Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

What are you looking at?

Old 02-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What are you looking at?

I just got my black crossfire yesterday and every time I drive it people stare at me. :shock: Is it me or the car? I'm just not use to all this attention. I LOVE IT!

Old 02-15-2004, 09:07 PM

Marvin Hickman Wrote:
"...I just got my black crossfire yesterday and every time I drive it people stare at me. Is it me or the car? I'm just not use to all this attention". I LOVE IT!

...it's the car, get used to it. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Old 02-16-2004, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think i'm going to like this forum. finally, somebody who understands what it's like to have to fight the crowd to get out of the car wash.

cars, bikes, women; i've never seen anything get the looks this thing does. coming back from l.a. late at night, i had to keep shaking people off who would just pull up slightly behind and beside and just sit there looking at it.

unbelievable.

dan

Old 02-16-2004, 09:33 AM

houstondan Wrote:

"....i think i'm going to like this forum. finally, somebody who understands what it's like to have to fight the crowd to get out of the car wash".

No... No...No absolutely No!!! Crossfire's are "extremely" allergic to car washes. We're not talking about your everyday run of the mill automobile here. The Crossfire is "automotive art" and will file abuse charges if you continue taking it to a car wash!!! It deserves to be hand washed at least weekly and hand waxed very lovingly (you'll be amazed how much stronger the bond will become by doing so). :wink: :P :P :P :wink:

On behalf of our founder, 'mightyjlr' and the rest of the gang... welcome to the "Order of the Crossfire". 8) 8) 8)

Old 02-16-2004, 10:08 AM

I concur...... Car Washes are a No, No!!!

Old 02-16-2004, 10:48 AM

Marv: While this sound like overkillc stay away from car washes. Check out my "Black car Blues" thread in the Detil forum. BTW, did anyone mention, stay away from car washes?

Old 02-16-2004, 12:21 PM

ok, in my own defense, i was coming off of a 3 day pool tournament at south padre island and i was going to get the salt off no matter what, even before i headed back to houston. d.i.y. hand spray-wash.

and yes, mine is black too. i know about swirls.

dan

Old 02-16-2004, 12:28 PM

OK, yer excused this time. Just don't let it happen again.

(But did you win?)

Old 02-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Forum Regular

Mine is clean too!!!! Spent several hours getting it right yesterday. Today, the looks were back in action!!!!!

Old 02-16-2004, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Reg Kittrelle
(But did you win?)
won some but finished out of the money. mostly it was a great excuse to put the crossfire on the road and get outta town for a few days. man, that car just loves the road.

did houston to l.a. and back in 4 days over christmas, left tuesday morning and got back friday night and that thing just gobbles-up the miles. between the seat and the suspension, it's even easy on the back which says a lot. especially in new mexico where they save money on their road building. instead of actially putting down concrete, they just put i-10 signs across the desert.

dan

Old 02-16-2004, 11:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just cant resist to drive my Crossfire as me and my wife attended a Valentines Party last Friday. It was snowing that day here in East Texas but blaze red is a Valentine treat for my wife plus the added compliments I get from the party goers. To my surprise, zaino wax hold on to its shine when I checked it the next day and my crossfire sparkles as if it just came out from a fresh wash. I just had 2 coats of zaino since I bought my crossfire. Zaino rocks!

Old 02-20-2004, 11:46 AM

Pulled my car thrue the torture of an car wash "once"....

result: Two of my crossfire letters were broken off.

It took only four days to replace them tough (can't complain about my dealer ship here)

NEVER... EVER will I do this torture to my crossfire