Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Cost To Turbo charge A Crossfire?

Old 01-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cost To Turbo charge A Crossfire?

I could do a search for this and I know there are many threads already... but it is much more fun to ask the question.

If I wanted to give my car the power like an SRT, what is the best way to do it without breaking the rules. Here are the rules. No V8 Conversion. And no nitrous. Remember that money is no object. So now what would you do?

I read something about kleeman and the cost could be 10K. Is this true? And how much horsepower would you get from that?

Old 01-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Cost To Turbo charge A Crossfire?

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
I could do a search for this and I know there are many threads already... but it is much more fun to ask the question.

If I wanted to give my car the power like an SRT, what is the best way to do it without breaking the rules. Here are the rules. No V8 Conversion. And no nitrous. Remember that money is no object. So now what would you do?

I read something about kleeman and the cost could be 10K. Is this true? And how much horsepower would you get from that?
It'll cost you $100 and 60 minutes
Electric Superchargers from SC Industries, the only quality Supercharger on the net!

Old 01-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If money is no object, why the prohibition against a V8? After seeing and riding in Lantana's, that would definately be the way I would go.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Forum Regular

Why ask how much if money is no object

Old 01-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is hard to put a price tag on 1 off performance parts. I have $10,000 to $15,000 in to my turbo-kit over the past 2 years. As we speak my kit is being re-done with new intake manifolds, intercooler, intercooler piping, turbocharger and downpipe. It would probably be cheaper to buy one already done if there was such a thing. As of right now I think I am the only single turbo and there is a twin-charged SRT-6 and I think a few STS rear mount cars.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:13 PM

~double post~

Old 01-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Rudy was offering a SRT6 engine in a na for <$10,000.
I would think that or trade your car and buy an SRT6.
If money is no object then maybe Rudy could charge you $15,000.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:00 PM

I was trying to avoid a V8 conversion.... seems like a bigger hassle and I was always under the impression it would be best to swap the other comoponents (rear and transmission) when doing that. I was just looking for a simple solution to add a significant amount of power without swaping the engine to an SRT or a V8. I browsed something called Kleeman and read it was expensive. Just got me wondering.

I love my car and don't want to make any major alterations to it. Just thought there was an easy and expensive way to get a bigger boost.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:10 PM

Cost no object ??? Then here ya go !

High Performance Car Parts & Services | Motorwërks of Houston

Old 01-11-2011, 03:20 PM

.............................. Just thought there was an easy and expensive way to get a bigger boost.
When you find the Holy Grail, patent it and a lot of the na owners will beat a path to your door.
But do not hold your breath.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:36 PM
PNA

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Really? Has anyone done this? What are the implications? 30 hp for $100 would be a sweet deal. Is this along the lines of the farce a performance chip claims?

Old 01-11-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by PNA
Really? Has anyone done this? What are the implications? 30 hp for $100 would be a sweet deal. Is this along the lines of the farce a performance chip claims?
Total farce, don't do it. Total joke just like my signature.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by PNA
Do not be in a hurry to buy one of these as they have specials every so often and you get the second one for half price. So that's $150 for 60 hp.
It is best to add a better battery and an upgraded alternator to get the full benefit.
Sometimes they throw in a free bonus chip as well, and that puts you right up there with the na Crossfire in performance if you ignore the loss due to the added weight.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Kleeman did have a supercharger for the V6 but I don't believe it is still available. Based on what you are saying. I would give a call to Andrew Atwood at Atwood European in Phoenix AZ 602-287-9666. He told me he could cut down the intake/intercooler plenum that he uses on the V8's to supercharge a V6. I am planning on getting his V8 kit for my car in the next month or so. if you call him tell him the guy with the V8 Crossfire sent you and that he mentioned to me he could do this. His tuner seems to be very good and can do all tuning in the ECU. They have figured out how to teach your stock ECU to read boost. He has his system on two if his personal cars. One is a SL500 with 385rwhp and a 2001 E55 with 435rwhp. His is getting these V8's right up there with the 55 Kompressor engine so he should be able to get your Crossfire right up there with the SRT/AMG32 engine. it would be worth calling him. Here is picture of his E55.

Last edited by LantanaTX; 01-11-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PNA
eRAM works much better. Here is my favorite thread on the subject. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-ram-help.html

space_shuttle_launch.jpg

Old 01-11-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
Kleeman did have a supercharger for the V6 but I don't believe it is still available. Based on what you are saying. I would give a call to Andrew Atwood at Atwood European in Phoenix AZ 602-287-9666. He told me he could cut down the intake/intercooler plenum that he uses on the V8's to supercharge a V6. I am planning on getting his V8 kit for my car in the next month or so. if you call him tell him the guy with the V8 Crossfire sent you and that he mentioned to me he could do this. His tuner seems to be very good and can do all tuning in the ECU. They have figured out how to teach your stock ECU to read boost. He has his system on two if his personal cars. One is a SL500 with 385rwhp and a 2001 E55 with 435rwhp. His is getting these V8's right up there with the 55 Kompressor engine so he should be able to get your Crossfire right up there with the SRT/AMG32 engine. it would be worth calling him. Here is picture of his E55.

Just curious... how much do you think it would cost? What is the price range? 6K 8K 10K?

Old 01-11-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
eRAM works much better. Here is my favorite thread on the subject. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-ram-help.html

Dear GOD that was a funny thread! Im confused, seems to me putting in a turbo would be just as hard as a simple engine swap. If our cars came with a v8 in the first place they would of been one of the automotive worlds all time great cars.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:17 PM

Just curious... how much do you think it would cost? What is the price range? 6K 8K 10K?
About the middle number and it will out perform the Kleeman. They are already getting better performance than the Kleeman on the V8's. Best to call and talk to him.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the High-Jack.... anything is possible with deep pockets (not me though)
Would it be a major undertaking to put in any of the following Chevy Engines... LS1/LS2/LS6/LS3.... with the ability to use HP Tuners..... more curious than anything else.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by XFire-GTO
Sorry for the High-Jack.... anything is possible with deep pockets (not me though)
Would it be a major undertaking to put in any of the following Chevy Engines... LS1/LS2/LS6/LS3.... with the ability to use HP Tuners..... more curious than anything else.
Good question. You can get a stand alone GM ECU to run the engine but I am not sure how the rest of the car would work. There are multiple computers that all share data over the CAN. If I was going with a non MB motor, I would use a Chrysler Hemi since at least they use the same type of trransmission that is in our cars. Personally I think a MB V8 is easiest. I think you would be shocked at the performance you get with just a MB 500 engine. A n/a 55 would more than enough for almost anyone.

Quick Reply: Cost To Turbo charge A Crossfire?