Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

My Crossfire is PAID OFF

Old 07-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default My Crossfire is PAID OFF

I made my final payment today... spent the extra 10 bucks and did it over the phone. It is worth every penny for the peace of mind. I will never have to mail another check to them again! I could have waited another month to make the final payment but figured I would get it over with now.

I bought the car new 5 years ago with an extremely low interest rate. I could have paid it off a long time ago but decided to just keep making the payments. Used all that cash for other things... like my engagement ring for my wife and paid for some of our wedding. I never thought I would see the day when I own it free and clear! One less payment each month!

It is one thing to pay off a car... but feels completely different with my crossfire.

When I look at it I am facinated by its beauty. Now when I look at it I will know that it is truly mine!

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 07-23-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Re: My Crossfire is PAID OFF

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
I made my final payment today... spent the extra 10 bucks and did it over the phone. It is worth every penny for the peace of mind. I will never have to mail another check to them again! I could have waited another month to make the final payment but figured I would get it over with now.

I bought the car new 5 years ago with an extremely low interest rate. I could have paid it off a long time ago but decided to just keep making the payments. Used all that cash for other things... like my engagement ring for my wife and paid for some of our wedding. I never thought I would see the day when I own it free and clear! One less payment each month!

It is one thing to pay off a car... but feels completely different with my crossfire.

When I look at it I am facinated by its beauty. Now when I look at it I will know that it is truly mine!
This was a 2nd indepencence day this year for you, it does feel wonderful and you did it the correct way. I had the feeling about 18 months ago on my SRT6. Don't get the new car itch, keep saving the monthly payments for something other than a new car.

Dennis

Old 07-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats !!!

Old 07-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice congrats..

Old 07-23-2010, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by DTMenace
This was a 2nd indepencence day this year for you, it does feel wonderful and you did it the correct way. I had the feeling about 18 months ago on my SRT6. Don't get the new car itch, keep saving the monthly payments for something other than a new car.

Dennis
I have owned cars in the past and got the itch to get a new one. Owed very little money on them and they were almost paid off but I sold them to get a new car. I was never upside down when selling like a lot of people. I was at least smart enough never to do that. I swore I would pay off my crossfire and keep it. Looks like I accomplished that goal.

My car was a daily driver for 4 years. My fifth year of ownership I have only driven it every other weekend. And those drives are really short. So far I have 56K miles and they are adding up REAL SLOW!

Old 07-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, thats quite an accomplishment with all the stuff you had going on. One day I hope to do the same.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:00 PM

Congrats you just paid your off, I on the other hand have NOT made my first payment yet lol.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Forum Regular

How wonderful. Both a Crossfire and a woman you can call your own! What a wonderful situation. It can't get better than that. Congratulations on TWO great accomplishments.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats! You'll get better gas mileage too now that you're not dragging that car payment around.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

They make you pay for BLACK Crossfires? I thought that they were given away!

Woo-hoo! No more payments! Congrats!

Old 07-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Talking Re: My Crossfire is PAID OFF

Congrats!!

I have about 4 more years! Totally worth it- never thought I'd think of a car as sexy!!

XfireAsh

Old 07-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07

Well done, look after the car but most importantly look after the wife.
You can always buy another car but the second wife can get really costly I hear.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

never had a payment on mine had a even swap

Old 07-23-2010, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pacemaker
How wonderful. Both a Crossfire and a woman you can call your own! What a wonderful situation. It can't get better than that. Congratulations on TWO great accomplishments.
What is even better is I have a wife that won't make me sell it (not that I would anyway).

Old 07-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacemaker
You are wrong it can get better, have a good wife and two or more Crossfires.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:28 AM

I must have the best of all! I have the best wife imaginable and two 2008 Crossfire Coupes. Never had a payment for either one. Bought one locally for $22K and the other from Grapevine, Texas for $20K in 2008. One Red and one Gold, both look great, good colors. Just over 5K miles on both. Just back from Seattle and mine, Red Ryder, has nearer 8K now.

Jim

Old 07-24-2010, 05:51 PM

Congrats! I too paid off mine last month. Feels great now that I don't have to make those damn payments anymore. I was fat and happy with the payments until I finally realized exactly how much I was paying in interest (I've had the car almost a year now). After that I said F-this and paid it off.