Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Water getting in via rubber boot, suggestions?

Old 01-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water getting in via rubber boot, suggestions?

My nightmare returned overnight, lashed (heavy rain) it down here and the leak returned its the rubber boot (on the right hand side) that protects the wiring next to the hinge on the boot/trunk lid...it keeps popping out of the hole that it sits in then leaves a gap where the water finds the wires then travels into the car, I need to forget about sticking the rubber boot down and somehow seal the hole up, any suggestions anyone?
other than that It's a bloody great car, love driving it...especially with new tyres on.
Resolved most other problems with minimum fuss thus far but the leak via the rubber boot is driving me mad
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 08-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Default Re: Water getting in via rubber boot, suggestions?

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have the same issue with mine and would like to get it fixed.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Default Re: Water getting in via rubber boot, suggestions?

Originally Posted by doggboy
My nightmare returned overnight, lashed (heavy rain) it down here and the leak returned its the rubber boot (on the right hand side) that protects the wiring next to the hinge on the boot/trunk lid...it keeps popping out of the hole that it sits in then leaves a gap where the water finds the wires then travels into the car, I need to forget about sticking the rubber boot down and somehow seal the hole up, any suggestions anyone?
other than that It's a bloody great car, love driving it...especially with new tyres on.
Resolved most other problems with minimum fuss thus far but the leak via the rubber boot is driving me mad
Any help would be greatly appreciated
I think a lot of XFs have tha problem. Mine does and I'm not sure that it is the seal/boot you are referring to... I believe that mine, at least, is coming in thru the fuel filler surround. One of these days I'm going to take it apart and seal it. There is a thread somewhere on this forum where someone did this. Good luck with your leak and let us know if it fixes it.