Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New guy in SW MO...

Old 08-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy in SW MO...

I picked up a SSB 2004 Coupe 6-spd about a month ago from a local Chrysler dealer. They put a new headliner in, and are still working on getting a second key Not really looking to get too carried away with this one. It's my daily driver. I've got an old Plymouth and K5 to play around with.

Been doing a lot of reading on here. Some great info. Already resoldered my RCM. Wasn't giving me trouble yet, but had a hair line crack started. Replaced interior lights with LED's. Put an older Kenwood in over the weekend. Thinking about going with a new Kenwood media player and backup camera. I used a Metra harness with the RCA connectors. Will be splitting the wires in front of the amp to get individual access to all 4 channels. Sounds better than stock now, but needs some bass out of the fronts. Can't believe they used a 2 channel head unit.

Got a few things to take care of. Cupholder, valve cover leak, only the passenger seat back heater works, oil level light just recently started coming/going. From what I've read it's ONLY used for oil life monitor, so thinking about taking the bulb out and just changing oil every 7000. (Just did the oil last weekend. One of the easier changes I've done.). The car looks and drives so nice it's hard to remember it's 8 years old.

Thinking about going with HID's, need to clean the inside of the lights and polish the outside, figure out a leather shift ****, maybe some new wheels and eventually a CAI. Windows are already tinted, which is usually my first mod...

So far I love driving it. I prefer vehicles that you don't see at every stop light, so this one is great for me. Looking forward to more reading and learning, and lots of driving.

Just a couple quick questions I haven't found answers for yet.
1. Not sure what to search for. Most of the interior black plastic has a rubberized coating that's worn off in a few places. Trying to figure out what to do about it. Clean it off, or recoat it, but with what?

2. What's the read light on the key fob?

Old 08-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Default Re: New guy in SW MO...

Im located in springfield.... where exactly ya located?

Old 08-06-2012, 11:07 PM

I'm down in the corner in Pineville.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by closer9
I picked up a SSB 2004 Coupe 6-spd about a month ago from a local Chrysler dealer. They put a new headliner in, and are still working on getting a second key Not really looking to get too carried away with this one. It's my daily driver. I've got an old Plymouth and K5 to play around with.

Been doing a lot of reading on here. Some great info. Already resoldered my RCM. Wasn't giving me trouble yet, but had a hair line crack started. Replaced interior lights with LED's. Put an older Kenwood in over the weekend. Thinking about going with a new Kenwood media player and backup camera. I used a Metra harness with the RCA connectors. Will be splitting the wires in front of the amp to get individual access to all 4 channels. Sounds better than stock now, but needs some bass out of the fronts. Can't believe they used a 2 channel head unit.

Got a few things to take care of. Cupholder, valve cover leak, only the passenger seat back heater works, oil level light just recently started coming/going. From what I've read it's ONLY used for oil life monitor, so thinking about taking the bulb out and just changing oil every 7000. (Just did the oil last weekend. One of the easier changes I've done.). The car looks and drives so nice it's hard to remember it's 8 years old.

Thinking about going with HID's, need to clean the inside of the lights and polish the outside, figure out a leather shift ****, maybe some new wheels and eventually a CAI. Windows are already tinted, which is usually my first mod...

So far I love driving it. I prefer vehicles that you don't see at every stop light, so this one is great for me. Looking forward to more reading and learning, and lots of driving.

Just a couple quick questions I haven't found answers for yet.
1. Not sure what to search for. Most of the interior black plastic has a rubberized coating that's worn off in a few places. Trying to figure out what to do about it. Clean it off, or recoat it, but with what?

2. What's the read light on the key fob?
Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the car! I would love to hear about the solution for the interior black as I've noticed mine isn't looking too great...

As far as the key, are you referring to the red part on the "top" next to where the key flips out? That's not a light, its just the area that covers the chip needed to start the car

Old 08-07-2012, 01:39 PM

I was wondering about Plasti Dip. Thought about looking for a spare piece of trim to practice on. Maybe on eBay...

Old 08-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also just picked up a black 2004 coupe a couple weeks ago. It's in great shape 50,000 miles. Just did the head light lens kit, looks great!!! Sure beats the $500+ for a new assembly!!! Also put top of the line silverstar's in reg head lights as I do mostly night driving. Looking to tint windows and put red LED's in map lights. Really glad I found this site so fast!!! I know youse will help me out a lot so thanks in advance!!! Looking