Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

De-badge.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default De-badge.

Just for information purposes, why do a lot of XF members here de-badge their XF's?

I recently got mine and it had different badges installed. I have since taken the hood and trunk badges off. Back to original... I like it better that way. The wheels will be next.

I know it's all up to the owner. Are we not proud of our cars that we what to remove the manufacturer badges.(I know it's mostly MB)

I've wanted a Crossfire since they first came out. Now, I have one!

Thanks for your opinions!

DJ

Old 01-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: De-badge.

My thought exactly

I do think that some personalization is just adding to the fun.

Most of my life I have been into the old hot rod stuff where everything gets changed and modified.....now with the crossfire......they are so close to perfection that for me....little change is needed.....but....I'll find somethings to play with I'm sure.

By the way I like playing with these little smilies guy

Old 01-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Banned

I kinda like the factory look.

When I got it, it had an aftermarket radio in it. The previous owner had the factory radio, I got it back and had it switched back. It looks much better!

Old 01-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Sometimes a factory look is not in the cards for people. It must be a medical condition or imbalance!

I have this "condition" because there is not too many areas of my car that came from the factory looking the way the do now.

Change is good!

Old 01-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Beaner
Sometimes a factory look is not in the cards for people. It must be a medical condition or imbalance!

I have this "condition" because there is not too many areas of my car that came from the factory looking the way the do now.

Change is good!
It is what it is!

Nothing wrong with change!

Old 01-08-2012, 05:37 PM

The way I look at it, for what it's worth, is that Chrysler was just a sperm donor. Mercedes delivered the baby.

Joe Greenwood
Baton Rouge roadster

Old 01-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockbasses
Just for information purposes, why do a lot of XF members here de-badge their XF's?

I recently got mine and it had different badges installed. I have since taken the hood and trunk badges off. Back to original... I like it better that way. The wheels will be next.

I know it's all up to the owner. Are we not proud of our cars that we what to remove the manufacturer badges.(I know it's mostly MB)

I've wanted a Crossfire since they first came out. Now, I have one!

Thanks for your opinions!

DJ
Most people are ashamed of it being a Chrysler and they wished they actually bought a real Mercedes. That's why you see so many posers with MB stars and ///AMG badges. Plus the Powered By Mercedes stickers which says what to people?

Old 01-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by metrocop
The way I look at it, for what it's worth, is that Chrysler was just a sperm donor. Mercedes delivered the baby.

Joe Greenwood
Baton Rouge roadster
So was ur daddy......but most people take his name!

Old 01-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Most people are ashamed of it being a Chrysler and they wished they actually bought a real Mercedes.....
That's why I bought a crossfire, I wanted a crossfire! I am proud to own this car regardless of who makes the components that make it a Crossfire!

To each his own tho. I wasn't out to buy a Mercedes. I wanted and bought THE Crossfire!

Peace.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rockbasses
That's why I bought a crossfire, I wanted a crossfire! I am proud to own this car regardless of who makes the components that make it a Crossfire!

To each his own tho. I wasn't out to buy a Mercedes. I wanted and bought THE Crossfire!

Peace.
When I had my Limited, and 2 SRT-6s they all had their Chrysler badge on them. I was also proud to tell people it was a Chrysler and never felt the need to explain it's Mercedes heritage. After all most people don't care.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Most people are ashamed of it being a Chrysler and they wished they actually bought a real Mercedes. That's why you see so many posers with MB stars and ///AMG badges. Plus the Powered By Mercedes stickers which says what to people?
So, let me get this straight, MB AMG owner, my XF isn't powered by AMG? If it isn't, then what is it powered by? Chrysler was just the distributor, and you all know it. They didn't build it, they sent a few engineers over there to "observe" and a keep tabs on it. The designer was even contracted... It is what it is and I will badge it the way I want...which is to tell the truth...it is a ******* child of Mercedes Benz who took Chrysler on as their mistress, until they stole her purse and went back across the pond...leaving her to fend for herself. A.nother M.ercedes G.oofup....but...it is powered by AMG.... And that sticker isn't a lie...you won't find anything else on my cars..but it sure isn't a Chrysler by any means...just ask my union Chrysler buddies....I'm lucky I get out of their parking lot without a scratch...Daimler isn't a very good name around here. It has been removed, painted over, or scratched out...on anything Chrysler owned...a true ******* car...which is why I love it...especially when passing those high priced fancy cars....

Old 01-08-2012, 06:09 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Any one of the aftermarket or custom badges being offered by the forum vendors here look wayyyyyyy better on the Crossfire than the washed out, hideous looking Chrysler badge.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Received 538 Likes on 426 Posts

Like some that have posted here, I have kept the "factory" look. My 07 Machine Gray Limited Coupe looks just like it did off the boat or dealer floor. I do have a "Powered by Mercedes-Benz" emblem in the engine bay 'cause I'm proud of the M-B powertrain and it looks almost like it belongs when the hood is up at GTGs and car shows.

Others like to customize their rides and that's okay by me, too. I appreciate the work & effort it takes to do some of the mods of fellow XFire Owners when we're together & talking about these cars.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
So, let me get this straight, MB AMG owner, my XF isn't powered by AMG? If it isn't, then what is it powered by? Chrysler was just the distributor, and you all know it. They didn't build it, they sent a few engineers over there to "observe" and a keep tabs on it. The designer was even contracted... It is what it is and I will badge it the way I want...which is to tell the truth...it is a ******* child of Mercedes Benz who took Chrysler on as their mistress, until they stole her purse and went back across the pond...leaving her to fend for herself. A.nother M.ercedes G.oofup....but...it is powered by AMG.... And that sticker isn't a lie...you won't find anything else on my cars..but it sure isn't a Chrysler by any means...just ask my union Chrysler buddies....I'm lucky I get out of their parking lot without a scratch...Daimler isn't a very good name around here. It has been removed, painted over, or scratched out...on anything Chrysler owned...a true ******* car...which is why I love it...especially when passing those high priced fancy cars....
DAMN RIGHT!!!!

Old 01-08-2012, 06:46 PM

I installed my badges for my pleasure. I have a nameplate Mercedes. no poser.The coupe is AMG built

Last edited by arado; 01-08-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

DAMN RIGHT!!!!
YEA! What oledoc2u said.. Squirrel Crusher

Old 01-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Joe Greenwood
Baton Rouge roadster
I look at Chrysler as just being the ones that sent out the birth announcements.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:23 PM

So when someone says, "who makes the Crossfire?" How do you answer them. I'm assuming they'll ask this because when they asked, "What car is it?" you said, "It's a Crossfire" rather than a Chrysler Crossfire.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:29 PM

So when someone says, "who makes the Crossfire?" How do you answer them. I'm assuming they'll ask this because when they asked, "What car is it?" you said, "It's a Crossfire" rather than a Chrysler Crossfire.
I tell them Karmann. I learned that in 2006 when I bought my first one. gary.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Smile Re: De-badge.

To each his own...

I think we'll ALL agree we have outstanding cars regardless of their heritage. I like to see the different things people do to their cars, it gives me the opportunity to see them so I can decide for myself. I have decided to keep the original badging on my 05 SRT6 roadster. I don't like to advertise because I don't want anyone to know what my baby is actually capable of. Only a few car guys know what it really is anyways. HA!

I do understand the challenges associated with this hybred and what "group" it is actually associated with. The Mopar guys balk and the Mercedes guys do the same. I like to think of it as MY car and trust me, I am proud. Especially when I burn a ricer or an unsuspecting Vette. Love it.