Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Interesting cars seen last night

Old 09-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interesting cars seen last night

So my wife an I are shopping last night and when we come out to the car, I see this little go-kart sized thing parked next to her Ford Escape, and I think it's a nice little Lotus Elise. nope, something doesn't look right about it so I go over and OMG it's a Tesla Roadster. first one I've seen in public. pretty little thing, and by little I mean really little. the Cross if next to it would look like a station wagon! Would have loved to get a pic and post but it was dark but if I'd have had my cell phone with I certainly would have tried.

So then I am walking back to the car to leave, and there on the other side is a MB SLK 55 AMG. man, about 260K worth of cars sitting there going shopping! and more than 230 of it isn't ours LOL! And who says the recession ain't over?????

Old 09-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Interesting cars seen last night

I have seen two of them around town. Once, when one was turning in front of me, he very obviously got on it pretty good because the tires were having a hell of a time trying to grip, but it was so odd hearing nothing other than the tires, no big V8 roaring or even a 4 banger screaming, nothing. Kind of eerie.

Here is one from a local car show.....

Old 09-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

Unfortunately the sound of the future. Doesn't the Tesla have a Lotus body?
Pretty soon we will be putting baseball cards on the spokes of our wheels just to make some noise!

Old 09-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

FUNNY, and then well wish we still had them in 30 years (the baseball cards, I mean) not to mention the Crossfires.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool spot, Mark! Was this particular Tesla dark blue? If so, I think it's part of GT Cars' inventory.

I saw a red Ferrari F430 Spider outside one of my favorite bars in Minneapolis last weekend. There was a Mercedes CLS63 in front of it too.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by patpur
Yes it is based on the elise and with a 0-60 of ~3.7, she is quick, but not nearly as cool as another car that was in atendance. Never thought I would get to see one an F40 up close.....

Old 09-30-2010, 01:17 PM

Yes it is based on the elise and with a 0-60 of ~3.7, she is quick, but not nearly as cool as another car that was in atendance. Never thought I would get to see one an F40 up close.....

Old 09-30-2010, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Alzilla
Very cool spot, Mark! Was this particular Tesla dark blue? If so, I think it's part of GT Cars' inventory.

I saw a red Ferrari F430 Spider outside one of my favorite bars in Minneapolis last weekend. There was a Mercedes CLS63 in front of it too.
hey, Alex! No, I think it may have been green (BR) but it might have been dark blue. It was too dark to tell. It was in Edina at the galleria by Crate and Barrel.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pretty soon we will be putting baseball cards on the spokes of our wheels just to make some noise!
Looks like a Lotus body to me!

Old 09-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Boiler I'll have to post a pic of Ferrari Row at our weekly get together. Usually at least a half dozen in attendance. I know little about them so I couldn't tell you the difference between and F-40 and P-37.
I'll post em on Sunday for you. We've already had a new Mercedes gullwing, a few Bentley coupes and a bunch of other stuff that cost way too much money.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:28 PM

Boiler I'll have to post a pic of Ferrari Row at our weekly get together. Usually at least a half dozen in attendance. I know little about them so I couldn't tell you the difference between and F-40 and P-37.
I'll post em on Sunday for you. We've already had a new Mercedes gullwing, a few Bentley coupes and a bunch of other stuff that cost way too much money.
Sounds good Pat, and please shoot some photos of the SLS gullwing as well....

Old 10-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We get a lot of Teslas here in Boulder. Tesla founder Elon Musk's little brother Kimbal also has a Founders Series Tesla and runs a startup here - thanks to him there's a Tesla showroom downtown. They're pretty cars, and Colorado's electric-car credits reduced their price to well under $100,000 (on the taxpayers' dime, but I digress). Different revisions of the car all have different weird issues, though. They're definitely more an early adopter/experimenter's car.

If you get a chance, attend a Cars and Coffee event near you. The local one here (Lafyette, CO) always attracts an eclectic mix of classic and ludicrously pricy vehicles, along with a few jokers dragging Pintos and the like out of their yards. I might take some pictures next time I go.