Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Ever been pulled over for doing the speed limit?

Old 11-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Re: Ever been pulled over for doing the speed limit?

Originally Posted by Chris L.
Maybe you should report the cop for harassment or something?

Ageism is as bad as racism. Lots of young men and women doing positive things for community and country, and they catch all holy hell for it.

One night a few years back my wife got pulled over in her Jaguar XJS because the county mounties thought it unusual a middle aged professional African American woman would be driving that kind of car :angry:

They detained her 45 minutes while they ran the plates to make sure the car wasn't stolen ... computers were running slow that night, they said ... they did let her go behind the bushes to pee though.

They did teach her a lesson that night, though. She only drives in the daytime now.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Ever been pulled over for doing the speed limit?

Your case is a lot worse than mine! I'm sorry that happened to your wife. I say who cares what people drive. I seen a person my age a few months back driving a Ferrari F430. I got to admit I was pretty jealous but I was a good sport about it and gave him the thumbs up.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Received 566 Likes on 475 Posts

[quote=Chris L.]Maybe you should report the cop for harassment or something?

Photo unrelated to conversation, sorry.[quote]

Off topic maybe, but I like the direction she is pointing us in.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Received 566 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by Cody M
He definitely has issues with my family but I have had the car for a while now and he hasn't messed with me at all. I still can't figure out why he had the attitude and then let me go with a warning. This guy is in his 50's. You would think being "chief of police" he would have better things to do with his time. It is close to the holidays so maybe he was trying to get me for something else. I don't really know but I will definitely be more careful around my area.
Maybe he sees you as the devils spawn, in which case a "Support law enforcement' bumper sticker may be the answer, 'course he could think your taking the p!ss.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Maybe he sees you as the devils spawn, in which case a "Support law enforcement' bumper sticker may be the answer, 'course he could think your taking the p!ss.
LOL I like that one but knowing my luck it will just **** him off even more.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:46 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris L.
Maybe you should report the cop for harassment or something?

Photo unrelated to conversation, sorry.
Forget the conversation, lets get back to the photo......and don't be sorry!!!!!!!.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Re: Ever been pulled over for doing the speed limit?

I am 43 and I got pulled over in september by the local P.D. for Pulling out into traffic Aggressivly and then Leaving a Right turn stop Sign Quickly! When I pulled over He looked at Me and said" OH! I thought You Were Much Younger." "Take It easy Out Here." I said " Thanks, I think?

Herman

Old 11-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's your age, nothing more. Don't make it right, just the way it is. When I was your age I had a Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pak. I used to get tailgated by cops trying to coax me into doing something stupid, would follow me for miles for no reason, pulled over just to check license & reg. It never ended. Now, they couldn't care less.

Tired

Old 11-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never been pulled over for doing the speed limit. Then again, I doubt I have ever done the speed limit.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How about writing a little note/letter and dropping it in his mailbox. Dear Chief _____________, Just wanted you to know that although my 2 uncles were hellraisers of the street back in the days, I do not street race nor do I think that it is O.K. to do that. I work hard and have earned this great little car of mine; but just because it looks fast and racey doesn't mean I street race. I can't afford tickets so I try to always maintain within the limits. I was very distressed about you pulling me over the other day, and just wanted to express my feelings to you about this. I hope you understand this.
Sincerely, Cody M.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Joliet John
I've never been pulled over for doing the speed limit. Then again, I doubt I have ever done the speed limit.
Yup....same here !!

Old 11-20-2010, 10:20 PM

Had that experience last weekend! I think the local officer was surprised to see that I wasn't a kid and I was a female driving a fast car! Traffic stop was complete in 5 minutes with the officer doing more looking at the car than practicing his penmanship...........

Lori-Ann

Old 11-21-2010, 07:51 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dinasrt
How about writing a little note/letter and dropping it in his mailbox. Dear Chief _____________, Just wanted you to know that although my 2 uncles were hellraisers of the street back in the days, I do not street race nor do I think that it is O.K. to do that. I work hard and have earned this great little car of mine; but just because it looks fast and racey doesn't mean I street race. I can't afford tickets so I try to always maintain within the limits. I was very distressed about you pulling me over the other day, and just wanted to express my feelings to you about this. I hope you understand this.
Sincerely, Cody M.
I'm pretty sure it has to do with my age but it still doesn't make it right. I like your idea of a letter but he won't be getting one from me just because of the way he acted. If he was more civil about it and not trying to purposely scare the crap out of me then maybe I would even though I did nothing wrong. I come from a family where most of the guys are into cars. My grandfather had a talk with me and said "I trust your judgment in driving..... you have never caused an accident or had a ticket and that's really good at your age....... I want you to drive that car however you want." My grandfather is a big inspiration to me when it comes to cars and he likes to drive his cars hard. He is actually the one who pointed me in the direction of the Crossfire. I was originally looking into buying a Mazda RX-8 but I had concerns over the reliability of the engine but I couldn't think of another car I wanted and my grandfather says "why not a Chrysler Crossfire..... they are a great car." Found one locally and took it for a test drive and bought it on the spot with no regrets what so ever. I always knew about the Crossfire but it had slipped my mind cause I knew the price they cost new and I figured this kind of car was well out of my reach but sure enough with a little research I could easily afford one of these. I drive the Crossfire and my grandfather drives the Mazda MX-5 and we usually will head out to the country roads together and toy around with each other on the twists. Cause of my grandfather I will be a car guy for life.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Make sure the Chief isn't watching you and your Grandad up in a helicoptor when you go out street racing/playing. LOL He's on to you and your Gramps. "You play you pay."

