Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Eibach Springs

Old 06-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Springs

So, I'm considering getting the Eibach pro-line springs for my 04 Coupe.

Wondering if anyone on here has them on a Coupe and could take some GOOD pics so I can see what the stance looks like and if I like it or not before I shell out the $300 for those babies.

I have used Eibach before and I love their product, if anyone could help me out with pics I would appreciate it.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Eibach Springs

Suggestion:

Buy some SRT springs, they are a little more stiff (a plus if you enjoy spirited driving) and with a little cutting, you can have as much or little lowering as you would like. Also, at ~$100 (going rate here, used) a set, they are much cheaper as well. Just my 0.02

Old 06-28-2010, 02:03 PM

From what I've seen the Eibachs are much better for the street and track. More then half of the SRTs that come into our shop go with the Eibachs for the better stance and more complacent ride quality.

We can do better then 300.00 for them. Shoot us an email at info@tvtdesign.com.

If you need pics of them installed check out our Customer's car section, as a lot of them have the Eibachs.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:19 PM

If you can do better than $278 shipped I would be more than happy to go through you. That's the price I'm getting them for.

And I don't want to go with the cut SRT springs simply because I don't want the hassle of cutting when I can get the Eibach's and be done with it, I'm not worried about the price differance too much as I have little worries about money right now.

But thanks BoilerUp your input is always valued with this guy.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I had the Eibach's on my SRT-6. They are a street spring IMO. On the track I had faster times with the stock springs than the Eibach's. After cutting my stock springs to get the ride height of the Eibach's, my times were light years faster. (2 seconds on a 1:00 track) The Eibach's ride much better on the street than the SRT springs. For a non SRT Crossfire I recommend the Eibach's for the visual and ride improvements.

Les

Old 06-28-2010, 06:02 PM

Heres a few shots I took today... hope these help with your decision.

Close-ups of front/rear using the keyfob as a reference point to compare to your current height..

Taken a few feet back to get the 'overview' of a frontal shot...

and the challenger in the back also has eibachs

Also shows off Andrew's SRT6 emblems just installed today ... thanks again Andrew!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
frnt lower.JPG (646.6 KB, 32 views)
ft rt stance.JPG (622.8 KB, 47 views)
rtside3.JPG (751.4 KB, 27 views)
rt side3.JPG (687.8 KB, 55 views)
rtsiderear.JPG (622.5 KB, 40 views)
left front.JPG (487.3 KB, 18 views)
left front 2.JPG (616.6 KB, 20 views)
left rear.JPG (625.8 KB, 15 views)
left rear2.JPG (563.0 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by GenoTex; 06-28-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:14 PM

Here's a picture of mine with the Eibach's and dot 1 pads on the rear and dot 5 pads on the front.

Les

Attached Images
Eibach's.jpg (65.1 KB, 57 views)
Old 06-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my comparison. I installed these with the thinnest spring pads (1 dots both front & rear).

Old 06-28-2010, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by msheredy

Here's my comparison. I installed these with the thinnest spring pads (1 dots both front & rear).
This is the exact stance I'm looking for, where can I get those pads and how much?

Old 06-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you drive your car aggressively at all, go for the SRT option.

You'll save at least $150 and be able to put that towards a good set of camber bars. Then again, you said money is no object.

If you JUST do Eibachs, you'll get a bit of extra negative camber in the rear over the factory stance. Great for handling, bad for tire wear.

Personally, I'm an SRT spring fan. I trust the racers on this forum... and when they REMOVE Eibachs due to increased lap times and instability during hard cornering, that's a sign to me that not all "low" springs are created equally.

Compliant springs are never going to be the fastest ones, just as a soft mattress doens't give the support of a firm one.

And, you can't argue with the stance either

My setup is #2 pads up front, #1 rear, and SRT springs minus oone full coil, with TVT Camber bars in the rear. I'm getting the full laser alignment this week, so everything will be back to perfect factory spec, even at this ride height.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:29 PM

Perhaps I should address the Eibach's from another angle. They perform equal to the SRT-6 stock springs. Yes, that's what I said. They move the center of gravity over an inch lower, ride better, and give the exact same times at the go kart track I use for comparisons. So you don't really lose performance with the springs. The problem is with the lower center of gravity you should pick up corner speed. I did not. When I cut my stock SRT springs to match the Eibach ride height and reinstalled them I picked up 2 seconds as I stated before. The Eibach's are a great upgrade over the limited springs and you won't really lose anything compared with the SRT springs because of the lower center of gravity. I want you to have the full story and understand why the Eibach's can give a good ride and perform equal to SRT springs. They are not bad, but if you are looking to track the car with improved corner speeds and grip, they are not the best springs. Again ... IMO.

