Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Pics from the LA Auto Show "Crossfire Startech"

Old 01-06-2004, 02:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics from the LA Auto Show "Crossfire Startech"

Sorry couldn't upload the pics but did so to my ALBUM section check it out pretty sweet. Just curious to know if in fact the convertible is a hardtop like the SC430?

Old 01-06-2004, 07:02 AM
kusheen
Default real deal

I wonder if this is 'the' actual car, or a nearly fleshed out pre production model with still a bunch of details to work out...

If this pretty much is what the car is going to be, gotta revert to form, sorry:

Did DC not read any of the reviews??? Virtually every review, even those that liked the car, thought the silver painted console had to go. Still, there it is. On the other hand, the Christmas Tree ornament shift **** and the bizarre looking brake handle WILL draw the eye away from the console, although I don't know if in the way DC intended.

Better to have left the **** and handle alone and spend a couple nickels to actually form the console out of aluminum.

Also wondering if that wrinkle on the trunk is the infamous fixed spoiler. Hardly seems worth the effort.

I'm hoping that this is a pre-production car, details of which will be tidied up by production time.

Enough of my nit picking, still glad to see that the changes are not so significant as to render our cars last week's news. The wheels are nice, but in my view no better or worse as on the first year cars. Matter of personal preference.

Gotta love that engine, though!

Old 01-06-2004, 11:22 AM
imported_mightyjlr
Default Re: real deal

Originally Posted by kusheen
I wonder if this is 'the' actual car, or a nearly fleshed out pre production model with still a bunch of details to work out...

If this pretty much is what the car is going to be, gotta revert to form, sorry:

Did DC not read any of the reviews??? Virtually every review, even those that liked the car, thought the silver painted console had to go. Still, there it is. On the other hand, the Christmas Tree ornament shift **** and the bizarre looking brake handle WILL draw the eye away from the console, although I don't know if in the way DC intended.

Better to have left the **** and handle alone and spend a couple nickels to actually form the console out of aluminum.

Also wondering if that wrinkle on the trunk is the infamous fixed spoiler. Hardly seems worth the effort.

I'm hoping that this is a pre-production car, details of which will be tidied up by production time.

Enough of my nit picking, still glad to see that the changes are not so significant as to render our cars last week's news. The wheels are nice, but in my view no better or worse as on the first year cars. Matter of personal preference.

Gotta love that engine, though!
Kusheen,
This Crossfire has nothing to do with Chrysler. It was tuned by Startech, a division of Brabus that tunes Chrysler cars. Startech put a V8 into it. It isn't the SRT-6.

Old 01-06-2004, 04:39 PM
kusheen
Default THANKS!

Gotcha, thanks!