Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Some questions from a potential buyer..

Old 04-28-2004, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some questions from a potential buyer..

Well, finally decided to register and post here.

I've honestly never been a car guy. But the first time I saw the CF, I knew I had to have one. Now, im finally in a position where I can afford one.

Just a few questions I was wondering about...

1. How much did you pay for your CF? (Lease or buy and how much do you pay per month?)

2. What are the insurance rates on the CF?

3. How does it handle in icy/snowy conditions?

4. What do you like most about your CF?

5. What do you like the least?

6. Do you ever regret buying your CF?

Thanks!!

Old 04-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't answer 1-2 because it would be no use to you as I live in Scotland.

Don't know about 3 at the moment.

5) I like the looks, the postive attention, and the flexabilty of the car (If I want to race it, its got the power and the handleing. If I want to just curse its got the lux and somothness) a good compermise.

6) have no regreats and I traded a 330ci sport BMW for the car

Old 04-28-2004, 10:29 AM

1. I've had mine for awhile. At that time they wouldn't go much below MSRP. I would think that most dealers would do something for 04 year end close outs.
2. Less than the Lincoln this replaced.
3. Many of us are all season Northern drivers. Some change to nobby tires and some add some rear weight for winter. I didn't this year but might next.
4. I don't get into it. I put it on.
5. Not enough storage for all of my wifes crap.
6. Not even when the snow was up to my butt.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:38 AM

4. I don't get into it. I put it on.
I like that. Well said.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Forum Regular

Thunderwulf:

First of all, WELCOME!!!

Your questions are valid, and most have been discussed at length in other posts. You may want to try the search function at the top of the screen.

But here is a short response....

Most people that purchased before 2004, paid sticker price, and some paid above that. Incentives have dropped the price quite a bit. You can currently buy a new vehicle for right around $30K. Payments are all over the place, based upon trade in, cash down, etc.

Insurance rates are also all over the place, based on age, location, and driving history. Mine personally did not go up much from a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse, until I had an incident that took out two wheels and tires. That gave them the excuse to hike it up.

This is not a 4WD vehicle, but if you buy some snow tires and use common sense, it will get you through the winter. I was good for all but 2 days.

The styling and handling is what attracted most buyers, and are still favorite points.

There was a list of things that people thought should be on the car, all of which were personal comfort items.

Regrets? NO WAY!!! This is the best and most fun car I have ever owned.

Go buy it.......

:lol:

Old 04-28-2004, 10:49 AM

:lol: :lol: And the most fun is .... you get all of us thrown in for free :lol:

Old 04-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Default potential buyer

you also get to watch all those people that walk into lamp-posts, fall down holes, trip, and get run down by trucks, whilst looking at you. :shock: not you THE CAR :P
i have owned my graphite auto for 1 month today and i am in love for ever just i problem the baggy drivers seat. :x the dealer is going to replace it . also see my album for advertising in the uk (drool & rear)

Buy one before they have ALL Gone.

Old 04-28-2004, 11:25 AM

Welcome to the family!

1. In November '03 - lease for $399/mo $0 down.
2. Painful, very painful. $293/mo, FULL coverage, 0 deductable, 0 tickets, 0 accidents - single female under 25.
3. no snow yet!
4. style, style and more style
5. can't fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the boot...
6. NO regrets - and she was an impulse buy. Didn't even test drive...

Old 04-28-2004, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tdancer2
Welcome to the family!

15. can't fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the boot...

clearly, the fault here is not with the car, it's the driver. you've chosen the wrong sport! :shock:

pool is much better since the sticks fit very nicely in the back and you get a lot more exercize. i'm yet to see a player riding an electric cart from the corner pocket to the side pocket. well, buddy hall might but i haven't seen it yet :lol: :lol:

dan

Old 04-28-2004, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by houstondan
clearly, the fault here is not with the car, it's the driver. you've chosen the wrong sport! :shock:
dan
Hehe. I think I'll stick with the sport that my boss plays... seems to be working well for me.

But, I've been known to shoot a little pool on the weekends. So, there is hope for me yet. 8)

Old 04-28-2004, 10:09 PM

1) $299 month plus tax for 39 months. $2500 driveoff including license and registration.

