Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Tine for a new topic!

Old 03-22-2004, 01:22 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tine for a new topic!

OK, I think it is time for a new topic.

How about - I like my Crossfire!! Yea, that sounds like a fun one....

Sorry, but I think it needed to be said after this wild weekend on the forum.....

Or better yet, why don't we all go for a drive. That always makes me feel better!

My only request for this topic is that it does not turn into a flame thread about the car or any members of the forum.....

I hope everyone has a better week!

Old 03-22-2004, 06:04 AM

Very good idea, jsisabella.

Well I Love my car and tomorrow there will be more ponies to Love.

I have to say that my dealer has really gone the extra mile on the 2 occasions that I've taken it in. The first time I took it in was for the radio swap out. The Crossfire tech was waiting for me at the service enterance at my appointment time. He took the car and was done in 15 minutes.

The second time was for scheduled service (first oil change), window switches (wired backward), window adjustment (went up a little too high) and the hatch rattle. Again the tech was waiting for me and my rental car was all ready. I came back that afternoon and all was done and I didn't even have to go to the cashier's window. The Tech pulled the car up and after he explained everything he had done I drove off grinning from ear to ear.

I wish everyone could have the same great experience that I've had so far with this car.

Old 03-22-2004, 07:32 AM

How about I LOVE my Crossfire, although we won't get many testimonials here, most people would rather complain, me included. But my Crossfire has given me nothing to complain about.

I just turned over 1000 trouble free miles and have just really begun to ENJOY the car. Horsed it around the other day dropping the "slap-stick" down into 2nd and flooring it. Feeling those 215 horses in a light car with great grip is a rush. Then proceeded to blow off a new Nissan Altima (with more power in their V6) that wanted to play on the interstate. Unusual traits for me, but the Crossfire just pushes those buttons.

I feel sorry for the FEW that have had problems, not to appreciate this wonderful car is a real bummer.

Old 03-22-2004, 07:53 AM
Default Dukes of hazard moment....

Managed to get 'airborne' in mine! small humped bridge + 65 mph = all four wheels off the road... Landed with a screech & didn't bottom out on the springs...

:twisted:

Old 03-22-2004, 07:56 AM

CCrossfire.... The Nissan may have more power but they don't handle very well. The 350Z has a really bad push when you try to power it through a corner. It has no grip in the front end. It just wants to go straight ahead. They are not at all impressive on an autocross course. The stock Mozda Miatas kick the 350Zs butt. Maybe they should just stick to drag racing. :lol:

Old 03-22-2004, 08:48 AM

I saw a 350z on saturday and wanted to track it down, and then I saw a black crossfire (still with temp tags) and wanted to track it down too. But I couldn't.

Wanna know why? The weather was crummy and rainy and I was driving a trailblazer... :cry:

Old 03-22-2004, 08:51 AM

You know... landho... I have only seen 3 Crossfires on the road and each time I have been in my Explorer.

Old 03-22-2004, 09:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WMichaels
You know... landho... I have only seen 3 Crossfires on the road and each time I have been in my Explorer.
Funny... the only other Crossfire I've seen, I was in my wife's Murano driving through Fredricksburg to go so family in Tappahannock. STILL haven't seen one while I'm in MY Crossfire.

I ran out to the 7-11 the other night for some coffee cream. Being a typical Sat night, there were about a dozen kids standing around they tin can rice burners in the parking lot. When I pulled up, they all immediately stopped what they were doing a drifted over for a look. When I came back out, I was treated to several "Awesome car, dude", "Nice ride", and such statements.

Did I happen to say "I love my Crossfire"???

Old 03-22-2004, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by WMichaels
CCrossfire.... The Nissan may have more power but they don't handle very well.
That's the main reason I've never owned a Japanese car.... even their premium lines have suspensions that are way too bouncy for my tastes.

Old 03-22-2004, 09:58 AM
Forum Regular

David:

I have a similar story from Friday afternoon.

It was raining and as I was leaving a customer site, there were four guys - mid 20's I would guess, standing under the awning in front of the office. They were really talking up the cool car. Then I heard one of them say, "what is it?" I simply said "It is a Chrysler Crossfire." They looked at me and said "How do you know that from here?" I looked them straight in the eye and with a big smile on my face said "Cause it's mine!". Then I walked away. But then I heard one of them say, "He is one lucky guy."

My feelings exactly.......

Old 03-22-2004, 10:13 AM

I ordered the finishing touch for my car yesterday afternoon, personal license plates... AZXFIRE ...and that makes it official, #2815 is a long term keeper (expensive tires and all). :wink: :wink: :wink:

Old 03-22-2004, 10:15 AM

I'm glad to hear it AZ.... For a while there I thought we had lost you.

Old 03-22-2004, 10:31 AM

Nope... planned on staying all along, I just have a different take on some issues than some folks, that's all. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Old 03-22-2004, 11:16 AM

I LOVE MY CROSSFIRE too....

yes you've seen me post on a bad heater blower, and now the shuddering check engine light... but isnt that ALSO what this forum is about... passing along very important information which does absolutely nothing but IMPROVE the owning experience? Not every perceived 'negative' post is negative.....

Old 03-22-2004, 11:44 AM

Okay... who is going to come up with a happy XFire jingle we can all sing???

Old 03-22-2004, 12:25 PM
Forum Regular

I just can't pass this one up.....

Sung to "Old McDonald Had A Farm"

Oh the Crossfire is my car,
E-I-E-I-O
And I love to get in and go and go,
E-I-E-I-O
With a blown tire here,
And some wind noise there,
But I never see another one anywhere,
Oh the Crosasfire is my car,
E-I-E-I-O.

Obviously, it is a slow day at work......

So who has the nerve to do the next lyric?

:-)

Old 03-22-2004, 12:29 PM

It's a slow day for me too.... But I'm not going there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 03-22-2004, 12:37 PM

[quote="Stranded_2004 what this forum is about... passing along very important information which does absolutely nothing but IMPROVE the owning experience? quote]

i agree totally. that's the real meat of this forum. it's not like i can compare notes with my neighbor about his crossfire. so far, the closest one i think i know about is in conroe and that's 40-50 miles. matter of fact, i'm beginning to wonder if this whole crossfire thing isn't a kind of "revenge of the 60's" mental thing. i've never seen one on the road. i halfway expect to get up some morning, go in to the garage and see rod serling sitting on the hood of my neon!!! smiling and smoking.

i don't mind people complaining; that's just more useful information about the car and this forum has reinforced my (self serving) belief that choosing a crossfire shows one to have more class, generally, than the average person. generally.

dan

Old 03-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Forum Regular

Only worry if old Rod Serling is holding a bottle of Schlitz (or was it Pabst Blue Ribbon?) beer and singing my song from above.............

do-di-do-do, do-di-do-do It is hard to type the Twilight Zone music!

Old 03-22-2004, 01:21 PM

I just read the msg from WMichaels about having a hatch rattle and it was fixed. I have the same problem when I am driving over 57 mph and the airfoil is up. Do you know what was fixed on the hatch to stop the rattle? I know I'll have to take it in anyway.

Thanks, Dick

Quick Reply: Tine for a new topic!