Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

thinking about buying one

Old 04-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking about buying one

I am thinking about buying a crossfire within the next week or two, just wondering if anybody has any pointers... i am looking at 04,05 models, automatic, not getting it for the speed just looks and gas mileage...any difference in 04, 05...any info would be appreciated..thanx

Old 04-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Default Re: thinking about buying one

Pretty much all the same. Just get the color you REALLY want and the rest is bliss.Search this forum for awhile and you'll find out just about everything.
Best car purchase most of us have ever made. Welcome aboard!

Old 04-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In 04 there was only 1 trim level, the only choices you had was color and if you wanted an automatic or manual. In 05 what you got as an 04 minus the auto dim rear view mirror became a limited and a base model was intoducid that came in all black, none metal door sills that didn't say Crossfire on them, no insulation blanket on the hoods underside, flat black engine cover, clothe seats and a stereo without the rear speakers and less wattage. I may have left a few things out. They also introduced a roadster and the SRT6. So in 05 you had a few more choices. Good luck in your search.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Forum Regular

Only thing to add is base model has black radio ***** and a black lighter. I also think it has drum brakes on the rear. Don't hold me to that but I thought there is a difference in types of brakes. Also I think the shifter is a different color. In 2006 there were some special editions which were red with SRT wheels and base model interior. I have never looked under the hood so I can't speak to that. The grille is different on the base. Good look in your search. The cloth interior has like a black and gray swirl to the seats in the middle. Base seats are not power and no heater in the seats. Maybe someone else can give some other things.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hawk Monster
Only thing to add is base model has black radio ***** and a black lighter. I also think it has drum brakes on the rear. Don't hold me to that but I thought there is a difference in types of brakes. Also I think the shifter is a different color. In 2006 there were some special editions which were red with SRT wheels and base model interior. I have never looked under the hood so I can't speak to that. The grille is different on the base. Good look in your search. The cloth interior has like a black and gray swirl to the seats in the middle. Base seats are not power and no heater in the seats. Maybe someone else can give some other things.
I have a base coupe. Pretty sure the back brakes are disc. But you are right... here are a few extra differences.

The base also has no tire pressure monitors, garage door openers, no cupholder (has the bin), seats are cloth with no power or heater. No cargo net. I think that covers the difference. To me the less gadgets the better... which is why I bought the base. Less things to break (like the heated seats) and really thankful there are no tire pressure sensors. Those things are a pain in the rear! I also preferred the cloth seats because every leather car seat I owned cracked in the Texas sun. I bought mine brand new in 2005 and the base coupe seemed like a better fit for me.

The exterior is black on all base cars... the side grills and windshield surround is black (no silver trim). Radio **** is black. Not sure about the shift ****. They all seem like the same silver color to me. The engine is the same... except the engine cover shield is black (not silver like the other models).

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 04-06-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hawk Monster
My '07 base came with all disc brakes. I can't imagine what modern sports car wouldn't have them.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:57 PM

ok, thanx a lot guys... i really want to buy a black, white, or dark gray one.. and i do like the orange and black interior..

Old 04-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How much you willing to spend? There's some great buys out there!

Old 04-06-2010, 05:52 PM

in between 10 and 13.. i have seen a few good ones in my area, houston tx

Old 04-06-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by davidlopez2384
ok, thanx a lot guys... i really want to buy a black, white, or dark gray one.. and i do like the orange and black interior..
Hey David, I have a black 2005 limited coupe, it has heated leather bucket seats, which, by the way are Cedar and Dark slate, in color, a updated Infinity CD player with amps in all the speakers,(great radio, but i dont play it much, just roll down the window, and listen to that zooooooom). I love my car, one word of advice, if you find what you are looking for-----Do not drive it, if you do you will buy it, take it from a first time test drive and buy man.

Good luck