Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

How much did you pay for your 2004 Coupe?

Old 07-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much did you pay for your 2004 Coupe?

Just wondering how much you fellows paid for your 2004 Coupe.

I'm in Mexico and since the car is not selling at all down here, incentives are sky high.

Keep in mind that our sales tax is 15% over here, so, are you seating down?

I paid $27,300 USD tax included for an Automatic, if you deduct the sales tax from that I paid $23,739 USD before tax for it.

How does that compare to what you paid?

Old 07-23-2004, 10:30 AM

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/search.php Click and search... There are a couple of threads (old threads) talking about how much people paid.

Old 07-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't get one here for under24k,can i come down and get one and not pay the tax?Because i'd be taking it back to the states?I'd do it on a SRT OR Convertable!!

Old 07-23-2004, 11:12 AM

you can get a NEW one here for 24k or under? A little hard to believe. If dealers will sell them that cheap , 10 k under sticker, would be a little hard to move the 2005's

Old 07-23-2004, 12:43 PM

Sticker price for a 2004 Coupe in Mexico is $26,465 USD before taxes, there are no 2005 yet.

If you check the prices in www.chrysler.com.mx you can see that the price is $350,000 Pesos including taxes for a 2004 Automatic, the exchange rate now is 11.50 Pesos/USD, that is $30,434 USD, our sales tax is 15%.

Before taxes the MSRP is $26,465 USD, and dealers are still giving discounts, that's how I got that price.

Maybe the price you qouted for a 2005 is the new "austere" version.

Since tha car does not sell in Mexico we don't have 2005 models yet, and as of today there are no plans to introduce the roadster, nor the SRT-6.

You could get away with the tax issue.

Old 07-23-2004, 12:50 PM
Forum Regular

But does it have leather etc.. i.e. is it the limited Coupe? In the UK this model doesn't exist as all the extras come as standard, but in the US (not sure about Mexico) you could buy a basic config or the limited.

Old 07-23-2004, 04:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

the cheapest i've seen a 2005 "base" model advertised for is $25,758 (includes everything but tax, tags, and title) here in the u.s.

since all 04s are essentially "limited" coupes, $23.7K would be beyond incredible in the u.s. for a new crossfire. a dealer in my area that has 22 crossfires (all but 2 are 04s) advertises on the web a special price of $30.7K for the 04 autostick including rebates.

Old 07-23-2004, 07:05 PM

The car is a 2004 Limited Coupe.

Old 07-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Banned

I believe MXXFire is a dealer himself!!

Old 07-23-2004, 07:51 PM

That's right, I work at a mexican dealer.

But make no mistake about it, that price is what we dealers give to our customers, we just want to get rid of the cars.

They have been a really tough sell over here, we have very stiff competition from premium brands, we have models from Alfa Romeo, Peugeot, Renault, BMW, Audi, Mercedes and some others that are not for sale in the US.

Those cars are priced right aruond the XFire, and people down here would be seen driving the cheapest Audi ever than a Chrysler.

The Mexican market is aimed at euro cars, american cars have kind of a bad rep, it doesn't matter how good the car is, the average "premium" customer prefers a euro brand.

True story.

Old 07-23-2004, 08:06 PM
Banned

What colors do you have now in stock? And will i have more taxes added to it here besides lic. fees?Autos please.

Old 07-23-2004, 11:14 PM

why not just sell all the cars to a u.s. dealer?

importing a car can be more of a headache than it's worth. it's one thing if you actually live or have an extended stay in a country and bring your vehicle back with you, but it would seem to be much less advantageous to simply purchase a grey market vehicle for import.

consider the following:

1. how much would it cost to ship the vehicle? maybe $2K?
2. you'd have to pay a 2.5% u.s. import duty. $700 or so.
3. would you have to pay any taxes to mexico even if the vehicle isn't registered there? (for example, what about luxury tax?) paying even part of the sales tax would be a deal killer if it were in addition to the sales taxes you'd pay in your state to register it.
4. then you'd have all the hassles with getting it through customs, any required modifications, paperwork, etc.
5. are you confident the car will arrive safely, or at all, once you've paid?
6. if you ever go to resell the vehicle it may be worth less on the used market since it's a grey market vehicle.

and the #1 question -
does a mexican crossfire come with the touring gear? :lol:

Old 07-24-2004, 12:17 AM
Banned

I think it comes with a full bag of MX gold!!Good stuff dude!

Old 07-24-2004, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rob M
1. how much would it cost to ship the vehicle? maybe $2K?
ship? Especially for folks on the Left Coast, just fly down and drive it home! Heck, people have flown to Atlanta (CarMax) and bought and drove home.

Old 07-24-2004, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by saldous
But does it have leather etc.. i.e. is it the limited Coupe? In the UK this model doesn't exist as all the extras come as standard, but in the US (not sure about Mexico) you could buy a basic config or the limited.
There is only one 2004 model, the fully loaded. The "austere" (cool word, have to remember that) model only appears in the 2005.

Old 07-24-2004, 12:23 PM

Rob M made some very good points.

I'm not familiar with Customs Laws in the US bit I assume you will have to pay some import duties (since the car is made in Germany), federal and state taxes, luxuty tax, etc...

I'm not sure if our cars have US Specs, most of the time we get the Euro specs, so there may be some federalization issues. (EPA)

As a Mexican dealer we are not authorised to sell cas to an amercian dealer, nor are we able to sell cars for export, so we can't sell cars without charging the sales tax and the new car tax.

I currently have in stock only automatic coupes in all colors.

Maybe your best shot would be to do a little research and really see what the import process will cost and last, and then you can decide if it really is a good deal or not.

Old 07-24-2004, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by MEXICANCROSSFIRE
Rob M made some very good points.

I'm not familiar with Customs Laws in the US bit I assume you will have to pay some import duties (since the car is made in Germany), federal and state taxes, luxuty tax, etc...

I'm not sure if our cars have US Specs, most of the time we get the Euro specs, so there may be some federalization issues. (EPA)

As a Mexican dealer we are not authorised to sell cas to an amercian dealer, nor are we able to sell cars for export, so we can't sell cars without charging the sales tax and the new car tax.

I currently have in stock only automatic coupes in all colors.

Maybe your best shot would be to do a little research and really see what the import process will cost and last, and then you can decide if it really is a good deal or not.
whether or not it would make financial sense, it's still an interesting consideration. i think the taxes would be the biggest barrier since sales taxes in most u.s. states are less than half of the 15% you paid. we don't pay a federal tax, and there isn't any luxury tax on a crossfire, but most states would charge 5-7% when the vehicle is registered. i purchased my crossfire in florida, but i only had to pay taxes (5%) to the state where i live. you'd be required to pay a duty if bringing a car back to the states but if you bring it back in person, some of the duty is exempted.

it would be interesting to know what, if any, differences there are between a u.s. and mexican crossfire.

you might also want to consider posting a similar thread to the for sale topic. there aren't many posts there, so it would be visible for a while. you never know, there might be some people living in or traveling in mexico that read this forum.