Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Air bag code help... Why warranties on our cars are needed

Old 04-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Air bag code help... Why warranties on our cars are needed

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
The dealership just told me that could be a 1,500 dollar part! I think I am going to call Chrysler and complain... then threaten to sue if the airbag deploys for no reason or doesn't go off in an accident. I would rather spend 2K on a lawyer than 2K to a dealer just to get jerked around!
LOL let me know how that works out for ya

Old 04-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The dealership just told me that could be a 1,500 dollar part! I think I am going to call Chrysler and complain... then threaten to sue if the airbag deploys for no reason or doesn't go off in an accident. I would rather spend 2K on a lawyer than 2K to a dealer just to get jerked around!
Good luck.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dude. Order the used sensor and plug it in. For $100 it's worth a shot and you can always resale if it doesn't fix your issue. List it for $85 shipped and some SLK owner will gladly snap it up.

If it fixes your issue -- you skip the dealer, avoid looking like an idiot in front of a lawyer, and you can continue driving your Bentley with no fear of having your head blown off.

But if you'd rather get a lawyer involved and lose lots of $$$, that's your call. Some fish love to swim upstream.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Dude. Order the used sensor and plug it in. For $100 it's worth a shot and you can always resale if it doesn't fix your issue. List it for $85 shipped and some SLK owner will gladly snap it up.

If it fixes your issue -- you skip the dealer, avoid looking like an idiot in front of a lawyer, and you can continue driving your Bentley with no fear of having your head blown off.

But if you'd rather get a lawyer involved and lose lots of $$$, that's your call. Some fish love to swim upstream.
I just talked to the chrysler HQ and they told me to bring it to a dealership and have it diagnosed. They told me since my miles are so low they can probably do something for me... but they can't do anything until they have the info so I need to bring it in and have it checked out. Not sure if it is BS or not.

I will send you a PM....

Old 04-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To save some money, you might try checking out your clockspring. If the clockspring is bad it will cause the air bag light to come on. Just a thought.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

take the 2000$ and buy an opel gt it looks like a xfire which looks like a bently and then we wont have to read these stupid posts. btw please dont sue me for defamation. wait you ARE a character!!

Old 04-05-2012, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
take the 2000$ and buy an opel gt it looks like a xfire which looks like a bently and then we wont have to read these stupid posts. btw please dont sue me for defamation. wait you ARE a character!!
Do you even own a crossfire? Or do you just come here to troll around?

Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 PM
www.TheCrossfireShop.com

Originally Posted by Chris L.
His car is an 05.....?
My bad, forum name has 07 in it, so "assumed" as such. I have sold several used airbag modules, apparently they just plug in.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:43 AM

Do you even own a crossfire? Or do you just come here to troll around?
Do you even own a Crossfire, or do YOU just come here to troll around?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:03 PM

Is this the correct part that I need to fix the code 01? Do you guys think replacing this part will fix my Air bag problem?

Air Bag Modules and Sensors - MODULE, Air Bag Control - 05102756AA | Mopar

Old 04-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sigh, same thing on mine since 22,500 miles.. I'm going to disable the bulb. I know the bags won't deploy in an accident, but unfortunately I can't spend $1,000+ to fix an issue that shouldn't exist in the first place. I get in the car, start it, the light goes off then immediately comes back on. Been like that for 30,000 miles now.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by chrisificti0n
Sigh, same thing on mine since 22,500 miles.. I'm going to disable the bulb. I know the bags won't deploy in an accident, but unfortunately I can't spend $1,000+ to fix an issue that shouldn't exist in the first place. I get in the car, start it, the light goes off then immediately comes back on. Been like that for 30,000 miles now.
Did you get a price quote from a dealer? A mechanic told me there may be a separate warranty on the air bags.... Like a 10 year warranty or something. I tried looking through the paper work from when I bought the car new. My plan is to bring it to the dealer for a diagnosis. Once it is in their system I am going to call Chrysler and beach up a storm. Chrysler told me to bring it in first and then they will discuss it. They said that since I have low mileage they think they can help me out.... But something tells me they have to fix it for free based on the year and mileage of my car. There may be a law very similar to a seat belt law that they are not telling us about.