vehicle, but as ideas to make future models more user friendly.

Old 12-04-2003, 06:28 AM
kusheen
Default just a couple

The power seat memory would be tops on my list. And Tilt wheel. I'm 5'8", in my most comfortable seating position the portion of the panel that has the alert lights, ie the TPM ligt, is totally obscurred by the steering wheel.

The cupholder is just plain silly. It's clear that as they were putting the finishing touches on the design, somebody looked at the plans and said, "Sh*t, we forgot the cupholders. That one in the console was clearly a very poor afterthought. I rarely have a beverage while driving, so it doesn't really effect me that much. But still, given the overall quality of the car, the afterthough nature of it is a bit embarrassing.

I WISH they could find a place to tuck a legit spare. If the bolt patterns are the same, the two different wheel sizes on the car aren't the issue. The mini spares commonly used in other cars are always smaller than the standard running wheels. But..there IS no place to put it.

The allure of the Navigation system is lost on me. That feature in my car would go totally unused.

Quick Reply: Wish List For The Crossfire