Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire Xtended Warranty

Old 04-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire Xtended Warranty

I purchased from a private party 1 month ago. I get a card for an extended warrany with a phone #.
Called it and the guy offered "New Car" coverage for 5/75000 for $600/yr or $3000 paid $400 down and the rest over 12 months.

My last XF Roadster purchased 4yrs ago from a dealer had a 3/36000 extended warranty for $1300 though that car was an NA.

Is it possible to "Shop" these warrantys to find a better deal. I'm driving the car 5K miles per year. The price seems a little steep.

It's still under factory warrany until december.
Thoughts?

Old 04-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Xtended Warranty

I just bought mine through AAA.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was quoted 2500 for the same plan through Chrysler. Shopping around right now at dealerships to get a cheaper price. I would rather buy a Chrysler plan than use a different company.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I was toying with the idea of purchasing an extended warranty about a year ago after mine developed a valve cover leak. My 2008 roadster had 22K miles on it at the time and I drive it about 5K miles a year.

I asked the Chrysler service manager for his thoughts on purchasing the warranty and he didn't recommend it. He said these cars are built well, have great engines, and seldom have problems. He admitted they're not cheap to fix, but at the rate I was driving it, he didn't think I'd spend the money I'd be spending on the warranty on parts and labor before the warranty ran out. After thinking about it, I chose to hold onto my money. It's a gamble.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by SRQfun
I've got AAA 2. Didn't think of that. It's worth giving em a ring. Thx!

Old 04-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Forum Regular

They are amazing in what services they offer.... AAA SRQfun

Old 04-24-2012, 03:40 AM

i have a 3yr/36k on mine that i bought a couple months ago...ive always got screwed with cars..literally always so i said **** it and bought it, i drive my car alot...have already put 4k miles on it in roughly 3 months. so i plan on using the warranty to my advantage

Old 04-24-2012, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by SRQfun
I called my AAA and was told they don't do xtended warranty's. Could it be a different kind of AAA.
Do you have a ph# by chance?
Thx.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Forum Regular

AAA - Extended Auto Repair Warranty
Or go to AAA.com and mouse over the automotive tab. You will see the link under repairs

Old 04-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Forum Regular

I have found out that AAA only has extended warranty auto repair for "certain States" The other policy is that they will send you to a AAA Garage that will repair and not go above 10% esitmate. The rates vary by shops. The SQRFun is tslking about extended warranty in Florida, Georgia, and parts of Tennesse. Here in Idaho and Oregon, it is a policy that will take you to a certified AAA garage, not the extended I think we are looking for.???? Maybe????

Kj

Old 04-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

The 7/70 extended Chrysler warranty on my roadster expires in 2 weeks and I never used it. Only repair was the fan under recall. It's not worth the $100 deductible to resolve the TPMS alert. I've had the SRT6 for four years with two repairs: the i/c pump under warranty and a blown out sensor from the s/c plenum that my indie shop diagnosed and fixed for $130. Never had any work done on my son's 2007. I regret the $1400 I paid to Chrysler for the warranty - -these cars are rock solid. I would put the money in an interest bearing account (yeah, I know these are a joke) for a possible repair. Keep in mind that if you total the car, the warranty is worthless.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:25 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

I am coming up on three years of owning my NEW 08 in July. I have been getting pimped a lot by Chrysler for an extended warranty. They tell you to call a number and give them a code for a quote. I do not think I will take them up on this offer as I hope to get the BEGi turbo after about 1/2 to a year of others breaking them in (not breaking them, using them). Chrysler wants way too mjuch for their Maxcare, I believe.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:01 PM
AlG
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the extended warranty that goes to six years and 80,000 miles. And, I've used it plenty. CPS replaced, had the low oil sensor in the pan go bad. That was replaced along with the oil pan as that got cracked when they took it off. Water pump went bad and was replaced. And because I had the extended warranty I got the top replaced for free with no deductible after having the dreaded rear window problem. So, I figure I more than made my money back. The only thing is I'll have the car five years in October and I'll be way over the 80,000 mile mark by then so I didn't get the full six years.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Goldwing
I regret the $1400 I paid to Chrysler for the warranty - -these cars are rock solid. I would put the money in an interest bearing account (yeah, I know these are a joke) for a possible repair. Keep in mind that if you total the car, the warranty is worthless.
I dissagree... these cars are not rock solid if you drive them every day. One repair on these cars and the warranty pays for itself. The first 3 years of daily driving was nothing but problems for me. The last few years as a garage queen has been very quiet. Here are just a few things I fixed over the years that happen to be very common problems with our cars. All of this was fixed for free under warranty.