Old 11-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Forum Regular

Oh we go out of his area completely. We usually head a good 50 miles south of where I'm located and where there a very few cars on the road but maybe one day we will get caught.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm, let's see -
Q: Have I ever gotten at ticket for driving the speed limit?
A: No, i never drive the speed limit so its impossible

Kidding of course.

Sorry to hear about the troubles but since you're 20 and are clearly proud of your ride (and you should be) here's some advice. If you dress up your car to look like a street racer (even if you're not) you're gonna get attention. Attention you want and attention you don't want, so make you're choices wisely and anticipate the resulting attention.

If you weren't speeding or racing, he's probably just fed up with having to deal with the racer culture and if you put yourself in his shoes, I'm sure its getting old fast. However, having been stopped many times (damn it), there is a level of professionalism that police need to demonstrate when interacting with the public. If your description is accurate, he failed in that regard, but in the end you didn't get a citation, so live and learn.

Nice to meet you btw...hope things get better with your neighbor.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in driving school once (one of many) to keep a ticket off my record. Everyone had to say why they were there. If it was for speeding, they had to say what the speed limit was, what the speed on their ticket was, and what speed they were really going.

One guy, driving his Prius, got a ticket for 36 in a 35. The cop told him the reason he pulled him over was because when he (the Prius driver) turned the corner, the cop heard him "Really get on it!" ... huh?

Even the cop teaching the class, who said he never second guesses or bad mouths other cops, said he thought that particular cop was a moron.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Hmm, let's see -
Q: Have I ever gotten at ticket for driving the speed limit?
A: No, i never drive the speed limit so its impossible

Kidding of course.

Sorry to hear about the troubles but since you're 20 and are clearly proud of your ride (and you should be) here's some advice. If you dress up your car to look like a street racer (even if you're not) you're gonna get attention. Attention you want and attention you don't want, so make you're choices wisely and anticipate the resulting attention.

If you weren't speeding or racing, he's probably just fed up with having to deal with the racer culture and if you put yourself in his shoes, I'm sure its getting old fast. However, having been stopped many times (damn it), there is a level of professionalism that police need to demonstrate when interacting with the public. If your description is accurate, he failed in that regard, but in the end you didn't get a citation, so live and learn.

Nice to meet you btw...hope things get better with your neighbor.
Great to meet you Senna! By the way great name! I'm assuming your making the reference to the Formula 1 driver. Anyways about the making your car look like a street racer. I know what your getting at but I wasn't going for a street racer look even though that's what it may come off as. I actually have the stock rims on right now and thats how I got pulled over lol. Where I live there is a big street racing culture with a lot of younger kids but I don't associate myself to those groups. I don't consider my car to be a race car but when people ask me if I do race it I just tell them it's a cruiser cause that's what it is to me right now.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Joliet John
I was in driving school once (one of many) to keep a ticket off my record. Everyone had to say why they were there. If it was for speeding, they had to say what the speed limit was, what the speed on their ticket was, and what speed they were really going.

One guy, driving his Prius, got a ticket for 36 in a 35. The cop told him the reason he pulled him over was because when he (the Prius driver) turned the corner, the cop heard him "Really get on it!" ... huh?

Even the cop teaching the class, who said he never second guesses or bad mouths other cops, said he thought that particular cop was a moron.
That's really funny but after what happened to me I completely believe it.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sunflowrrz
Had that experience last weekend! I think the local officer was surprised to see that I wasn't a kid and I was a female driving a fast car! Traffic stop was complete in 5 minutes with the officer doing more looking at the car than practicing his penmanship...........

Lori-Ann
Wooda, Shooda, Cooda! Never happens to me.

Oops!

A state trooper pulls over a car for speeding and the female driver says "I guess you want to sell me some tickets to the Trooper's Ball?" The trooper responded, "Troopers don't have *****, ma'am." After he realized what he said, he simply walked back to his car and drove away.

Quick Reply: Ever been pulled over for doing the speed limit?