Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New to the forum. IL member

Old 07-18-2010, 07:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum. IL member

Hey guys I put up a couple pics with more to come but I just bought an 04 black crossfire with 49k miles on it. It is automatic, came with rims (which have to marks on them as the brand..), a kenwood radio with USB plug everything with the engine look clean and sounds good I just detailed the whole thing myself. The exterior has ding and scratches which are getting fixed this tues had it in writing hen I bought the car. I got to check the weather stripping on the doors for rust which I saw a thread for, anything elae I should check? I am very happy with it and reading more on this site these cars are becoming a tad rare it seems. I can't stop cleaning this thing and it's a real head turner still. Look forward to chatting with you guys! And please help me out on identifying these rims.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: New to the forum. IL member

What area of Illinois are you from? If you bought the car I'm thinking of I have seen it on craigslist. These cars are getting harder and harder to buy but are becoming more common on the road. Anyways welcome to the forum and hope to see more of you. If you are in the Chicago area I would be more than happy to meet up with you sometime. I'm from Griffith, Indiana myself so I'm only about an hour away.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:57 AM

I'm from Elmhurst, IL bought this at Castle Chevy in Villa Park, IL for 10,900 didn't seem bad after we negotiated to fix the exterior. Yea I don't think your far away at all so a meet up could be entirely possible. Anyone else from the Elmhurst area? And check out the pics if you remember the craigslist ad what were they asking for it?

Old 07-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Forum Regular

you bought your 04 for the same price i bought mine except mine had 39k when i bought it about 5 months ago. so i would say you got a good deal. they offered to fix the exterior and i got all new tires thrown in when i bought mine. the car isn't on craigslist anymore but i can look for the rims i thought where on the car.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
motegi056.jpg (81.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-18-2010, 10:37 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome aboard, and congrats on the ride. Black is the best color (when clean). I just went through a full detail job on mine yesterday.

It's nice seeing another Illinois member join.

I hope to see you at our gatherings. Maybe you can join us for Woodward in August.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I must be missing something. I don't see where you put up pics.

There is a cruise night in Naperville on Wednesday nights. You should try to stop in there once in a while.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:22 PM

Pics at up in the gallery under BP11. And Naperville might work every once in awhile.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on a great little car. Black is beautiful but requires lots of attention. Looks like you got a chrome overlay on your grille as well. Welcome to the forum.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:43 PM

Do you mean on the lower grilles? I really don't know what's been modded on the exterior besides the mirrors and rims.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:54 PM

The upper grille. Also looks like chrome mirror covers and clear front side markers. Maybe chrome windshield surround (hard to see, but if it is chrome, it has been added).

Originally Posted by BP11
Do you mean on the lower grilles? I really don't know what's been modded on the exterior besides the mirrors and rims.

Last edited by SRT SIX; 07-18-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:24 PM

A wheels center cap may give a name/hint, other wise see if the name is on the back side of the wheel it's self.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Big Texas welcome to this wonderful forum from the windrestrictor family!

Old 07-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts

Your upper grill has a chrome overlay on it....or it is a chrome grill but most likely just an overlay
autoxclusive.com chrysler crossfire accessory accessories part body kit performa autoXclusive

I got one too...they look great.

As I posted on another thread
I was born in Elmhurst and now live just west of it in Aurora.
Let's GTG some time.
Maybe at
Chicagoland Cruise Nights in Naperville (Wednesday nights)

Old 07-19-2010, 08:21 AM

I had no idea on the grille I thought that is how they came lol. I did take off the mirror chrome covers which were sun damaged I like the look much better with the black mirrors. I put up a few more pics on my gallery, click this link to see them. BP11 Gallery - CrossfireForum.org Gallery . More to follow but I want to wait till I get the exterior done. As far as the rims the caps have nothing on them anymore due to wear or scratches on the center cap. I might have to take the rim off to see if I can get any information on the backside of the rim. It's almost to the condition I wanted it to be in so I just got to remain patient and wait it out. It seems like there is a big debate on CAI/Short Ram for this car too now it seems everything I am looking at is about the SRT versions on CAI, I know they make them for us regular cars...which one would be the best in terms of gains and mpg?

Old 07-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Forum Regular

I looked all over the net for your style rims and I couldn't find a match. Take the wheels off and look at the back side. It might say what brand they are. After that contact the people who make your rims and order some new caps. They might require a picture of the rims. As far as CAI buy the needswings version. They are the best available right now. The most expensive one is best but here is two for you to decide.

NeedsWings Crossfire Naturally Aspirated Dual Cold Air Intake System

NeedsWings Crossfire Naturally Aspirated Cold Air Intake System

Old 07-19-2010, 09:54 AM

I'm not flaming Needswings at all but that is one hella pricey Intake I've never seen them over like 250 and it doesn't seem much different than anything else out there...just saying I'll look into it. The magnaflow/borla exhausts look sweet too.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts

I'm not flaming Needswings at all but that is one hella pricey Intake I've never seen them over like 250 and it doesn't seem much different than anything else out there...just saying I'll look into it. The magnaflow/borla exhausts look sweet too.
Join me and others from this area and come up to the Woodward Dream Cruise & GTG - August 21, 2010.
Only a 5 hour Crossfire convoy ride up near Detroit and you can meet Rob (Owner) of Needswings at this GTG.
Heck he might even give ya a deal on a CAI and install it for ya
He is a extremely knowledgeable guy and produces the highest quality products I assure you.
I have his single CAI and I love it.
I got mine before he designed the Dual CAI.

My pics here of the Needswings Cold Air Intake

Old 07-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Life is random...so am I.

Then again you have to ask yourself.......... how many other CAI's will take about 1/2 second off your quarter mile times?

The NeedsWings WILL definitely do that!

Old 07-19-2010, 12:17 PM

Again not very knowledgeable on this particular car. I have had on 06 Eclipse, and an 02 Tiburon before I bought this as mod cars and they obviously had more of a fan base and modders than we do, that being said it still seems quite steep and I will definitely look into going to a few of these meets. 700 just seems like overkill for the materials that are involved in this kit. But a deal on the kit and installation would be nice haha even though I have already done two myself but this one seems the most challenging with removing parts and repositioning things. I am interested just don't see where that number is coming from that is all I am saying but I am sure it's quality.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Forum Regular

well you only have two choices when it comes to CAI. either needswings or tvt. i would go with needswings. yeah its pricey but if you want the power and these nice people to keep developing parts for us then you should support them for making what aftermarket we have available.

Quick Reply: New to the forum. IL member