*door handles seperated on both doors- replaced
*foggy headlights replaced
*headliner fell down on my coupe (convertible back windows fall out)
*AC recirc flap was making a racket--- took apart entire dash to fix
*AC would turn on and off on its own. This was fixed the 1st time and needed to be fixed again 2 years later
*small oil drip from engine (valve cover gasket)
*rain water leak near triangle in window (window needed an adjustment)
*sticky key in the ignition
*cooling fan (a recall from chrysler)
*My airbag light is now on without a warranty. That will probably cost me 1K or more.

These are just a few things off the top of my head. Common issues you can read about on this forum. My car has spent more time at the dealership then I care to admit... and I still don't think it is a lemon. And every time I brought it in to get something fixed I always had to bring it back to fix the new problems they broke (because Chrysler mechs know very little about our cars).

When a car like my jeep cherokee can go 260K+ mikes on just oil changes, one tune up and a new radiator then that is a "rock solid car". My Jeep is still going! My Crossfire only has 57K miles on it. The car rides great and I would never sell it... but it is certainly not a rock solid trouble free car unless you hardly drive it and keep it in the garage.

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 04-26-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drove my limited to 44k miles. No problems just regular oil changes.
I drove my first SRT for 15k miles. Again no problems just regular oil changes
I drove my second SRT for 60k miles, Replaced intercooler pump, oil changes, and tranny flush. Nothing major broke. I was out of warranty for everything but the intercooler pump which I would've done myself and saved a boatload of money.

If you don't mind fixing it yourself I wouldn't get a warranty, if you always want to take it to the dealer then you might want to consider one. BTW mine rarely sat in the Garage.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
I drove my limited to 44k miles. No problems just regular oil changes.
I drove my first SRT for 15k miles. Again no problems just regular oil changes
I drove my second SRT for 60k miles, Replaced intercooler pump, oil changes, and tranny flush. Nothing major broke. I was out of warranty for everything but the intercooler pump which I would've done myself and saved a boatload of money.

If you don't mind fixing it yourself I wouldn't get a warranty, if you always want to take it to the dealer then you might want to consider one. BTW mine rarely sat in the Garage.
I don't believe this for a second. I find it very hard to believe you never had a headliner/back window fall down, your headlights never fogged up, your ingition key never gave you problems... etc. Your pull handles on the door never split and created a sharp edge that rattled every time you hit a bump?

There are tons of people on this forum that had and continue to have these typical known crossfire issues. I find it hard to believe your 3 crossfires never had one single problem other than an intercooler pump (which is a common known issue with the SRT). I am not calling you a liar... I just find it hard to believe that your 3 cars were that special.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
I don't believe this for a second. I find it very hard to believe you never had a headliner/back window fall down, your headlights never fogged up, your ingition key never gave you problems... etc. Your pull handles on the door never split and created a sharp edge that rattled every time you hit a bump?

There are tons of people on this forum that had and continue to have these typical known crossfire issues. I find it hard to believe your 3 crossfires never had one single problem other than an intercooler pump (which is a common known issue with the SRT). I am not calling you a liar... I just find it hard to believe that your 3 cars were that special.
Yep, 3 cars all driven all the time and driven quite hard. Never had a problem. Oh wait I did replace the driver side and passenger side door pulls. The back side of them had a sharp edge to them. That was a gift from my Dad though and I replaced it myself. $125 for the parts I think.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Forum Regular

Tons of people? I think not.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by joejet
Tons of people? I think not.

