Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Test drove an '04 coupe and here is what I think

Old 12-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Test drove an '04 coupe and here is what I think

I did have a problem with the leg room

my shins hits to the bottom of the dash right below the steering wheel. I mean when i pushed the seat all the way back, it was "O.K." my lets wouldnt hit but the back of the seat was pushed back so far, it was straight, i felt kind of like locked. I finally found a comfy enough position but my shins touches that part i described above.

Now my question is, since I am in love with these cars, is there anyway to remove this part??

TorqueOmata3011.jpg

and additional cons about the car, visibility seemed pretty poor and too much plastic inside. sound system didnt appear to be powerful to me, i would expect some nice bass out of that little cabin. I can definitely not see myself have a drink in the cup holder and able to shift that thing.

now about pros, even after a few little cons, i was like man, i want one soooooo bad, i have to have one. the way they look, they way it rode, it just drooled me all over the car.

the car i want to buy had a cracked windshield so dealer said that they are replacing it now. after that inspection and give me a call. i hope it will be fine and they will match my budget so i can be part of this community!

Last edited by Musclefan21; 12-09-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Test drove an 04 coupe and here is what i think

I believe that there are a few folks who have taken that knee bolster out.... I havent, so I cant tell you how hard it is or isnt....

Welcome to our little club....

Old 12-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The steering wheel does telescope....no tilt though. How tall are you? I'm a little over 6 ft.....feels great to me....

If you put a drink in the cupholder....you won't be doing any radical shifting....besides, if there's ETOH in that drink...you want to drive carefully anyway.

Once you learn to keep the revs up you'll love that 6 speed.

Last edited by Chris L.; 12-09-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chris L.
The steering wheel does telescope....no tilt though. How tall are you? I'm a little over 6 ft.....feels great to me....

If you put a drink in the cupholder....you won't be doing any radical shifting....besides, if there's ETOH in that drink...you want to drive carefully anyway.

Once you learn to keep the revs up you'll love that 6 speed.

I am 6'3". I already love the car and i am sure once i get used to it, i will love it more. I am just hoping to get the deal i want soon. damn me, i am a very impatient person

BTW, thanks Miker.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe you think the sound system was bad. Mine has great bass stock, did ithave the infinity system? also I am 6 feet two and I'm fine in the car they do take some getting used to. And other than the shifter what do you think of the car's overall performance?

Old 12-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 2005crossfire6speed
I can't believe you think the sound system was bad. Mine has great bass stock, did ithave the infinity system? also I am 6 feet two and I'm fine in the car they do take some getting used to. And other than the shifter what do you think of the car's overall performance?
I am not sure what kind of system it had, i turned the bass up and turned a radio station on. it was a rock music and radio so i am sure CD would be better.

Overall performance, well it was a quick little fella. I am coming from a low 11 second ride which trapped 123mph. actually here is an incar video of me racing my 03 cobra.

YouTube - 2003 cobra

I can definitely see this little fella being a lot quicker with cold air intake, full exhaust and tune. it should fee up some horsepower. It felt like it was lacking some torque though. But no question in my mind, she handled better than my 06 mustang GT and 03 cobra. suspension was stiff and that put a smile on my face.

I like it. I like it a lot!

Old 12-09-2009, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Musclefan21
I am not sure what kind of system it had, i turned the bass up and turned a radio station on. it was a rock music and radio so i am sure CD would be better.

Overall performance, well it was a quick little fella. I am coming from a low 11 second ride which trapped 123mph. actually here is an incar video of me racing my 03 cobra.

YouTube - 2003 cobra

I can definitely see this little fella being a lot quicker with cold air intake, full exhaust and tune. it should fee up some horsepower. It felt like it was lacking some torque though. But no question in my mind, she handled better than my 06 mustang GT and 03 cobra. suspension was stiff and that put a smile on my face.

I like it. I like it a lot!
WOW thats very fast, I also use cd's and sometimes the radio, but usually cd's or my Ipod adapter, and with the right music it has great bass. A way to tell what system it has is if the radio ***** were black it was not the intinity, if they were silver then it was. Put in a good cd and turn it up and you wont be dissapointed

Old 12-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Forum Regular

WOW thats very fast, I also use cd's and sometimes the radio, but usually cd's or my Ipod adapter, and with the right music it has great bass. A way to tell what system it has is if the radio ***** were black it was not the intinity, if they were silver then it was. Put in a good cd and turn it up and you wont be dissapointed
so infinity is better?

also any idea if i could do what i want to do? (look at the pic above)

Old 12-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe it's me, but I don't turn the bass up at all. Infact alot of times I feel like there is to much base. I've got the infinity, those of you who have to have more bass just puzzle me...

Old 12-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Life is random...so am I.

I'm 6'4" and I can find a comfortable position in my 6 speed. Granted, I have a roadster so there's a little more headroom than a coupe.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

well, it ain't going to run like that cobra....

