Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

DC Crossfire Luggage Hotline

Old 03-24-2004, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DC Crossfire Luggage Hotline

On advise from most of you, I emailed DC about not getting my luggage.I got a reply today with a toll free number to inquire about it. If this subject has been discussed, pardon me. I'm still new here..Anyway, I called and the lady answered "Crossfire Luggage" It seems they have their own number. She asked me a few questions like date of delivery and the VIN number. Then she verified my mailing address to make sure it was correct. She said she would may sure my dealer submitted the request paperwork and if so, should expect it within 2 weeks.She also asked for my number so she could contact me if there was any problems. If this goes as well as it sounds, hope to see my luggage soon. If any one needs the number its 866-871-1326 toll free 8am-5pm EST.
According to her, ALL Crossfire's even leased should get it.
Good luck..

Old 03-24-2004, 04:11 PM

Thank you for the number. I need to call them too.

Old 03-24-2004, 06:17 PM

me too! It's been 4 weeks and no luggage! Thanks!

Old 03-24-2004, 06:30 PM

Like the rest of you, I hope this will work. The rep sounded as though she was there to help and was very pleasant. I forgot to mention that the 1st call was picked up by their automated machine. It asked to leave a message and contact number. I did but called back later and talked to a person.
We'll see I suppose...

Old 03-25-2004, 12:02 AM

So, the dealer has to fill out separate paperwork for the luggage?
Not just the car sales report?

Old 03-25-2004, 06:13 AM

My dealer didn't even know anything about the luggage until I showed them. About a week after I got the car I was looking at the booklet that came with the promo CD and on the last page it shows the luggage and says it will be sent to you. My luggage showed up less than a week later. I'm quite sure that it was already on it's way to me when I told the dealer about it.

So.... I conclude that it's triggered by the sales report and not anything extra the dealer has to do (no extra paperwork).

Old 03-25-2004, 08:49 AM
Forum Regular

My dealer was completely amazed that I even knew about the luggage. He told me that D/C thought it would be a nice suprise for it to just show up 1-2 weeks after buying the car. He did not say anything about any special paperwork.

Old 03-25-2004, 09:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jsisabella
My dealer was completely amazed that I even knew about the luggage. He told me that D/C thought it would be a nice suprise for it to just show up 1-2 weeks after buying the car. He did not say anything about any special paperwork.
Amazed? It's on the brochure, the web site, the window sticker...

for what it's worth... DC really lkes me, they sent me two complete sets. His and Hers matching Crossfire Touring Gear, woohoo!

Old 03-25-2004, 09:25 AM
Forum Regular

David:

Last October, when I bought mine, I did not have the CD in advance, and I also did not know about this forum. I saw one small reference on the luggage burried deep in the web site at Chrysler. And to be honest, I was so impressed by the car, that I really did not read the sticker word for word. I knew that the only options were color, tranny, and tires, and what the sticker price was from the web site, so why read it?

Plus, it was only the 2nd Crossfire sold by my dealer.

Does that help to explain it? I hope so.

And you are really lucky to have received two sets!!!!

Old 03-25-2004, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by jsisabella
David:
Does that help to explain it? I hope so.

And you are really lucky to have received two sets!!!!
I didn't mean YOU, I meant your dealer!

sorry.

Old 05-26-2004, 06:07 PM

Before I call my dealer and chew him out, is there anyway I can find out if I should be getting luggage. If I should, is there a certain time window they have to send?

Old 05-26-2004, 06:22 PM

:roll: Look on your sticker for everything it lists. One of the items should be "Touring Gear". If it is listed, then you should be getting the set. We got ours in about 2 - 3 weeks after buying our Crossfire, but I have seen on this forum where it took much longer for others. I don't think chewing your dealer out will help. There is a luggage hotline number you should call, depending upon how long you have waited. Most likely, you will need to leave your name and phone number on a machine.

We have now had our Crossfire for about 7 months and just got another set!!!! Maybe we got yours :wink:

Old 05-26-2004, 06:25 PM

Check your window sticker and you should see touring gear listed. Thats your luggage.I looked at one on the lot Sunday and it was on that one still. You should get it regardless if you are buying or leasing. May want to call the above hotline
and they will help you out. I have heard some owners get their luggage within a couple weeks and others months..Mine took about 4 weeks. Once I called the above number, it arrived in a week. It is worth the wait. Its very well made and looks great.
Good luck.

Old 05-26-2004, 06:27 PM

Sorry Vegas...didn't mean to copy yours..

Old 05-26-2004, 06:51 PM

No Problem - We were both writing it at the same time!! At least we gave him the same info - not conflicting info :wink:

Old 05-26-2004, 07:03 PM

Ok so I checked the sticker and they owe me. I called the hotline but they weren't there. I'm not getting upity yet cuz I've only had my car for 2 weeks but I'm so psyched about getting it. If not for this forum I woulda never known. (Unless they came in the mail anyway). Thanks for all help guys! Oh BTW I can't find pics of the luggage...any ideas? Gracias :lol:

Old 05-27-2004, 01:11 AM

Hi all, new to the forum. Just took delivery on a Graphite/DarkGray AutoStick Crossfire last Wednesday and - so far anyway - have been loving it. First car in a long time that I've actually just hopped in to drive for an hour with no destination in mind! (My wife thinks I'm having a second childhood I fear).

Tripped over the post on the DaimlerChrysler Canada web site where they are giving a 3-piece touring luggage set to everyone who leases or buys a 2004 model. Stopped by my local dealer (Crystal Lake Illinois Crysler) and they claimed they had never heard of this but would see why we were not being offered the same deal.

Found this site and lo and behold here is the answer to my query! Thanks all!

Old 05-27-2004, 07:20 AM

Hi...

Touring gear set showed up withinn 3 weeks of purchase... dealer & I did nothing to get it to show up... in fact... the sales folks didn't even know luggage comes w/ the Crossfire until I told 'em & showed it listed on the window sticker !

Dave...

Old 05-27-2004, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by boomer
Tripped over the post on the DaimlerChrysler Canada web site where they are giving a 3-piece touring luggage set to everyone who leases or buys a 2004 model. Stopped by my local dealer (Crystal Lake Illinois Crysler) and they claimed they had never heard of this but would see why we were not being offered the same deal.
As has been said, it's stated right there on the window sticker. "Touring Gear". You'd think a dealer selling a car would actually LOOK at the window sticker, and go figure out what something like "Touring Gear" is if they didn't know right away.

If YOUR window sticker says "Touring Gear", once your dealer registers the car with D/C as sold, the lugagge should show up automatically within a couple weeks.

Old 05-27-2004, 09:07 AM

I had read the forum and knew I should get the luggage when I
leased my XF at the end of March. But it never came. After
3 weeks I called the luggage hotline. All you can do is leave
a message. After leaving a message on the fourth and fifth week
with no reply, I finally just called Chrysler's regular customer
service.
They were very helpful and tried to contact the hotline.
They have some way of tracking this and within a week I
had my luggage.

Squeaky wheel, I guess....

Quick Reply: DC Crossfire Luggage Hotline