I think so... check out the sticky ignition thread below. More than 400 replies. This is just one example of the "TONS" of people that share common problems with crossfires. If you bought your car used, chances are it could have been fixed without you even knowing. But anyone that bought their cars new know what I am talking about. My key started having problems way before the 3 year 36K mile warranty expired. Very few crossfires in my town and I was the second crossfire at the dealership (at the same time) with the same problem.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...n-key-fix.html

As for headliners, I am constantly being asked where I had mine replaced. A couple people on this forum actually went to the same shop to get theirs fixed. These are common universal problems that us crossfire owners share.... this forum is proof!

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 04-26-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
I think so... check out the sticky ignition thread below. More than 400 replies. This is just one example of the "TONS" of people that share common problems with crossfires. If you bought your car used, chances are it could have been fixed without you even knowing. But anyone that bought their cars new know what I am talking about. My key started having problems way before the 3 year 36K mile warranty expired. Very few crossfires in my town and I was the second crossfire at the dealership (at the same time) with the same problem.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...n-key-fix.html

As for headliners, I am constantly being asked where I had mine replaced. A couple people on this forum actually went to the same shop to get theirs fixed. These are common universal problems that us crossfire owners share.... this forum is proof!
I'm going to pull a Boiler (John) and make a final statement and leave this thread.
400 replies is not a ton and don't do the "I bought my car new and you didn't so you don't know jack squat" bullshit. First let's look at your know it all original statement. "400 replies" let's say all 400 had this issue 400 out of 80,000 cars (I'm estimating here, I actually think more were built) is 0.005% of cars that have had a problem. Also remember many people don't come to a car forum because they are an enthusiast. Instead they come to report a problem and see if anyone has a solution.

"The headliner" (convertible top is sort of a separate issue) is a wear and tear issue and is more prevalent in the south where it is hotter. My Crossfires lived in a garage at night and during the day at work. My Jeep on the other hand has headliner issues and has never seen the inside of my garage. Should I ***** to Jeep/Chrysler because I need to replace my headliner in it? My first car had its headliner replaced should I contact Oldsmobile?

"The Convertible top" Guys it sucks that the window is falling out, but this is also a wear and tear item. If you've ever owned a soft top for long periods of time you've probably replaced the top before. Personally if I was offered a new top from Chrysler I'd definitely take it, but If they didn't want to pay for it I'd drive down to the shop in Florida that's creating replacements that have pockets for the back window to sit in. I think the price was $1200? Someone else can clarify that one.

"Foggy headlights" isn't this a common problem for vehicle in this era? I had moisture in my headlight on the Graphite SRT (my final one lol) but that was my fault and I corrected it. I left the little rubber boot off for an entire night. The lovely Tennessee humidity happen to collect in there, but after a few days of driving with the headlights on it all went away. Yellowing is also a common problem across many manufacturers. Changes in plastics has resolved this.

"Valve Cover gaskets" this is also a common problem across many manufacturers. My Neon, Firebird, Jeep had it, my crossfires all had it, my current Mercedes had it. Most engines do this, but it's never noticed because no one takes the plastic engine cover off to look at the motor anymore. It's a very small leak that only happens under pressure and never "drips"

You can't really complain about the cooling fan. Chrysler recalled it and fixed it for free. Didn't really cost you anything did it? Might as well throw in the recall on the 04 rear hatch latch that rattled. Chrysler replaced that one for free as well under a nationwide recall.

My favorite is your airbag light. Several people have tried to help you fix that, but you don't want to try anything except complain about your dealer that you take it too. "Oh they want to replace the whole damn thing what should I do? They suck giant ***** yadda yadda yadda" When someone says something about contacting MRMopar about the sensor you ignore it. Dude all you want to do is complain and do all you can to make sure everyone else knows about your troubles. Boo freaking hoo

Quick Reply: Crossfire Xtended Warranty