Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Saw one in person today, holy smokes....

Old 01-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw one in person today, holy smokes....

I'd heard several times on this forum that the car looks much better in person. That happens to some cars I guess. I wasn't thrilled by the pictures a whole lot (some though)... Anyone who has not seen one in person needs to stop by a dealer. I couldn't believe my eyes when I visited S&L Chysler today. That has to be the hottest car I've ever seen. I've seen the 350Z and RX8 in person, and they are very nice in a japanese "2 fast 2 furious" sort of way, but not like the Crossfire. The Crossfire is definitely an upscale car.

Also, the engine must put out alot of torque. 215hp doesn't sound like much, but a review I read said it pulled over 150mph. Not too shabby for -any- car. Anyone have a torque number?

One will be in my garage in spring....

Also, I didn't care for the red or charcoal finishes, but looking at them in person, they look like different cars. There's no such thing as a bad color for this car.

Old 01-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the Crossfire is definately styled classically which will last longer than its contemporaries especially those made in Japan. As for the torque, its at 229. I have the 6sp and the sweet spot is definately 3rd gear.

This vehicle looks great in all colours.....I got the Sapphire silver/blue with the two-tone slate interior....its a stunner. I promise you, you WILL love the Crossfire!

Old 01-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be prepared to give a tour every time you pull into the gas station, not to mention all the thumbs up you'll get on the road. I've had people start to speed by me, only to pull back and check it out. If I was a showoff I'd drop it in 3rd or 4th and mash on it, but I'm just kinda laid back...

I took the "Crossfire" lettering off the back end of mine, that really confuses them... 8) 8) 8) 8)