Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

They really really dented my car

Old 04-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Misc

Not that bad

Last edited by Ronman; 12-31-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:cry: GEEZ - that really hurts Sounds like it will be too big to just pop out - but who knows?

Just to let you know - our driver door got so dinged up from rocks being thrown up or a brick or something on the freeway one morning, that we HAD to have it painted. I was so nervous because I figured they would never be able to match the graphite color - but they did!! They did a wonderful job and I don't think that anyone would know it was not the original. (So, for all of you in LV NV, I have a referral for you if you should "sadly" need it).

I hope yours turns out to be fine - I know that until it is fixed, you will feel sick.

Good Luck :wink:

Old 04-04-2004, 06:28 AM

There are artists out there that can easily do a better than factory paint job. It has become easier with metalics today because of the "swirl" sprayers. In addition your car is new so the paint will be easy to match. Try to find a body shop doing custom rods or Ferraris. But getting a dent always sucks.

Old 04-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Forum Regular
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by VegasCrossfire
:cry: GEEZ - that really hurts Sounds like it will be too big to just pop out - but who knows?

Just to let you know - our driver door got so dinged up from rocks being thrown up or a brick or something on the freeway one morning, that we HAD to have it painted. I was so nervous because I figured they would never be able to match the graphite color - but they did!! They did a wonderful job and I don't think that anyone would know it was not the original. (So, for all of you in LV NV, I have a referral for you if you should "sadly" need it).

I hope yours turns out to be fine - I know that until it is fixed, you will feel sick.

Good Luck :wink:
I appreciate everything you said. Its just so hard. I've only had it 2 months. I can't believe how jealous people get or how much of a coward they are after hitting someone's car. See my paint is not scratched but the dent is a straight line that goes across the door and to the adjacent panel around the left rear wheel. I wish they could just use some suction cups to correct it. I will see what everyone tells me Monday morning when I go searching for a solution. Sorry to hear about what they did to your car, people can be so evil sometimes.

Ron

Old 04-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

..Thats why im so paranoid when parking mine. Mine is a weekend only car and usually for cruising or quick shopping (where I can keep an eye on it). Its so sad to hear that people have had their Crossfire 'keyed' or dented on this forum. Only a loser would want to damage something that belongs to someone else and I get so mad thinking of this that I almost would like to see a firing squad before the individuals who damage others property on purpose. There is no excuse for scum who destroys or damages the belongings of others. :evil:

Old 04-05-2004, 08:10 AM

You'd like it in Singapore where people can get the cane for this offense. The law is rareky if ever enforced, but people just don't mess with cars.

Old 04-05-2004, 08:21 AM

We'll, I had my Xfire for 2 months and somebody whacked my door. That god it was able to be fixed with the paintless dent repair. My guy did an excelent job. You couldn't even see it was there.

Just this past Saturday, I came out of Target and on the back corner panel and rear bumber, there's two huge chips with a bunch of scratches. Looks like somebody with a shopping cart just dragged it along the side. Probably going to have to be painted now.

I'd like to show these people what a baseball bat was really made for.

Old 04-05-2004, 09:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Grumpyg
Just this past Saturday, I came out of Target and on the back corner panel and rear bumber, there's two huge chips with a bunch of scratches. Looks like somebody with a shopping cart just dragged it along the side. Probably going to have to be painted now.
Like I said I pretty much don't let mine out of sight. I went into an Electronics store (Rex) Saturday and I found myself peering out the window every few minutes to make sure it is safe from someone taking revenge of someone having somthing nice.

Old 04-06-2004, 08:46 AM

Ronman

I didn't see him do it. It only took him about 30 minutes to have it complete. It cost me $60, but well worth it. The guy did an excelent job. I didn't even know it was there.

Give it a try. If all else fails, call your insurance agent and tell them that your car was vandalised. Don't know if I spelt that right. They night have to repaint it.

Old 12-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Default Re: They really really dented my car

I just got a ding on my crossfire and while reading up on others larger damages maybe from a car or person running into the Xfire ,I have a suggestion. This worked on a Volvo S60 door. I had what looked like a kicked in dent , no paint damage nothing. It was at least a soccer ball size in diameter. I had the idea to use a plundger to pull the entire door back out. It worked! I still had the tiny ding but not enough for volvo to charge me after my lease. Not sure about how damaged your dent is but the suction from the plunger can do some repair. Just be careful cause it work immidately on my repair. I woudn't yank at your door too many times.

Old 12-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Smile Re: They really really dented my car

everyone ought to learn that the answer is to park as far away in the lots from anyone else as you can. then walk! The execise is good for you and your blood pressure will stay a whole lot lower.

Old 12-07-2004, 10:39 PM
Default Re: They really really dented my car

ugh, I am pretty risky with my car i suppose... but it's my daily driver, and my only car, so i kinda have to be. I take it everywhere i need to go, and even park it in my school parking lot every day (with 1,500 some teenagers driving). Pretty scary eh? Lucky for me, most people like my car, and are extra careful about it.
and they know it's not daddys. haha.
And we have camera's, and i'm quite a friendly guy... less you do something stupid, like key my car. Then, i can be... not as friendly.
With reason.

Only time my xfire got damaged was when i was at my buddys party, some guy in his mom's brand new tiburon came rolling up, found out he was at the wrong place, backed out all "cool"... into my front right fender. no fun. It's a bit scratched, so i gotta get that fixed soon. And, my 5th gear isn't catching anymore... it always grinds, like a tooth is missing on the gear or something. I don't know, but i'm taking it into My local chrylser dealership soon (Palace Chrysler Jeep, great place) to get it worked on.
I have my dad's 05 AWD Durango for the horribly crappy road type of snowy days.