Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Just curious...

Old 05-27-2004, 08:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just curious...

I'm about to take delivery of an '05 coupe in a few weeks having wanted for a Crossfire since I first saw the concept car. But now I'm getting concerned about quality and the dealership network.

I've read so many posts in the last month about quality issues/problems and poor repair quality :cry: that I'm wondering if I should cancel my order. But before I do something that I don't want to do I thought I could learn how many owners haven't had probems or if they did, found quality dealership support.

Usually, people are more likely to share problems than most positive experiences so let me know who of you have had your Crossfire for at least six months without trouble and are happy with it.

Thanks!

Old 05-27-2004, 08:59 AM

I have only had a couple of very minor problems... Radio display ... Radio was replaced with no problems and Hatch rattle. Also fixed with no problems. My dealer has been awesome. I've said before that if Chrysler wants a poster dealership for what a 5 star dealer should be.... It's Hall Chrysler in Virginia Beach. Thay are fantastic!

My suggestion is that you talk to the service manager and the Crossfire tech and see if they make you comfortable.

Good Luck.

Old 05-27-2004, 09:12 AM

I think your statement about people talking more often about the bad things was right on point. People rarely talk about the fresh pot of coffee in the waiting room or the free car wash with service or the lifetime free oil changes. All of these things are true in my experience.

A lot of what you see was the startup problems DC faced with the introduction of this car. Most of that is behind them now. There will still be the odd problem that some dealers will be less than quick to handle. I even had an early problem with the free 800 help number but I would bet that has also been addressed.

So buy the car and get ready to smile until your face hurts.

Old 05-27-2004, 09:14 AM

One person with a bad experience will tell ten people.

Ten people with good experiences will tell just one person.

Its a great car.. and I am only slightly biased.

Old 05-27-2004, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jamikest
Its a great car.. and I am only slightly biased.
I'll second that!!!

Old 05-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Forum Regular

What the others said above. A few bad apples spoil the bunch.

I own the coupe, would I do it again? Yes!

Meet with the service manager and crossfire tech. If they appear to know what they are doing, go for it. If not, maybe there is an alternative dealer in the area.

Service won't be a huge issue on the 05. Us 04 owners found some very 'minor' bugs and they promptly addressed the situations. Came up with resolutions. Fixed any issues for existing customers.

Chrysler really has stood behind this car and is giving its customers way better support than ever before. I think with the addition of the 300c and Pacifica (other vehicles over 30k) The service department has already had some time to adjust to the needs of their customers.

Get the car. You'll love it. So far all mine has required is oil and gas.

Wind noise got resolved when I took it in to have the original radio swapped out for the dark display. Transmission shifs great, I still love the car, what more can I say?

Do it!

Old 05-27-2004, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by DFWSBR
Meet with the service manager and crossfire tech. If they appear to know what they are doing, go for it. If not, maybe there is an alternative dealer in the area.

I 2nd this...

I understand for a dealership to even sell Crossfires... they must have at least 1 technition attend specific training... and have all the special tools/equipment required for it...

Ask...

Dave...

Old 05-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had no service problems at all!Do they DC have a better radio face?I like the car and i'm picky.Owned 4 lexus 5 benzs,2 hondas,1nsx,this car is in the top 3 that i've had in the last 15years!

Old 05-27-2004, 12:13 PM

I have had 0 problems since I bought my XFire last Dec. I bought 4 cars from South County Dodge in Gilroy and the service on all of them has been great. I expect it to be the same if I need service on the XFire.

I would not trade my XFire for any other car!!!!!

Old 05-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Forum Regular

Don't buy it. I've had nothing but problems associated with it. This car has caused my gas budget to nearly double. I get yelled at by the girlfriend because I spend more time with the car than I do her. I find myself getting to the office late because I take the long way to work. My employer is telling me I'm leaving to early. I get all kinds of pestering questions from people about the car. I find people staring at me all the time. It has even caused me to have a few near run-ins with the law.

OK, time to go for a drive to cool off.

Old 05-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Heb80
Don't buy it. I've had nothing but problems associated with it. This car has caused my gas budget to nearly double. I get yelled at by the girlfriend because I spend more time with the car than I do her. I find myself getting to the office late because I take the long way to work. My employer is telling me I'm leaving to early. I get all kinds of pestering questions from people about the car. I find people staring at me all the time. It has even caused me to have a few near run-ins with the law.

OK, time to go for a drive to cool off.
sound like this could be a serious safety issue which is covered by lemon laws :lol:

Old 05-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Banned

DITTO

Old 05-27-2004, 02:37 PM

Had my car almost 1 year, the radio was replaced by the dealer on his own, wind nouse around windows were fixed, since thne no problems, a great car. My Central Florida Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep dealer has been exceptional. Go for it!!

Old 05-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Forum Regular

I have had my car since Oct 4, 2003.

The radio display is fixed - they called me, I did not even have to call them.

The wind noise has taken a bit longer to correct, but it has been addressed. In fact, it is in the shop today, and I was met by the service manager this morning - loaner keys in hand. He assured me that it would be taken care of.

In the beginning there was a parts availability problem. I blew 2 tires and bent two wheels, and it took awhile to get the parts. I was unhappy at the time, but only for the reaon that I could not drive this fantastic car! But I do not think that this is the case at this point. Some idiot hit my back bumper a few weeks ago, and the pre-painted replacement was there in about three days.

My dealer is Greenwood Market Motors in Youngstown, OH. I think they are a credit to the 5 star emblem.

Here is my favorite story: I was at a customer site, and some old guy came in to the office with this comment - "Did any of you see that car out there? It looks like some kind of a spaceship!" All I could do is sit there and smile...... How many cars have you ever owned that would make you do that?

My final opinion? I paid sticker price for this car, and would do it again in a flash. I have said this before, and I will say it again now: This is the best and most fun car I have ever owned!

Now go take delivery, post some pics, and welcome to the forum!!!!!!

:lol:

Old 05-27-2004, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by jsisabella
I have had my car since Oct 4, 2003.

Here is my favorite story: I was at a customer site, and some old guy came in to the office with this comment - "Did any of you see that car out there? It looks like some kind of a spaceship!" All I could do is sit there and smile...... How many cars have you ever owned that would make you do that?
too funny..."that spaceship car" is what my 21 year old daughter called it. i thought it looked like a ww-2 stuka.

closing in on 10,000 miles at about 3/4 year and absolutely love the car. would buy it again tomorrow.

dan

Old 05-27-2004, 07:20 PM

Hi Sticks,

I just bought mine March 15th. And I love it..If there were problems with anything before then, they must have gotten the bugs out. I have not had one problem with mine.

Even the luggage seemed to arrive before I got home with the car.

Go for it!!

Old 05-27-2004, 07:21 PM

Hi Sticks,

I just bought mine March 15th. And I love it..If there were problems with anything before then, they must have gotten the bugs out. I have not had one problem with mine.

And our son, who is 33, says the car looks like Snoopy!!

Go for it!!

Old 05-27-2004, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Cruiser
Hi Sticks,

Go for it!!
:lol:

Old 05-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Default Now that's what I wanted to hear!

Thanks for all the comments. I hoped that the problems I read about were few and far between. :wink:

Any recommendations on a 5 star dealership to service the car around Charlotte, NC? I'm moving to NC in June.

Old 05-28-2004, 02:06 AM

Great car , love it to death .

Quick Reply: Just curious...