Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

The Correct Way to Close The Cupholder !!!

Old 11-15-2010, 06:29 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default The Correct Way to Close The Cupholder !!!

Pinch the rear top part using your right thumb and forefinger. (Your thumb will be inside the holder area, and your forefinger will be against the silver portion.) As you pinch this section together, gently fold the cupholder down into the closed position.

From a post by Morlie822.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: The Correct Way to Close The Cupholder !!!

I just use a short piece of two by four and an eight pound sledge hammer. Works for me.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris L.
Pinch the rear top part using your right thumb and forefinger. (Your thumb will be inside the holder area, and your forefinger will be against the silver portion.) As you pinch this section together, gently fold the cupholder down into the closed position.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been applying a small pressure in the rearward direction to the front part of the holder then pushing the back of the holder forward/down. This has been working fine for me. I started doing this about five years ago because I never liked forcing the holder closed. There was always this 'click' that I had to push through until I started the method I am now using.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by RonDace
I've been applying a small pressure in the rearward direction to the front part of the holder then pushing the back of the holder forward/down. This has been working fine for me. I started doing this about five years ago because I never liked forcing the holder closed. There was always this 'click' that I had to push through until I started the method I am now using.
Works this way for me too.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

we have a cupholder?......

Old 12-01-2010, 05:35 PM

Two cupholders,

Old 12-01-2010, 07:14 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RonDace

Works for me too. Figured that one out before I bought the car. I knew forcing it -- that it would only be a matter of time before it broke.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pinch the rear top part using your right thumb and forefinger. (Your thumb will be inside the holder area, and your forefinger will be against the silver portion.) As you pinch this section together, wrap the balance of your fist around the rest of the cupholder. Place second hand around first and also grasp open cupholder (now with two fists). Get on your knees on the passenger seat and twist and lift with all your might until the useless coffee ejector disengages entirely from the counsel. Discard item in your hand. Use gaping hole in counsel to store something useful, or stuff a Beany Baby in same for laughs.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Forum Regular

My theory is, if you don't open it, you don't need to close it!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:28 PM

That's what I thought too when for some reason I got in one day and noticed something hitting my elbow...

I think the first time I used it, the "fangs" penetrated the styrofoam coffee cup, promptly spewing scalding coffee all over my alcantara seats.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegaslegal
Pinch the rear top part using your right thumb and forefinger. (Your thumb will be inside the holder area, and your forefinger will be against the silver portion.) As you pinch this section together, wrap the balance of your fist around the rest of the cupholder. Place second hand around first and also grasp open cupholder (now with two fists). Get on your knees on the passenger seat and twist and lift with all your might until the useless coffee ejector disengages entirely from the counsel. Discard item in your hand. Use gaping hole in counsel to store something useful, or stuff a Beany Baby in same for laughs.
Vegas you have a good plan, If you ever took one off and saw for yourself how small the catch is you would be amazed that it lasted as long as the do.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:10 AM

Mike1118, I like your style now I feel like a wimp because I only use one of them rubber mallots. Now about that ash tray....

Old 03-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris L.

I just bought velcro tape and now I can open and close it without any problems. Oh it was broken when I bought it.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Have to say I also agree with RonDace on this. That little bit of pressure beyond vertical allows you to easily close it. It's really sort of a reverse of opening the thing where you push it a bit farther into the opening in order to make it pop open. Honestly, I've never had a problem with my cup holder, whether holding a bottle of water, my stainless steel travel mug or even a Starbucks Venti Latte.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:47 PM

This is the only cup holder I have ever had that makes me want to use my fist! Just yesterday I was parked next to a SLK with its top down and I stared at its upper dash wondering if it could be used on the Crossfire. It has a cup holder that holds two cups that slides out of the dash.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
This is the only cup holder I have ever had that makes me want to use my fist! Just yesterday I was parked next to a SLK with its top down and I stared at its upper dash wondering if it could be used on the Crossfire. It has a cup holder that holds two cups that slides out of the dash.
Beener has done that. He might have photos of it in his gallery.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Forum Regular

I forgot to close it once, got back in the car, and elbowed it. It popped out, spring went flying and the cup holder landed in the passenger seat.
never cared to fix it. I don't used it.. only that one time. go figure.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:34 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

If you push down on the small black springloaded cupgrabber piece that is attached to the underside of the complete cupholder cover, the whole assembly collapses and drops down into the armrest very easily.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Beener has done that. He might have photos of it in his gallery.
TA DA. Fits well in my auto, coupe. Ohh and before anyone says anything about the siver lighter, it has been replaced with a black one from a base coupe.

Quick Reply: The Correct Way to Close The Cupholder !!!