Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Left Coast Hook-up

Old 03-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in for the entire trip as well.

As I hear from folks, the meeting places are getting edited to make it as convenient as possible for everyone to join us wherever you wish. Eventually we'll eliminate any of the meeting points where no one plans to join us. That will leave a little more time for some sightseeing stops along the way instead.

North Cal folks (Reg, Dick, anyone else?): Let us know if you're willing to drive south of Carmel at all. Places like Nepenthe might be a good "get to know you all" stop for a late lunch. Otherwise timing-wise, it may be best to meet in Carmel late afternoon, do the 17 Mile Drive right away, and then all go to dinner in Monterey.

Looking forward to it...I booked my hotel for a long weekend along Highway 1 today!

Old 03-18-2004, 08:22 AM

Planning ot meet up in between Point Magu/Port Hueneme and Oxnard, will try getting cell numbers and give mine to whomever is in the lead of the pack later. Looking forward to the meet and greet. Will be coming in from Lancaster (High Desert)

Old 03-18-2004, 10:55 AM

Nepenthe sounds like a good place to meet for us and we can do that.

Old 03-18-2004, 03:03 PM

I'm hoping to make it even if I don't have my own Crossfire by then, just to drool over all of yours. 32 more days til I test drive the roadster, (though who is counting). BTW, sometimes with freak rain storms and stuff, Highway 1 closes. Just to be safe check out the following website: http://www.dot.ca.gov/ and make sure Highway 1 is open. Right now there is a place that is only one-way traffic near and abouts where you all will be driving. I would just love to fly over in a helicopter and see all of you traveling in a line on 1. It's pretty spectacular.

Old 03-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VegasCrossfire
Will start at the Comfort Inn / Santa Monica and plan to go to Montery. :lol:

Starting the countdown ......
"Starting" the countdown??? It's already been underway for at least three weeks... :wink: :wink:

Old 03-19-2004, 02:10 PM

I'm in. Even tho I started this thread I had to back out as soon as that date was set; a job came in.

However, that date got changed. So, wife and I are up for this. We'll pick up the group at Arroyo Grande stop.

Old 03-19-2004, 02:15 PM

Cool...

As the time draws near, we'll have to sit down and find out where everyone is joining up at and try to set some kind of schedule as to what time the group should arrive at each place...

Need to figure in time for photo stops, lunch etc...

Old 03-19-2004, 03:39 PM

Join us!

I'll start to edit this update or post future ones as they come in to keep the momentum going. In May, we'll figure out best meeting times and we can privately exchange cell phone numbers to be able to coordinate stops.

Even if you're not sure if you can make it, let us know if we should add your name to the Drivers List!

SATURDAY, MAY 15:

:arrow: 1. Santa Monica, Highway 1...next stretch is along coast thru Malibu...very pretty. Meeting time is early morning TBD (8 or 9am?), and meeting place is the parking lot of the Comfort Inn at 2815 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica. Drivers: AZ Outlaws, Vegas Crossfire, Diane, PageOneResults.

:arrow: 2. TBD: Oxnard/Ventura/Port Hueneme, Highway 1 and 101 join here...next stretch is along ocean up through Santa Barbara...should be green (or brown in a heat wave) rolling hills. Drivers: Caught in a Crossfire, AZ Outlaws, Vegas Crossfire, Diane, PageOneResults

:arrow: 3. TBD: Santa Barbara/Gaviota, Highway 101 where it just veers inland (we'll figure out later if we want to drive on the 1 or the 101 across the Lompoc Penninsula...neither is along beach...1 is rural, and 101 is more of a straight shot). Drivers: Caught in a Crossfire, AZ Outlaws, Vegas Crossfire, Diane.

:arrow: 4. Arroyo Grande back where the 1 and 101 join up again. Next stretch is Pismo Beach and San Luis Obispo on the 101 and then it splits back to the 1 down to Morro Bay and along the ocean past Hearst Castle. This begins some of the most beautiful coastal driving...virtually on a cliff overlooking the ocean all the way up to Big Sur. Drivers: Reg Kittrelle, Caught in a Crossfire, AZ Outlaws, Vegas Crossfire, Diane

:arrow: 5. Nepenthe on Highway 1. Not too far south of Carmel, their restaurant might be a good get-to-know-everyone early dinner stop. The famous "17 mile drive" would top off the trip if done during daylight hours. Drivers: Dick Bohnsack, rabbitroodle, Reg Kittrelle, Caught in a Crossfire, AZ Outlaws, Vegas Crossfire, Diane

:arrow: 6. Monterey on Highway 1. Possible late dinner for the whole group. From here, it's easy to cut back to the 101 for a "straight shot" drive (vs winding highway 1) south back to Los Angeles...about 6 hours drive.

Old 03-25-2004, 02:38 AM

Hey Steve from So Cal...are you gonna join us?

Old 03-27-2004, 09:41 AM

Just bringing this thread back to the top for more exposure... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Old 04-07-2004, 12:04 AM

There seems to be a few new CA owners...make plans to join us all on May 15!

Old 04-14-2004, 01:01 AM

Nikki, Will, are you ready to cruise up the coast with us?

Old 04-17-2004, 12:24 AM

Hi all,

name the time and place and my Blaze Red Xfire will be there. I live in the Ontario,CA area. So anyplace around LA is fine by me.

Old 04-18-2004, 02:21 PM

:lol: Hope to meet you Friday night or Saturday morning in Santa Monica!! Read previous posts for exact location and details of trip. 8)

Old 04-19-2004, 11:00 PM

I plan on heading down the coast around noon from Salinas, I'll keep my eye out and hook up with the group.

This should cause some serious head turning all up the coast. I get stopped constantly, as we all do, asking "what is it?, sure is a beautiful car!"

Old 04-19-2004, 11:02 PM

8) As the time gets nearer, don't forget to PM some of us to get cell phone numbers. Also - if you have a walkie/talkie, we will have to post what channel we will be on.

Looking forward to meeting you :lol:

Old 04-20-2004, 02:41 PM

Alrighty then,

SMO @ the comfort inn parking lot is fine by me. I'll be there 8)

Sunny

Old 04-20-2004, 11:47 PM

Just a reminder.... PM me if your planning to attend and I'll add your name to the sign-up list in the Crossfire Meets forum.... kinda like to get a head count...

Old 04-21-2004, 11:32 AM

So even if I don't have mine by then, can I still join you on the 15th? I just got the call from my dealership, the Roadster is indeed delayed (ONLY 1 MORE DAY IN MY COUNTDOWN!). Since I want no regrets in my Crossfire, I will wait until it comes before I decide on Coupe or Roadster. But I would love to meet up with you all. I promise to drive 2 miles behind the pack. I would understand if you say "You can't be a part of the club until you have the car." And if so, just ignore me if you see a 40ish, crazed red-head staring at your cars from the bushes.....drooling and weeping.

Old 04-21-2004, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by rabbitroodle
So even if I don't have mine by then, can I still join you on the 15th? I just got the call from my dealership, the Roadster is indeed delayed (ONLY 1 MORE DAY IN MY COUNTDOWN!). Since I want no regrets in my Crossfire, I will wait until it comes before I decide on Coupe or Roadster. But I would love to meet up with you all. I promise to drive 2 miles behind the pack. I would understand if you say "You can't be a part of the club until you have the car." And if so, just ignore me if you see a 40ish, crazed red-head staring at your cars from the bushes.....drooling and weeping.
Come on down!!!! Happy to have you!!! Where do you want to meet up with us and I'll add your name to the list???

Quick Reply: Left Coast Hook-up