Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Right Tail Light

Old 04-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right Tail Light

Does anyone here have a right tail light they are selling .. It looks like might got broke by the carwash today

Old 04-19-2011, 03:18 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Right Tail Light

Mine has a chip out of the lower left corner from the same thing no more car washes for my XF and to think i was just trying to be nice to it by keeping the salt off

Old 04-19-2011, 05:39 AM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

I've had to buy both taillight assemblies for my 07 Coupe. One was from a minor parking lot incident where I was backed into on the DS rear. The PS rear was damaged by the body shop during the repair when the taillight assembly was tightened too tight & cracked during re-assembly of rear bumper.

Anyway, I use a search engine of auto salvage yards across the country to locate parts I need. I found both taillights that way for my XFire. Here's the link to the search engine: GetUsedParts. These salvage yards are all hooked up like a network and stay in touch with each other for parts. You'll start getting eMails from various salvage yards once you submit your request.

I had a 1993 SSGT that was backed into and it took me over 7 months to locate a viable donor car to replace the front bumper. One of the guys that responded to my original parts request helped me locate the lower front bumper. He was in Upstate NY and found the donor car in Colorado. Paid him a $100 'finder's fee'. Well worth it.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
I've had to buy both taillight assemblies for my 07 Coupe. One was from a minor parking lot incident where I was backed into on the DS rear. The PS rear was damaged by the body shop during the repair when the taillight assembly was tightened too tight & cracked during re-assembly of rear bumper.

Anyway, I use a search engine of auto salvage yards across the country to locate parts I need. I found both taillights that way for my XFire. Here's the link to the search engine: GetUsedParts. These salvage yards are all hooked up like a network and stay in touch with each other for parts. You'll start getting eMails from various salvage yards once you submit your request.

I had a 1993 SSGT that was backed into and it took me over 7 months to locate a viable donor car to replace the front bumper. One of the guys that responded to my original parts request helped me locate the lower front bumper. He was in Upstate NY and found the donor car in Colorado. Paid him a $100 'finder's fee'. Well worth it.

Thanks alot mate .. I will making calls like crazy today

Old 04-19-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by pierrevi
Thanks alot mate .. I will making calls like crazy today

So funny story , I entered my number and after 30 minutes , I'm getting a flurry of calls from pasts wholesalers everywhere saying they have the part , but I have to be careful before I give some my CC # over the phone.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

They are not cheap, try to make the car wash pay for it.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by ZERACER
They are not cheap, try to make the car wash pay for it.

You right they are not, but I found one from best parts Auto .. 2nd day shipping . It ended up costing me 250 + 50 shipping costs.