Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Front License Plate

Old 06-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front License Plate

Just purchased my first Crossfire (2005) in mint condition. Putting on front plates and just want to know if anyone has purchased an aftermarket license bracket so not to drill holes in the bumper?

Old 06-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Front License Plate

Originally Posted by jkwarner
Just purchased my first Crossfire (2005) in mint condition. Putting on front plates and just want to know if anyone has purchased an aftermarket license bracket so not to drill holes in the bumper?
Welcome to the forum JK.
Forum Member "Colorado Cruizer" built a very nice "Low Rider" style plate holder using a Mazda Miata front bracket.

Message - CrossfireForum.org Gallery

Several other members have done so as well doing something similar.
Anything is better than drilling holes where they were never meant to be.
Good Luck.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkwarner
my front plate looks great, its in the trunk. I have been through a dozen road checks from troopers, sheriffs and the local police, one time an officer mentioned as he was waving me through to put on the plate. Putting that front plate on this beautiful car is like fitting a super model with dental braces and telling her to smile for the camera.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum Jk. I remember reading on here about a hide away mounting bracket with a remote that will allow you to show or not show the front tag. Maybe someone else will remember more about it. Try doing a search for hide away tag. Good luck.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought the JDM universal plate bracket relocator from ebay. Planning on mounting it on the driver side drilling by the lower grille where no one will see if I need to take it off.

UNIVERSAL JDM LICENSE PLATE BRACKET RELOCATOR ADAPTER

Old 06-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Front License Plate Holes Fix

Our 2005 SSB SRT6 Roadster came with holes in the front bumper where a front plate had once been installed. I went to an auto parts place and purchased some diamond looking screw head covers that snap on to screws installed in these holes. You just put the snap on cap base on the screw, install the screw in the bumper holes and then press snap the Diamond covers on the bases. This gives " Her " a look that we call "Her Diamond Ear Rings".She Looks Great. They are only a few bucks and we keep her a spare pare in the glove box for when she looses one of them.