Old 12-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by apkano
I'm 6'4" and I can find a comfortable position in my 6 speed. Granted, I have a roadster so there's a little more headroom than a coupe.
oh i forgot to mention, i didnt have any problems on that department. i had a good 2" space left I think (between my head and the roof)

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Well aware sir and not expecting it to. I want one because of the way they look inside and out. I think i am growing up, I want comfortable, luxury ride than "just" a car with a powerful engine in it

Old 12-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

So when do you pick her up?

Old 12-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

HowardJ started a thread about removing the knee bolster:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...e-bolster.html

Old 12-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tighed1
So when do you pick her up?
whenever they are ready, i am ready. they are inspecting the car right now to make sure everything is ok with the car mechanically.

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
HowardJ started a thread about removing the knee bolster:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...e-bolster.html
haha, i guess i am not the only one who thought about it

Old 12-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Musclefan21
I did have a problem with the leg room

my shins hits to the bottom of the dash right below the steering wheel. I mean when i pushed the seat all the way back, it was "O.K." my lets wouldnt hit but the back of the seat was pushed back so far, it was straight, i felt kind of like locked. I finally found a comfy enough position but my shins touches that part i described above.

Now my question is, since I am in love with these cars, is there anyway to remove this part??

Musclefan, unless you're all legs (and no torso) you should be able to find the "sweet spot". It just takes some time playing with the seat adjuster.
I'm 6'2", and before I bought one I sat in at least a 1/2 dozen Crossfires and never could find the perfect position. I went ahead and purchased a new 04 anyway(off EBAY), thinking I was going to have to have the seat "cut down" so I could fit properly.
When I picked up the car, the salesman (who was as tall as I am) brought the car around to me, and had the seat adjusted perfectly for me.
Before you get in the car, just drop the seat down to its absolute "lowest" position, with the seat back straight up and down, then slide it back as far as it will go. When you get in, you'll notice that your knees have plenty of room, but of course you're sitting with your back in a 90 degree position. Now gradually move the seat forward, and as you go forward you can tilt the seat back more and more as you approach the dashboard. Get your knees as close to the "bolster" as you can, keep tilting the seat back as much as possible, and you should find your comfort zone. Don't forget to raise the front of the seat bottom for just the right amount of support.
I'll admit it's snug, but I've driven for over 12 hour straight and never felt too confined.
The "Base" model has cloth (manual adjusted) seats that seem to have a tad bit more room.
Visibility could be better, but you get use to it.
I own a "stock" Dodge, capable of breaking into the 11's (if driven like you stole it) and since I purchased the Crossfire I haven't driven it even once. To me, the "NA" Crossfire is that satisfying.
Good Luck

Old 12-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
doc i ran the 03 s/c cobra in al. and smoked em twice! got the old "we should do top end thats were my car shines" line!!!! asked him how he liked my led tailights on the track and he got mad and left!

Old 12-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Musclefan, unless you're all legs (and no torso) you should be able to find the "sweet spot". It just takes some time playing with the seat adjuster.
I'm 6'2", and before I bought one I sat in at least a 1/2 dozen Crossfires and never could find the perfect position. I went ahead and purchased a new 04 anyway(off EBAY), thinking I was going to have to have the seat "cut down" so I could fit properly.
When I picked up the car, the salesman (who was as tall as I am) brought the car around to me, and had the seat adjusted perfectly for me.
Before you get in the car, just drop the seat down to its absolute "lowest" position, with the seat back straight up and down, then slide it back as far as it will go. When you get in, you'll notice that your knees have plenty of room, but of course you're sitting with your back in a 90 degree position. Now gradually move the seat forward, and as you go forward you can tilt the seat back more and more as you approach the dashboard. Get your knees as close to the "bolster" as you can, keep tilting the seat back as much as possible, and you should find your comfort zone. Don't forget to raise the front of the seat bottom for just the right amount of support.
I'll admit it's snug, but I've driven for over 12 hour straight and never felt too confined.
The "Base" model has cloth (manual adjusted) seats that seem to have a tad bit more room.
Visibility could be better, but you get use to it.
I own a "stock" Dodge, capable of breaking into the 11's (if driven like you stole it) and since I purchased the Crossfire I haven't driven it even once. To me, the "NA" Crossfire is that satisfying.
Good Luck
thanks a lot sir! I just want to get one ASAP

Old 12-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Maybe it's me, but I don't turn the bass up at all. Infact alot of times I feel like there is to much base. I've got the infinity, those of you who have to have more bass just puzzle me...
I tend to agree. I actually have my bass down in the negative numbers and still feel there is more than enough. maybe I'm just not as much of a music guy as some other members.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by s40guy
I tend to agree. I actually have my bass down in the negative numbers and still feel there is more than enough. maybe I'm just not as much of a music guy as some other members.
just wondering if you are accepting adoption applications at this time sir?

Quick Reply: Test drove an '04 coupe and here is what I think