Les

Old 06-29-2010, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by BLK04LMTD
If you can do better than $278 shipped I would be more than happy to go through you. That's the price I'm getting them for.

And I don't want to go with the cut SRT springs simply because I don't want the hassle of cutting when I can get the Eibach's and be done with it, I'm not worried about the price differance too much as I have little worries about money right now.

But thanks BoilerUp your input is always valued with this guy.
$271.00 shipped! Plus if you need the camber arms and bolts and pads I can hook you up with those as well.

Springs, 4 pads, bars, and bolts for $505.00 shipped!

Old 06-29-2010, 12:06 PM

Ok, thank you everyone for the input (please don't stop all the input is appreciated), so my opinion is that the SRT springs, which I would have to cut to get the ride height I want, are a hassle. I'm trying to achieve the stance I want with no cutting.

As for cornering my interest is not in track times or cornering quality, as most of my driving is interstate or city driving at <45 MPH and I tend to corner at <20 MPH.

I am modding my XF for the drag strip and am upgrading springs simply to please myself when I look at the car, I hate seeing wheel gap on ANY vehicle.

Vinnie, thanks for shooting me a price. If I do go through you for this purchase I am going to need some detailed instructions and timely delivery. I'm not trying to bag on you or your company but from my research you may have/had some problems in these two areas before.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:45 PM

Good luck with the install, I am sure you will be satisfied.

One thing I find incredibly odd is that you are willing to spend hours and hours tearing apart your suspension to get springs in there, but spending minutes cutting them is too much of a hassle??

(or are you having a shop doing it? That would explain more)

Old 06-29-2010, 02:49 PM

It's best not to cut a spring at all. You never know exactly what spring rate you'll end up with and one will never be exactly the same as the other. Not to mention you can ruin them completely if they get too hot in the process. My cut springs will be coming out eventually, most likely for coilovers. Good luck with the Eibach's and let us know how you like them.

Les

Old 06-29-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by BLK04LMTD
Ok, thank you everyone for the input (please don't stop all the input is appreciated), so my opinion is that the SRT springs, which I would have to cut to get the ride height I want, are a hassle. I'm trying to achieve the stance I want with no cutting.

As for cornering my interest is not in track times or cornering quality, as most of my driving is interstate or city driving at <45 MPH and I tend to corner at <20 MPH.

I am modding my XF for the drag strip and am upgrading springs simply to please myself when I look at the car, I hate seeing wheel gap on ANY vehicle.

Vinnie, thanks for shooting me a price. If I do go through you for this purchase I am going to need some detailed instructions and timely delivery. I'm not trying to bag on you or your company but from my research you may have/had some problems in these two areas before.
The instructions for the camber arms are on the website, we do not offer instructions for the Eibachs. If you are uncomfortable or don't have the right tools, please find a shop that does. We can't stress this enough. Sometimes the money spent on doing the job right the first time saves you a bunch in the long run from doing it again.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
You never know exactly what spring rate you'll end up with
Les, I am under the distinct impression that the SRT springs do not have a progressive spring rate, so it should not matter. Is this not the case?

Old 06-30-2010, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Les, I am under the distinct impression that the SRT springs do not have a progressive spring rate, so it should not matter. Is this not the case?
I don't think our springs have a progressive rate either but even if you cut each spring exactly the same as the next they will turn out a bit different. And I knew beforehand to keep them as cool as possible while cutting them. However my car sits 1/4 inch lower on one side in the rear and I removed the exact amount from each spring. (I have the pieces) Not to mention that the way springs are made they loose some tension when cut. At least that's what I read. If I had a spring tension device I would not be surprised to find a difference from spring to spring after cutting. But on the other hand, I have the lower center of gravity that I was looking for, the car handles much better with the cut springs than with the Eibach's and except for the rear being a touch bouncy, I'm thrilled with the results. I want coilovers in the future to be able to corner balance the car by raising or lowering each corner. Spring experts cringe if you mention cutting a spring. It's most likely for a good reason.

Les

Old 07-01-2010, 09:37 AM

I agree with you, and since I have an NA with 20" rims all around, I am going to use the SRT springs I purchased in an uncut fashion with smaller DOT pads. This will give me roughly a 1" lower stance while maintaining the integrity of the spring. Best of both worlds....

Old 07-01-2010, 05:41 PM

Well seeing as how I am a mechanic myself (ASE certified) I will be doing all the work myself, and Boiler cutting is more of a hassle to me because like stated above you have to insure you have the same ride height on all four. I don't know just sounds to ricey to me haha! :P

I am more of an aftermarket performance guy, I'll dump money where it needs to be to get good quality parts and like I said cutting some used SRT springs just doesn't sound like something I want to bother with and it's not my style.

Quick Reply: Eibach Springs