4) Brakes on a dime, sticks to the ground like gum to asphalt, amazing build quality, concept looks, cozy interior.

5) Two small issues. The doors need to open up wide to get out. There is a blind spot when backing out of parking spots.

6) I hate to say this. I wish I would have never signed on the dotted line. After I purchased this vehicle I receive more attention than Michael Jackson. I had to file restraining orders on behalf of my crossfire for numerous stalkers. Just a mess I tell you. No need to go into show biz if you want to turn heads.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Some questions from a potential buyer..

1. How much did you pay for your CF? (Lease or buy and how much do you pay per month?)

Financed for 5 years, 4% interest at $600 per month (paid 30k with Autostick)

2. What are the insurance rates on the CF?

Lower than my 2001 Neon R/T (that my wife drives now) Actually both cars add up to $133 per month!!! :lol:

3. How does it handle in icy/snowy conditions?

You need the all season tires if you will be in those conditions. If I had bad weather I would drive a junker on those days and keep the Crossfire tucked away for nice days 8)

4. What do you like most about your CF?

Driving it AND watching people look at you like you are in a ferrari.

5. What do you like the least?

um..... Most will agree that the inside has more plastic than it should. It looks very cool but should have been made out of metal.......also the fins on the side should have been metal also. Im thinking an aftermarket company will produce somthing to replace the plastic with better stuff. NOTE: 350Z/RX8 has way cheaper inside so im very happy with my Crossfire!!!

6. Do you ever regret buying your CF?

No Regrets!! Love it and think about it often. My wife says im obsessed with it but ive always wanted a unique car that you don't see at every red light. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final note: Its not a car that you can just thrash about in and just park anywhere like a Honda or whatever. Well you could but it would be a shame for such a nice car. You sure don't want to hit a curb and ruin a tire because it can happen and they are expensive. Mine is a weekend toy although many on here drive theirs daily. Oil changes are more expensive than a 'regular' car and you need to keep in mind that it is a European car so it needs quality service and parts. Can't go to "Bubba-lube" and expect proper service for this car. If you have owned a Bimer, Benz or Euro car then you know this already. If you still need a push then JUST DRIVE ONE......at that moment, you will know!!!!

Old 04-29-2004, 09:54 AM

Yea, im starting to seriously look at it. Im not sure If I should just buy or lease.

The only thing I worry about with a lease is the miles restriction.

Does someone know the exact lease terms? Im having trouble finding it.

From what I gather its usually 12k p/year. 39 mos.

anyone know the price per mile over?

Old 04-29-2004, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Thunderwulf
Does someone know the exact lease terms? Im having trouble finding it.

I was offered 15K/yr and ...ummm... Hell, I'd have to look up what the overage cost was.

Found it -- 15 cents a mile.

Old 04-29-2004, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Trick

Mine is at 1k p/month for 39 months, so actually 39,000 miles on the lease. 20 cents per mile after that. $300 to terminate the lease and walk away at the end (so about one more payment).

Old 04-29-2004, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Thunderwulf
There is no "standard" per mile over charge. It's dependent on some sooper secret formula each individual leasing company uses.

Old 06-10-2004, 06:14 PM

Haven't picked mine up yet

Got a 0$ down (first payment, taxes and DMV), $299/mo, 18k mi/year 39mo lease on a 2004 Limited.

Have a good friend (management) at a dealership.

Old 06-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Banned

Where do you live and who do i have to&^^&^to get that,i think i'd wait and get a deal on the SRT!I'll still^%&*& for that.Let me know!!

Old 06-13-2004, 09:48 PM

Where do you live and who do i have to&^^&^to get that,i think i'd wait and get a deal on the SRT!I'll still^%&*& for that.Let me know!!
Man, I hate to think what he'd do for some thing he really wants!

Old 06-14-2004, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tdancer2
Welcome to the family!

1. In November '03 - lease for $399/mo $0 down.
2. Painful, very painful. $293/mo, FULL coverage, 0 deductable, 0 tickets, 0 accidents - single female under 25.
3. no snow yet!
4. style, style and more style
5. can't fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the boot...
6. NO regrets - and she was an impulse buy. Didn't even test drive...

#5 You can fit two sets of clubs in if you take the woods out and lay them on top of the bags :-)

Quick Reply: Some questions from a potential buyer..