CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   injector question (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/48487-injector-question.html)

Crossfire725 03-06-2011 09:30 PM

Re: injector question

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
I am 99.9% sure they will fit. I remember when I pulled my V6 out that the fuel injectors looked exactly the same as the ones in my V8. the only difference was a difference in color which is a color coding for their fuel rate.

would you concider the clk320 injectors as an upgrade compared to the limited?

LantanaTX 03-06-2011 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Crossfire725
would you concider the clk320 injectors as an upgrade compared to the limited?

They should be the same injector. What color are your stock injectors and what color are the ones you just bought? I would have also thought the 430 injector would be the same since the displacement of each cylinder is the same between the 320 and 430 engine. I think my 500 engine has blue injectors.

Crossfire725 03-06-2011 09:38 PM

think my xfire was blue or greenish. these were like a orange

They should be the same injector. What color are your stock injectors and what color are the ones you just bought? I would have also thought the 430 injector would be the same since the displacement of each cylinder is the same between the 320 and 430 engine. I think my 500 engine has blue injectors.

Crossfire725 03-06-2011 09:51 PM

click the link in the 1st post

Crossfire725 03-06-2011 10:03 PM

this talks about the 430 injectors being a improvement and an upgrade for the crossfire

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c-clas...?ref=ccm-ext-3

downwardspiral 03-06-2011 11:52 PM

I'm pretty sure that's tvt design under a different name. 21 lb injectors don't support 375+ hp too. Do what you want, try them out. For $100 and about and hour of work its worth a shot. Don't be dissapointed if the car doesn't go any faster.

Crossfire725 03-07-2011 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
I'm pretty sure that's tvt design under a different name. 21 lb injectors don't support 375+ hp too. Do what you want, try them out. For $100 and about and hour of work its worth a shot. Don't be dissapointed if the car doesn't go any faster.

Click the MB link and read it. There talking about the crossfire motor and mods. Anread what they say about fueling....

BoilerUpXFire 03-07-2011 01:55 PM

Not even going to bother wasting my time.

Edit: I guess I wasted a little typing this... damn.

downwardspiral 03-07-2011 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Not even going to bother wasting my time.

Edit: I guess I wasted a little typing this... damn.

Originally Posted by Crossfire725
Click the MB link and read it. There talking about the crossfire motor and mods. Anread what they say about fueling....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nsIJ_dWO_R...-of-a-lake.jpg

Believe what you want, MB guys seem to have lots of problems modifying their cars to yield decent results, numbers, 1/4 mile times etc.. Keep in mind TVT never posted any track times, dyno graphs etc backing up the injectors and other mods. I have all the bolton stuff on my car and ran a stock number at the track. Am I satisfied with my car's performance - no. I am at the point where I am understanding that you will not make decent power whatsoever with this car without being able to access the tune. Save your money for the real stuff (turbo, standalone or piggyback etc..) and by the time you have enough there should be some options out there.

70GS455 03-10-2011 02:19 PM

You need to first determine if you are too lean. Buy or borrow a wide-band O2 meter (record capabilities are nice). The O2 sensor will then tell you if your A/F is too lean and you need more fuel.

dtinker 03-10-2011 03:01 PM

I know that AFR is fine now. My plan to add the 74mm TB may get that to the edge, especially if I do any exhaust work. I just had Eurocharged Performance do a DYNO Tune a couple of weeks ago. I was getting 195RWH and have added K&N filters since. May have to figure a new air box later as well. Just trying to find bargins while they are available at a really good price. The best time to purchase any item is when you don't need it, always get a better price and it gives you an excuse to do the project because you have the parts. I have SRT6 front rotors and calipers, new SS brake lines, and new ceramic pads front and back to add at some point. Bought all of them a couple of months ago. Just like doing stuff to the XF that make it a better car and more fun to drive.