Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

new h&r 12mm spacers

Old 04-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default new h&r 12mm spacers

crossfire with new h&r 12mm spacers...the car has also been lowered about 2 inches.

Old 04-23-2004, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks Yummy.

Old 04-23-2004, 09:23 PM

Looks really sweet bro!! but I have a question about the h&r 12mm spacers what do they do ? space the springs out more? I know you lowered it and all but I'm just unsure what the spacers do

Old 04-23-2004, 09:35 PM
Administrator
Default spacers

Originally Posted by BobaFettm
Looks really sweet bro!! but I have a question about the h&r 12mm spacers what do they do ? space the springs out more? I know you lowered it and all but I'm just unsure what the spacers do
spacers actually move/push the rim & tire outward toward the edge of the fender lip area therefore allowing the rim to be near flush with the wheel well edge. this eliminates the rim & tire from being recessed in the well wheel. the spacer attaches between the hub and the rim.

Old 04-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Forum Regular

You easily have the best looking Crossfire I've seen.

Old 04-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by MARK_UK
You easily have the best looking Crossfire I've seen.
thank you!

Old 04-24-2004, 09:12 PM

The vehicle looks great! Even more sophisticated.

However, my only question: Does this cause more road debris to be thrown on to exterior body parts, especially along the lower front fender panels & doors?

Old 04-24-2004, 09:36 PM
Administrator
Default protection

Originally Posted by Judy

However, my only question: Does this cause more road debris to be thrown on to exterior body parts, especially along the lower front fender panels & doors?
i have 3M clear film protection (invinca-shield.com) on the entire rocker panel...behind the front tire on the fender...two pieces in fornt of the rear tires and two pieces behind the rear tire for added rock chip protection. cheers!

Old 04-25-2004, 09:35 PM

Looks even better in person! Good job mate!

Old 04-25-2004, 09:55 PM
Forum Regular

That look great!

I would bottom out on the speed humps (humps not bumps) at my local grocery store so I guess mine stays as it is.

-marc

Old 04-25-2004, 10:05 PM
Default Re: protection

Originally Posted by andrew

i have 3M clear film protection (invinca-shield.com) on the entire rocker panel...behind the front tire on the fender...two pieces in fornt of the rear tires and two pieces behind the rear tire for added rock chip protection. cheers!
That sounds like a good solution. Is the 3M film noticable? Does or can it discolor over time? Is it removable? & most of all, is it difficult to apply?
I know this is somewhat off the subject, but of real interest.

Thanks

Old 04-25-2004, 10:59 PM
imported_mightyjlr

That looks nice. I just lowered mine this weekend, with the Eibachs and the Koni's as well. After looking at the 12mm spacers, I think I'm going to go with 20mm in the back and 15 or 12 in the front. Looks great though.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by mightyjlr
That looks nice. I just lowered mine this weekend, with the Eibachs and the Koni's as well. After looking at the 12mm spacers, I think I'm going to go with 20mm in the back and 15 or 12 in the front. Looks great though.
20mm in the rear and 15mm in the front the rims will stick out way too far. trust me on this one. you want 12mm rear and 10mm in the front for the perfect look.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Administrator
Default Re: protection

That sounds like a good solution. Is the 3M film noticable? Does or can it discolor over time? Is it removable? & most of all, is it difficult to apply?
I know this is somewhat off the subject, but of real interest.

Thanks
it is very very difficult to apply...one must have lots of experience.

Stongard Installation Instructions
Items needed:

1. New large plastic spray bottle
2. Rubbing alcohol
3. Glass cleaner
4. Water
5. Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo (allows you to pull up and re-apply SG for flaws or bubbles during install)
6. Scissors
7. Heat gun / blow dryer
8. Razor blades
9. Minimum of 2 people to install (required for large pieces)
10. Lots of patience!

Step-by-Step Instructions:

1. Use factory touch-up paint on any stone chips, apply with a toothpick. Allow paint to dry thoroughly.
2. Apply glass cleaner to paint surface, allow glass cleaner to soak. Re-spray and remove with a lint free towel. This removes any dead bugs on the paint surface.
3. Apply straight rubbing alcohol on a towel, apply to paint surface where Stongard (SG) will be applied. This removes any remaining wax.
4. Mix solution: 1/2 water, 1/2 rubbing alcohol, and a cap full of Johnson & Johnson's Baby Shampoo. Shake well.
5. Use scissors to cut out all pieces of SG from backing paper.
6. Start with smallest pieces first.
7. Saturate first area where SG will be applied on the car.
8. Spray finger tips with solution to avoid leaving print on the film.
9. Remove SG from paper and saturate adhesive side of film with solution, re-spray car surface. The wetter the better.
10. Line up SG, and saturate front of film.
11. Squeegee from the inside/out, pushing bubbles outward to the edge of the film.
12. Pull up if necessary to remove flaws, re-soak and re-squeegee.
13. Repeat for each piece.
14. Use heat gun/blow dryer for adhering loose edges. Squeegee. Be careful not to wrinkle film by using too much heat.
15. Apply largest pieces last.
16. Keep all surfaces wet/saturated at all times, until set in place.

Flaws will be present after installation, don't be alarmed. Park the car in the direct sunlight to aid with flaw removal. Don't be judgmental until at least a week after installation. Almost all flaws with evaporate with time.

Some trimming may be required on the edges. Use a razor blade to lightly score SG, lift edge and remove excess SG. Don't push too hard when trimming, you may damage, scratch or etch the vehicles paint.

Old 05-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: new h&r 12mm spacers

crossfire with new h&r 12mm spacers...the car has also been lowered about 2 inches.
the 2' drop looks great as does the spacers. whats total$ & do tires wear funny. dan root

Old 05-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Administrator
Default cost

i used eibach springs (pro kit) and koni adjustable shocks. the ride is near factory with tighter steering response...much less sway in the corners and crisp rebound over the bumps. no more excessive well wheel gap between the tires and the fenders. i love it.

Old 05-09-2004, 10:57 AM

I'm going to add the springs once my local tire shop gets the springs in from Eibach... I know the Eibach can improve the handling for turns and lowers the car... but the springs... why did you add them? did they add more handling also? I thought the CF rides the road really well

Old 05-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by BobaFettm
I'm going to add the springs once my local tire shop gets the springs in from Eibach... I know the Eibach can improve the handling for turns and lowers the car... but the springs... why did you add them? did they add more handling also? I thought the CF rides the road really well
you mean "but the shocks"?

Old 05-10-2004, 12:42 PM

Yeah that was my question. Do you really need to get the aftermarket shocks or think it will be okay with just the springs.

Old 05-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by FerrariVdub
Yeah that was my question. Do you really need to get the aftermarket shocks or think it will be okay with just the springs.
it's fine to run just the lowering springs...i did so for a couple months. i know a couple others who are doing the same with the crossfire. i added the koni shocks for a crisper rebound...when hitting a dip in the freeway...i like the car to rebound promptly without any sense of float.

Quick Reply: new h&r 12mm spacers