Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

RENTING LAGUNA SECA

Old 05-16-2004, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RENTING LAGUNA SECA

While crusing with the Left Coast Hook-Up I overheard a discussion about renting Laguna Seca Raceway for a day.

Info at www.laguna-seca.com, there is a link for track rental, then another for rental fees.

Quite expensive at $6K+ per day, however, an afordable alternative is available at Willow Springs Raceway near Lancaster, CA. A one day course is $695 using their car, $495 if you use your own.

Details at www.raceschool.com

So if we could book a bunch of us for the same class it could be very cool. . . . .

Update - Since there is an interest I will contact the school to get more details. Class size is 8 - 14 students, price is $495 for each car/driver for the one day class. I'm open for suggestions but think if we could fill a one day class of our own it would be better than a normal student in a school car putting my baby into the fence. :roll: More info to follow.

Old 05-18-2004, 08:30 PM

Hi Berklund,

I would be interested if we can get a bunch of Xfires together on Willow Springs RW....$495 ain't cheap but
not unreasonable.

Old 05-18-2004, 09:04 PM

Hi Left-Coasters:

We just got home after our 9+ hour drive, so I'm too tired to read the website. But.... of course, we would be interested. Is that $495/car or $495 for all of us total??

If $495 total - we would definitely be interested. Only have 2 weekends that we cannot make it in the near future.

:roll: We had such a great time with everyone - why would we even think of missing any outing we could possible make??

Thanks for checking it out - please let me know about the charge - or I will take a longer look at it tomorrow. (I'm being lazy, sorry). :wink:

Old 05-19-2004, 10:37 PM

I am updating this post with more information on the drive your own car on a road course scenario.

There is a driving school at Willow Springs Raceway near Lancaster, CA. that offers various driving schools on this 1.8 Mile road course. A one day course is $695 using their car, $495 if you use your own. Please keep in mind that this is a driving school that does offer high performance driving instruction. An INSTRUCTOR is in the vehicle with the driver when on the track. Drivers are not allowed to race each other, the pace of instruction is dependent on the driver's ability, and when/if passing occurrs it is done in a very controlled setting with the instructors in each vehicle aware of what the other vehicle's intentions are. The school recommends an increased air pressure setting that will be a stiff in the seat, but will prevent the tires from rolling and wearing the edges. This same school just did a media presentation with Chrysler and some media people reviewing an SRT.

Details at www.raceschool.com

So if we could book a bunch of us for the same class it could be very cool. . . . .

XFIRE owners in other areas may want to check with their local race track